Honey, I Shrunk The Kids reboot coming

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster

Slash Film has confirmed that the 1989 Disney family comedy Honey, I Shrunk The Kids, which spawned two lesser known sequels, will be getting a reboot in the near future. Josh Gad is set to star in the film as Nick Szalinski, the now fully grown son of inventor Wayne Szalinski. While classed as a reboot, thus possibly ignoring the two 90s sequels, it will be set in the same universe as the original, set three decades afterwards.

The original film was released in June of 1989 and starred Rick Moranis as an inventor who accidentally shrinks his and his next door neighbor’s kids to a tiny size, forcing them to venture across their backyard to return home and fix their situation.

Whilst several live-action remakes have apparently been in the cards for some time for the upcoming Disney+ streaming service, Shrunk is evidently being planned for theatrical release.

NateD1226

I've been wondering when this would happen. The sad thing is there will be so much CG now, and the fun of the original was seeing the giant physical props.
Agreed! Disney doesn't even build real sets anymore. Just look at this photo from the Live Action Mulan coming out next year: Image result for mulan live action behind the scenes

Most of it is the green screen. I am hoping they stay true to the original and use real and exciting sets.

TP2000

Oh, so it's not really happening.

It's been cancelled twice now in the last three years. So he's asking Twitter to start a letter writing campaign? :oops:

That's a shame. I thought maybe they could use this franchise in the 3D theater for Disneyland's New New New Tomorrowland reboot for 2027.

I mean, if it was good enough for Paul Pressler...

Cmdr_Crimson

Would have been nice just to even bring back HiSTA to promote it and bring it back to Epcot rather than the snooze fest of a Disney+ short show..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom