Honey I Shrunk the Kids

HoneyBee1991

Original Poster
I'm sure this is the most unpopular opinion ever but I am sad the "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" stuff is gone. I know it was probably considered outdated with most kids/teens today having never seen the movie. I know Star Wars is super popular and going to continue to make Disney oddles and boddles of money. But I'm one of those "crazy" people who just cannot get into the Star Wars universe. The funny thing being I'm obsessed with alien movies.

But it was one of the main things I remember from the two trips my mom took us on to Disney World as a kid. I also missed seeing it one last time (as an adult) by a few months. So it still burns a little.

That's it, mini rant over.

Anyone else out there fell the same? Or am I in this boat alone?

Driver

I'm sure this is the most unpopular opinion ever but I am sad the "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" stuff is gone. I know it was probably considered outdated with most kids/teens today having never seen the movie. I know Star Wars is super popular and going to continue to make Disney oddles and boddles of money. But I'm one of those "crazy" people who just cannot get into the Star Wars universe. The funny thing being I'm obsessed with alien movies.

But it was one of the main things I remember from the two trips my mom took us on to Disney World as a kid. I also missed seeing it one last time (as an adult) by a few months. So it still burns a little.

That's it, mini rant over.

Anyone else out there fell the same? Or am I in this boat alone?
I feel your pain, I'm not a Star Wars fan at all, just can't seem to get into it. And I do like alien sifi myself. On the other hand my wife is completely opposite she loves Star Wars and that's it! Although Honey I Shrunk the kids was hokey I still enjoyed it. Maybe I'm just easy to amuse LOL

KBLovedDisney

We tried to get into Star Wars. In fact, I just recently saw the originals and somewhat liked them. However, after they rebooted it with the Force Awakens, my husband and I for some reason just lost complete interest of Star Wars.

At this point, I could care less about the Star Wars franchise. (yes, I'm probably a heathen for saying that)

I do very much miss Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground and the Audience. Those were both really cool.

And X-S Tech!!

BraveGirl

I agree. I'm not into Star Wars at ALL (I've really, really tried). I loved Honey I Shrunk the Audience and my kids loved the playground, even before they had ever seen the movie. What's not to love about a playground that makes you feel like you are a tiny ant?!?! I'm just glad they got to play in it before it was gone - my 7 year old still talks about it and how much she misses it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom