Honeymoon ADRs: Opinions Welcomed

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
Here's what we're thinking for daily ADRs at 4.5 months out before our Disneymoon (we'll be on the DP). Food was one of the main reasons DF didn't totally turn me down when I said I'd like to go to WDW for our Honeymoon, so I want to give him a nice selection. Let me know what you think, if you'd change anything and how you'd substitute.

• Sunday (Arrival day) - Le Cellier @ 6:30pm
  • Monday - Sci Fi @ 5:30pm
  • Tuesday - Kona Cafe @ 7:15pm
  • Wednesday - Yak & Yeti @ 4:15pm
  • Thursday - Tutto Italia @ 4:30pm
  • Friday (Departure Day) - Kona Cafe @ 10:30am
(We're considering giving up Sci Fi and Kona on Tuesday for Narcoossee's Tuesday evening after MK closes.)

:wave:

cdunbar

Here's what we're thinking for daily ADRs at 4.5 months out before our Disneymoon (we'll be on the DP). Food was one of the main reasons DF didn't totally turn me down when I said I'd like to go to WDW for our Honeymoon, so I want to give him a nice selection. Let me know what you think, if you'd change anything and how you'd substitute.

(We're considering giving up Sci Fi and Kona on Tuesday for Narcoossee's Tuesday evening after MK closes.)

Looks good lovie! :wave:

Computer Magic

These are very good choices. We did Italy on our Honeymoon, of course in 95 there it wasn't named Tutto.

I would like to fit in Yatchman's. The best steak place in town. However it is a two which means you would have to give up two. So maybe suggest it to him for your next Disney trip :cool:

yankspy

I would trade Sci Fi for Prime Time and I would trade Kona for Narcoossees as well. I would also do France instead of Italy. Either way, I am sure you will have fun.

zurgandfriend

These are very good choices. We did Italy on our Honeymoon, of course in 95 there it wasn't named Tutto.

I would like to fit in Yatchman's. The best steak place in town. However it is a two which means you would have to give up two. So maybe suggest it to him for your next Disney trip :cool:

We did Italy on our honeymoon in 95 and hated it! Went back in 07 and loved it.

I agree yachtsman is very good I would rate it over Le cellier. just my opinion. Loved the Kona.

Enjoy, have a great honeymoon and a happy life together.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Since I'm in charge of doing all the Honeymoon planning, I want to make it a great trip. Your input really helps. :eek: :D

I'd 2nd the opinion to skip the Sci-Fi. The restaurant itself was cool, the food was mediocre. You could always catch the boat out of HS and go over to Epcot and eat in France or Canada. But then again, Le Cellier is one of my favorites.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Although I love the themeing of Sci Fi and am a huge Sci Fi buff, if he is not, he may not like as the food is not as good as other places. If you are going for food quality at the studios, the Brown Derby is definately the place to go, but not sure if its a 2 credit place or not....

If you all like Japanese, I recomend Tepan Edo. The food is great and its entertaining as well.

Have a blast!

Computer Magic

Although I love the themeing of Sci Fi and am a huge Sci Fi buff, if he is not, he may not like as the food is not as good as other places. If you are going for food quality at the studios, the Brown Derby is definately the place to go, but not sure if its a 2 credit place or not....

If you all like Japanese, I recomend Tepan Edo. The food is great and its entertaining as well.

Have a blast!
Brown Derby is two credits which makes it not worth visting. There are better places to spend two credits.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
All of the restaurants I've put in my ADRs, I've never been to... Since I've been to WDW countless times and he's not been in over a decade, I picked places I thought we'd both like to try for the first time.

The worst part? He doesn't like Japanese food!? I LOVE white sauce, but he's not a fan at all. :(

cdunbar

All of the restaurants I've put in my ADRs, I've never been to... Since I've been to WDW countless times and he's not been in over a decade, I picked places I thought we'd both like to try for the first time.

The worst part? He doesn't like Japanese food!? I LOVE white sauce, but he's not a fan at all. :(
You can't marry him, plain and simple....:lookaroun

harveyt0206

Congratulations not only on your upcoming wedding but especially for your Disneymoon!!! Sounds like so much fun. I am the type that thinks eating anywhere at Disney is awesome because, well, simply because I am at Disney. :)

MagicMegan

I'm not a huge fan of Sci-Fi... I would drop it if I were you.
Le Cellier and Yak & Yeti are my favorite places to eat.

MagicMegan

Also, about Teppen Edo. My BIL hates Japanese food, but loved th food there. It's not normal Japanese really... they make it right in front of you, and he ordered steak and got the lo mein and veggies with it. He didn't eat much of the sides, but loved the steak.

Computer Magic

I think its cool you two are will be experiencing restaurants you both have never ate at. It will make it more special.

Oh if the food isn't up to PAR, he can't blame you for eating there before...smart move..

DizneyPryncess

Kona Cafe is consistently my favorite restaurant. I've never had a bad meal, or bad service there. The prices are good, and the environment of the Poly is fantastic!

Sci-Fi is a lot of fun, another one I like. And my husband & I both really like Tutto Italia. We recommended it to his parents & extended family last month and they raved about it! The only place I like better in the World Showcase is Teppan Edo. My favorite restaurant in Epcot however is The Garden Grille in the Land Pavilion. All of your choices are great though! :)

popsicletrees

First off, congratulations! It seems like a lot of members have upcoming weddings, myself included. I took my fiance on his first trip this past January. We went to Narcoossee's, which was a first for all of us. We loved it! He said that it was the best meal he's ever had. The atmosphere was great too, and we had a wonderful view of the fireworks. I would highly suggest it.

Where is Narcosses located? I've heard alot about it, and can't get to it from work. Does it take DDP? 1 or 2 credits?

My other suggestion for restaurants is the Grand Floridian Cafe' for dinner. The food is outstanding, and has a rather large menu, and excellent desserts. It was an emergency TS last year when members of my party got sick, and was suggested by the dining # CMs. It's now a stop every visit to WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom