Honeypot: Complaints about the Skyliner/Gondola; also worries and insecurities

FettFan

In another attempt to keep the original gondola thread focused on construction upates, I thought I'd create a separate thread for folks to use to complain about aspects of the gondola that the moderators have requested that we keep out of the main thread. In addition, people should feel free to create additional complaints or talk about their anxieties here as well.

I'll keep an index here in the first post.

Complaints that have only been rationalized, but not eliminated:
* Lack of air conditioning
* Ugly towers
* Sightlines
* Crowding due to forced sharing
* Acrophobia - It may not be that far off the ground, but if it's still a problem, you may have to use alternate transportation. There may or may not be a direct bus from your resort, but you can always transfer at Disney Springs or another park.

Complaints that have been addressed:
* Lightning
* Noise

Vanishingly low probability complaints:
* Drowning
* Falling due to truck hitting a support pole
* Falling for unspecified reasons

Fun complaints created in jest:
* Sinkholes
* Alligators
* Amoeba
* Gondola babies - I put this here because I'm not exactly sure what the complaint aspect is.
* Starvation
* Killer bees 🔗
* Low flying birds 🔗

Other
* Too many people are overly fascinated by the gondola 🔗

Edited to add: As part of this, those offended by the complaining should not read the thread. The whole point is to free you from having to read this in the main gondola thread!

Edited to add: If you're mad about the negativity and don't know what a honeypot is, read this article on honeypots in wikipedia:

Funny. I always thought a "honeypot" was an attractive young woman who targeted older men for money.
AKA "sugar baby". AKA "thot".

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
It is a crime in the entire USA; therefore a crime in all 50 states and yes, of course inside Florida too. People still don't get it and I suspect never will understand.
images(22).jpg

nickys

Premium Member
We've only just begun... to die!
  • Claustrophobia
  • Having to share a gondola with... strangers!!
  • Evacuation procedures
    • will break down as often as Test Track, with all three back up systems failing
    • will be left there for hours and hours dehydrating and resorting to cannibalism
    • the firefighter rescuing me might not be cute
  • It's taking away our buses!!
  • Sights of backstage areas
  • Ruining the sightline of World Showcase.
  • Bringing more people (riffraff) to the IG entrance which is supposed to be a perk for the one percent that stays at Crescent Lake properties
  • The deafening noise
    • keeping CBR guests awake
    • the IG entrance will be unbearable to hang around in
    • the towers will hum in the wind
  • The IP wraps destroys the look of the gondolas and are childish
  • My favorite IP is not a wrap
  • Wild swinging
    • in the wind
    • when ramping up or down at the stations
    • fellow guests making it swing
    • and the swinging is bad because... ?... ?... being battered about inside the cabin?
  • the walkway under the gondolas by the station is too close and the gondolas too low... someone will hit their head on them
  • people throwing stuff out the gondola (after they bypass the metal mesh screen)
  • People can't board them in a timely manner if they:
    • have a stroller
    • are on a wheel chair
    • are on an ECV
    • are an average guest who's too confused to enter through an open door

What about the gators?

Lightning strikes.

And buses hitting the towers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom