Hong Kong Disneyland temporarily closing December 2nd

Robbiem

When will Hong Kong ever get a break! Hopefully the situation gets better and the park can reopen and start to prosper soon.

Gringrinngghost

When will Hong Kong ever get a break! Hopefully the situation gets better and the park can reopen and start to prosper soon.
Their actions are when you have proper restrictions. It’s a tantamount game of whack a mole. You hit it once, but one the time elapses, it shows its head again.

Gringrinngghost

Waiting for this spin from TDA (Team Disney Anaheim)

DB780520-87AE-4570-A3C9-2AC728007D0C.jpeg

Robbiem

I am really thinking of going back to HKDL this year IF things opens up again. But with the yo-yo effect happening everywhere, chances are most likely slim.

Hong Kong has very strict entry restrictions at the moment. Only residents can enter and then they have to isolate for three weeks.

At the moment Hong Kong Disneyland is very much a locals park but I look forward to returning at some point in the future

fctiger

Hong Kong has very strict entry restrictions at the moment. Only residents can enter and then they have to isolate for three weeks.

At the moment Hong Kong Disneyland is very much a locals park but I look forward to returning at some point in the future

That's what I was referring to when I said open up. I'm really hoping with the vaccines that things could change by summer. I'm hoping to go to either Hong Kong or Tokyo frankly since I was suppose to go the latter last year.

Robbiem

That's what I was referring to when I said open up. I'm really hoping with the vaccines that things could change by summer. I'm hoping to go to either Hong Kong or Tokyo frankly since I was suppose to go the latter last year.
I hope things improve. I’ve been to Tokyo and Hong Kong and both are great places to visit as well as Disney, I’m looking to returning hopefully next year if i can

fctiger

I hope things improve. I’ve been to Tokyo and Hong Kong and both are great places to visit as well as Disney, I’m looking to returning hopefully next year if i can

I use to live in Tokyo and been to TDR basically every month and was still going even when I moved back to the states. But I haven't been there in over a decade now. Last year was going to be my first visit back in a long time. I was back in Hong Kong back in 2018 and was planning to go back once the castle opened. No strict plans just whenever I could swing going back and could go this year. I can technically do both in one trip just as long it's just a few days between both, but I think just getting into one country is hard enough lol.

Slpy3270

Hong Kong Disneyland closing for at least two weeks to combat Omnicron surge.

Let's be real, though: it's going to be months, if not a whole year, especially if Shanghai, Tokyo and Paris all close as well. The variant is too transmissible for any measure save a total lockdown to work.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Hong Kong Disneyland closing for at least two weeks to combat Omnicron surge.

Let's be real, though: it's going to be months, if not a whole year, especially if Shanghai, Tokyo and Paris all close as well. The variant is too transmissible for any measure save a total lockdown to work.

We can only hope that, as with previous waves, the wave only lasts two months as it burns through the population.

HKDLer

Before the forced closure, the government also announced a vaccine mandate for scheduled premises including theme parks beginning from Feb 24.

Right now there are only a few Omicron cases in HK and though I don’t agree with the ‘zero-covid’ strategy, I understand this preventive decision as the healthcare system is already way overloaded even before covid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom