Honeymoon Trip, Recommended Dining?

GVentola

I think the San Angel Inn in Epcot's Mexican pavilion has a really romantic atmosphere--dining "outside" in the night with tables by a river where you can watch people ride a boat into the Gran Fiesta Tour ride (kinda like DL's Blue Bayou by the Pirates of the Caribbean ride). But I must warn you, many people find the food disappointing. It all depends what you value more--atmosphere or food. To me, even if I end up not liking what I chose for a meal, I may still enjoy the time spent at the restaurant for the atmosphere and the service.

I dined at the Carnation Cafe back in the nineties, and remember little about it, and I don't recall ever eating at Storytellers Cafe, so I'm not sure what restaurants in Disney World are counterparts to them. I think maybe the Plaza Restaurant at the end of Main Street? That's a casual table service restaurant featuring lots of different sandwiches.

Upvote 0

Demeter Tess

California Grill is a MUST. They made us feel very special on our honeymoon (sat us in a quiet corner by ourselves, brought out a personalized dessert), and nothing beats a rooftop view of the fireworks. We also had an early morning brunch at Crystal Palace that was incredibly magical (our server sprinkled "pixie dust" on our table & we received many congratulations from the staff).

- Lauren

Upvote 0

crxbrett

I can not recommend Jiko enough. It's very quiet, the decor is quite nice and the menu is definitely special and worth it. It's definitely a nice location for a romantic evening dinner and I would say it's a great place to dine at on a special honeymoon vacation.

CA Grill, as others have also said, is definitely one of the best romantic spots in all of WDW. I also enjoy San Angel Inn dinners with my gal for relaxing dinners.

Upvote 0

crxbrett

Thank you all so much for the recommendations. These sound like a lot of fun and I will definitely go for all the restaurants you both mentioned here.

How is the Primetime Café and SciFi Diner?

I went to the SciFi last year for the very first time and actually enjoyed it a lot. I was not expecting much, but I thought it was a lot of fun and the food was better than what I had heard. The theming is really cool! Haven't had Primetime since the mid-'90s, so the food is more than likely very different now, but it was fun from what I remember!

Upvote 0

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The best locations for food and atmosphere for me are:

V&As (get a loan)
Jiko
Citricos
Monsieur Paul
Artist Point

there are others that supply a little of both:

I recommend the wine bar at Italy
Brown Derby
Coral reef can be nice...hit or miss

Upvote 0

mmelka

My wife and I also went to WDW for our honeymoon. We did California Grill and loved it! Some other thoughts might be do the evening Wild Africa Trek, which only includes the private safari and dinner instead of the walking over hippos/crocodiles. My wife and I love Yak & Yeti, we've gone every time since our first visit when we just wanted a break from midday and loved it. We always do the sushi nachos!

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Relaxing and quiet? Not many of those that aren't signature level. Some of the options at the resorts aren't bad, but most restaurants on property are fairly busy and noisy.
V&A is probably the best meal I've ever had, and it's a very romantic location, just pretty pricey. No kids allowed, and formal wear required.
Jiko's, Tiffin's and Artist Point are also great meals and quieter.
Several of the Disney Springs locations IE Morimoto, Homecoming, Boathouse are all good, perhaps a bit noisier.

Upvote 0

correcaminos

Thank you all so much for the recommendations. These sound like a lot of fun and I will definitely go for all the restaurants you both mentioned here.

How is the Primetime Café and SciFi Diner?
Absolutely the opposite of relaxing and quiet for both. Food is okay at Primetime, and not so great at SciFi in my opinion.

One that I didn't see mentioned yet that is really good, very relaxing and a must do for us now is Spice Road Table. We have always had a great meal and it's never really loud or busy. Love it there.

Upvote 0

Bartledvd

Turf club at Saratoga springs quiet nice view and a covered patio, Best part is after a lovely dinner you can walk or take the boat over to Disney springs grab a drink or one of the many amazing treats watch the entertainment have a great end to a beautiful evening.

Upvote 0

DisneyFreak

One that I didn't see mentioned yet that is really good, very relaxing and a must do for us now is Spice Road Table. We have always had a great meal and it's never really loud or busy. Love it there.

Another vote here for Spice Road Table. Whether you get a table by the window looking out over the lagoon or a cozy booth, the food and drink are great. We've never had a bad experience here. Most of the menu items are small plates which is great for sharing and a great way to try many different items.

Upvote 0

lostpro9het

Jiko
Yachtsman
Artist Point
California Grill

All of the above offer excellent dining experiences that are unique. The only caveat i have is CG can get very loud. The acoustics in the restaurant can really magnify all the conversations BUT the service, views, and food are pretty farn good. I think Jiko amd Yachtsman probably offer the quietest experience on my list.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom