Honeymooners - Do you tell them that when you check in?

TikiBeckie

Original Poster
It seems kind of weird to tell the Resort CM "Hey guess what! It's our honeymoon!!!" How do you let them know without sounding like you want free things?

wdwhoneymooner

We informed the person who took our reservations that it was our honeymoon and this information was passed along to the check-in desk. We were upgraded when we arrived and was given a honeymoon basket without mentioning anything to the CM @ the desk. We also purchased the Wedding Ears that many newly weds like to wear and were congratulated by CMs during our stay. In fact, we received free desserts too when we dined. Too bad we only married once............:lookaroun

durangojim

As a rule, you should tell just about anyone you come in contact with that it's your hneymoon, this includes the flight attendants, waiters, hotel concierge, etc. We did this on our honeymoon to hawaii and were amazed at the amount of free perks (champagne, deserts, room upgrades) we received. Congrats!

katie1335

here's a tip take it

well just greet them then in the middle of the conversation say well we are so exited because we are going on our hoonymoon then your questoin is asked your welcome:wave: and have a nice honnymoon by the way

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Yes, tell them its your honeymoone. Dont rely just on the wedding ears because they sell them to anyone who wants to buy them. I was somewhat disturbed at the number of teenage "couples" obviously too young to be married wearing them. In my opinion, this tends to detract from the actual honeymooners.

My wife and I honeymooned at WDW and received a number of perks. Most common was fastpass status.

jjgoo

Congratulations!

My soon-to-be wife and I are going for our honeymoon on the 23rd. When you check in just ask the CM where you can get the bride and groom ears because it is your honeymoon. That's a real easy way to say it without actually announcing it is your honeymoon.

I actually had the same question and have looked around the boards. Basically eveyone has said do not be afraid to tell people it is your honeymoon. People will want to celebrate with you and congratulate you.

Definitely go and get the bride and groom ears. Also, I have read that in MK you can get a pin (like the name tags) that says you are celebrating. People say that these things really do help. You may not necessarily get an upgrade or anything free, but people will go out of their way to wish you well.

Have a great time!:sohappy:

MM Princess

I actually had the same question and have looked around the boards. Basically eveyone has said do not be afraid to tell people it is your honeymoon. People will want to celebrate with you and congratulate you.

Exactly... Cast Members love any reason to do something special!

Also, I have read that in MK you can get a pin (like the name tags) that says you are celebrating. People say that these things really do help. You may not necessarily get an upgrade or anything free, but people will go out of their way to wish you well.

It's a button, like the birthday buttons. You can get it at any Guest Relations location, and some concierge's. The buttons have just been redesigned for the Year of a Million Dreams and feature Cinderella and Prince Charming on the steps of the castle. Too cute! They also have cute red Mickey and Minnie buttons for Anniversaries.

slappy magoo

The CM who checks you in will ask you some poilte questions-how was your flight, is this the first time at the resort, your first time in WDW, and it's usually pretty easy to incorporate your honeymoon into that conversation.

natalia1681

Just tell them you can't wait to get to your room because you're on your honeymoon-wink, wink:lookaroun
But that may be too much to share:lol:

We told Disney when we made the reservations that we were going to be there on our honeymoon.. We told the receptionist when we arrived at the resort as well and later that day we recieve ballons and an autographed Mickey and Minnie picture. I agree that you should tell everyone that you can.. You never know what might happen..

tony&mistyw

All Good Advice

Hey, this is all great information. I was wondering some of the same things, my fiance and i are going down next october 07' for our honeymoon, I have been several times before but this is her first time at WDW, we are both very excited.:sohappy:

InstImpres

If you are using a TA they will put it on the ressie for you. I know our agency does that and send the couple mouse ears for a little extra magic. I also agree about going to guest relations for the buttons.

Enjoy

H20Babie

I also honeymooned at WDW. We had a week in the world and a week on St. Pete's Beach. When we booked, we told our TA to note that it was our honeymoon on all our files. When we arrived in Orlando, our midsize car rental was upgraded to a convertable no charge. When we arrived in our Disney room, there was a gift basket filled with wine, crackers, and chocolates. Mousekeeping put our "just married" disney ears on diplay in our window along with a "just married" banner. We had booked the Polynesian Luau and were called up on stage and given a "just married" commerative certificate and photo, also no charge. On our last day, a disney snowglobe of Cinderella castle was left in our room with a congratulatory note and played our wedding song (So This is Love).

It was a fairy tale time and we were treated like royalty.

GTIDMB

My wife got us bride and groom shirts that we wore for our flight, check-in, etc. We also later purchased the bride and groom ears. People are really very nice when they see that you are on your honeymoon. Cast members pay special attention to you, but so do other park guests. Several people offered to take our picture for us, and others just offered their congratulations. We got a phone message from Mickey and Minnie, as well as a card. We also were given a "castle view" room at the Polynesian. I'm not sure if that was because we were honeymooning or just lucky. And when we were on the Disney cruise, they gave us a cake and sang "Happy Honeymoon" for us at dinner one night. Disney certainly knows how to make you feel special, so don't be afraid to make it known. Be proud!

silverboyd

everyon'es stories are exciting. My fiance and I just booked our WDW part of the honeymoon. We will be staying at Coronado Springs Resort. I have been there twice and my soon-to-be-wife has never stayed there. I hope we get some perks too...
:hammer:

We honeymooned at WDW too. We stayed at the Dolphin. We had that were denim and had really small writing that said "bride" and "groom" (DH didn't want to wear his, but he did). When we cheched into the Dolphin we received a free upgrade to concierge level (they had that back then). When we made our ADRs they asked if it was a special occasion. We had a wonderful time and have gone back on each anniversary (except for one year).

zeblentz

We were approached by the Hotel Mgr. who asked if we were honeymooners. Either they had a cam in our room or maybe because we didn't leave the room for two whole days. I'm not sure but he knocked on the door and asked us. We were treated to several nice gifts, a dinner and a limo ride to MK (I think they wanted to clean the room).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom