• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Honey I Shrunk The Audience...Could it Return?

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
With the news recently of Rick Moranis returning to the HISTK franchise
Would it make sense to bring Honey I shrunk The Audience back to the Magic Eye Theater for the time being? I think it makes sense since he is still prominently in the inventor of the year hallway..

Last edited:

Surferboy567

Advertisement
I’ve always loved the “honey I shrunk” franchise. So I wouldn’t mind seeing it come back. I however despise the in-theater effects when they seats have the crawling effect and is a reason I wouldn’t watch this show or it’s tough to be a bug.

Last edited:

danyoung56

I however despise the in-theater effects when they seats have the crawling effect and is a reason I wouldn’t watch this show or it’s tough to be a bug.
As far as I remember, there was no crawling seat effect in HISTA. Of course, the bugs under the bum is a big feature of Bug.

FettFan

As much as I love the thought of Rick Moranis coming out of retirement to revive the 'Honey' series....

I'm going to come out and say it. I've had enough of Josh Gad. I really don't want him to be the new Nick Szalinski.
He was hilarious in Book of Mormon, fine in Frozen, but that's about all the range he's got.

Every movie he's in, he plays the exact same character: awkward nerd with a heart of gold.

He's essentially Kevin James for Generation Z.

Surferboy567

As much as I love the thought of Rick Moranis coming out of retirement to revive the 'Honey' series....

I'm going to come out and say it. I've had enough of Josh Gad. I really don't want him to be the new Nick Szalinski.
He was hilarious in Book of Mormon, fine in Frozen, but that's about all the range he's got.

Every movie he's in, he plays the exact same character: awkward nerd with a heart of gold.

He's essentially Kevin James for Generation Z.
Nick though is a nerd with a heart of gold...

The Real Buzz Lightyear

With the news recently of Rick Moranis returning to the HISTK franchise
Would it make sense to bring Honey I shrunk The Audience back to the Magic Eye Theater for the time being? I think it makes sense since he is still prominently in the inventor of the year hallway..
YES!!! Why not make a new show based off the new movie with updated effects. Maybe add some AA's like Muppet Vision and Philarmagic.

The Real Buzz Lightyear

I remember loving the playground and the show. I’d rather have it return in some format than tired Pixar shorts or the utterly awful (and now probably way too controversial) Captain EO.

Can I just keep wishing for an Imagination ride revamp and a film that features Figment?
I wonder if Disney could remodel the entire pavilion to be based around Honey I Shrunk the kids franchise and Figment?

Top Bottom