Honeypot: Complaints about the Skyliner/Gondola; also worries and insecurities

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Have you read the original gondola thread? Someone even complained that they wouldn't ride because they were afraid of STARVING TO DEATH. (I'm hoping they were kidding, but it was hard to tell.)

There was also someone complaining that the gondola cars don't blend in seamlessly with the sky.

This thread is so people can let loose. @Lensman is good people. ;)

Mostly not valid. I feel like cannibalism would set in after 3-4 hours and it would be easy to roast meat in the hot boxes.

They will try some Gondola Cabins without walls, floors, or ceilings so that the blending in with the sky will work perfectly.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Mostly not valid. I feel like cannibalism would set in after 3-4 hours and it would be easy to roast meat in the hot boxes.

They will try some Gondola Cabins without walls, floors, or ceilings so that the blending in with the sky will work perfectly.
I'm game for trying that second option. As long as I get extra Fastpasses.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I forgot to mention that I think you'll be stripped and body painted a color that corresponds to how the sky should look during the temporal mid point of your journey. Very important detail since the sky changes quickly at sunrise or sunset.
Still game. But better also include a sky coloured cupcake.

QuasiNoFroyo

Absence of some certain movies and franchises on these gondolas (Alice in Wonderland, Jungle Book, Aladdin, Lion King, Hunchback, Hercules, Tangled, Big Hero 6, Bug's Life, Incredibles, Inside Out, etc.). But that's more of a nitpick really.

Brad Bishop

I would prefer to use the Gondolas to get around INSIDE the parks.......Man getting from one end of MK to the other is a pain......Even taking the train:)
HS is going to need something like this very soon.

I've often thought about how great the Peoplemover, actually used for transportation with multiple stations inside the parks, would be.

Imagine boarding it just past SSE in FW and then taking it all the way back to the America Pavilion.. Or when you need to get something out of your locker but you're at the back of the park.

Transportation is pretty common at most parks and they'll use trains or sky rides to get you around. MK only has the train (of course, at one time had the sky ride) and Epcot, DHS, and AK are all surprisingly absent of that basic theme park item.

KBLovedDisney

This sounds like a zipline. Which would be cool and fart-friendly.
Nice and all until you are in the middle of flying past Tower of Terror with KatieBug on the other end staring you down menacingly with a pair of hedge clippers wide open on the line because her little princess didn't get to meet Rapunzel on her zipline escapade.

Sam will do nothing. Don't even ask.

mergatroid

Do we Get The Annual pass discount on food in The sykliner

Well one would certainly hope so! When you're been skinned alive and having your still beating heart ripped from your chest, it's a relief to know you saved 40c on your 10 french fries you've just purchased and digested as your final ever meal :cool:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
We've only just begun... to die!
  • Claustrophobia
  • Having to share a gondola with... strangers!!
  • Evacuation procedures
    • will break down as often as Test Track, with all three back up systems failing
    • will be left there for hours and hours dehydrating and resorting to cannibalism
    • the firefighter rescuing me might not be cute
  • It's taking away our buses!!
  • Sights of backstage areas
  • Ruining the sightline of World Showcase.
  • Bringing more people (riffraff) to the IG entrance which is supposed to be a perk for the one percent that stays at Crescent Lake properties
  • The deafening noise
    • keeping CBR guests awake
    • the IG entrance will be unbearable to hang around in
    • the towers will hum in the wind
  • The IP wraps destroys the look of the gondolas and are childish
  • My favorite IP is not a wrap
  • Wild swinging
    • in the wind
    • when ramping up or down at the stations
    • fellow guests making it swing
    • and the swinging is bad because... ?... ?... being battered about inside the cabin?
  • the walkway under the gondolas by the station is too close and the gondolas too low... someone will hit their head on them
  • people throwing stuff out the gondola (after they bypass the metal mesh screen)
  • People can't board them in a timely manner if they:
    • have a stroller
    • are on a wheel chair
    • are on an ECV
    • are an average guest who's too confused to enter through an open door

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom