Honeymoon Question

MPitzen

Original Poster
We're getting married in September and staying at AKL for our honeymoon. I was wondering if there is anything special that Disney would do; like a way to have the room decorated when we get there or something.

Any other suggestions on what I could do to make his honeymoon as magical as mine would be great too. He's only been once before, when he proposed to me. I'm still trying to figure out how to get him to see my favorite place like I do.

Thanks!
-Mary Jo

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
If you are staying on a concierge level, then get with the concierge at the resort. My wife and I honeymooned at Wilderness Lodge and they did alot of the footwork for us. Like rose petals everywhere, etc. You can also check with the on property florist who can deliver flowers, etc.

Turcicus

Be sure to go to guest services at one of the parks (or check with the front desk at AKL) to get a special button for you and the hubby. My wife and I honeymooned there, got the buttons, and were treated exceptionally well w/o having to constantly tell people we were on our honeymoon - they could just read the button! A couple of things the buttons got us - a free champagne toast at the Brown Derby, courtesy of our waiter; and an announced entrance to the waiting area at the Living Seas!

Teenchy

If you have the $$ to use them go to the link below. I have used them several times for different things including decorating our suite this past December when we were married at WDW. Early congratulation and best wishes.

www.giftsofalifetime.com

MPitzen

Original Poster
Thanks for all of the info. If you don't mind me asking about how much did it cost to have your room decorated, and what all did they do to decorate the room?

-Mary Jo

Teenchy

Thanks for all of the info. If you don't mind me asking about how much did it cost to have your room decorated, and what all did they do to decorate the room?

-Mary Jo

I have had a room decorated twice by www.giftsofalifetime.com Both with a romantic theme. One was more fun romantic and for wedding night more elegant romantic.
For our wedding night they put rose petals from the door all the way into the bedroom and all over the bed. They strung white lights around the head board. They had about a 4' tall white sparkly heart palm tree looking thing (best description I can give) a vase of roses, glass Mickey champagne flutes with a bottle of Champagne in a Mickey ice bucket. On top of the MIckey flutes were the Mickey bride veil & groom hat Xmas tree ornaments. There was also this cool mini lamp that was on the bedside end table that had a neat low light glow. And little bride/groom confetti on the table with the champagne,etc. I'm probably forgetting something, if I was at home I would post some pictures.

I think the cost was about $350, But they can tailor things to your needs and budget, contact Jane and she can give you a quote. If you want a similar package you are welcome to mention that you heard about my package, she did our V.P. Suite room at the Contemporary on 12/16. (Phillip Nixon)

Welcome to read my full wedding report link below in my signature.

disneynut_la

Please do yourselves a favor and purchase the Honeymoon Ears Hat and Veil. The wife and I did and it was awsome. Rode SM 4 times back to back and then gave us fastpasses with no expiration or time. Then we got our own log with no wait time for Splash, Champange toast at numerous restaraunts, and many congrats. It was really special. The most special was being at MK at the opening and we got to ride the train to the station for the opening. Good Luck

Dagger

Be sure to go to guest services at one of the parks (or check with the front desk at AKL) to get a special button for you and the hubby. My wife and I honeymooned there, got the buttons, and were treated exceptionally well w/o having to constantly tell people we were on our honeymoon - they could just read the button! A couple of things the buttons got us - a free champagne toast at the Brown Derby, courtesy of our waiter; and an announced entrance to the waiting area at the Living Seas!

We had fun too but we didn't really get any perks... it probably had to do with that we have a child together already though and she was with us, so it wasn't exactly a real romantic vacation. That said, I did get to jump on a ride after they were already full, and we got a little commemoration paper... that's it :cool:

Oh, also.... Here was our thank you card pic for our wedding guests. I got the idea from brides and grooms who go to beaches and write thank you in the sand and take a pic... I printed the paper at home and brought them, along with the hats. There were a bunch of foreign tourists pointing, laughing and taking our pics lol.. nice crane huh?

untitledhsfhsf-1.jpg

shanz1025

We are staying at the WL for our honeymoon as well, in May. What romantic things are the concierge willing to do to make it extra special? This is my second time to DW but my soon to be hubbys first and I want to make it extra incredible for him. Thanks

sweetale

Congrats on the wedding!!:wave: I am leaving in FOUR DAYS :D for my honeymoon with my wonderful DH. As a surprise I called up Disney Florist (www.disneyflorist.com) and had them arrange a wine/cheese/snack gift basket to be in the room when we check in. They are very accommodating and their prices are reasonable.

Relax and enjoy yourselves and I'm sure that it will be a wonderful and memorable vacation!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom