Home resort booking

Eeyorenot74

Original Poster
When booking 11 months out...if you wanted to stay 10 days, you would 1st make the initial 7 day reservation. How do the other days get booked? Is it correct that you wouldn't have to add one day at a time but could wait a few days to book the rest since one room would not be bookable by others and the 11 month window would not be open yet? Wait. Also seeing now that room could be "stolen" if it was part of someone's lock off booking happening at the same time frame. So think I already answered the question.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
When booking 11 months out...if you wanted to stay 10 days, you would 1st make the initial 7 day reservation. How do the other days get booked? Is it correct that you wouldn't have to add one day at a time but could wait a few days to book the rest since one room would not be bookable by others and the 11 month window would not be open yet? Wait. Also seeing now that room could be "stolen" if it was part of someone's lock off booking happening at the same time frame. So think I already answered the question.
If you are booking at the 11 month mark, yes, you do the initial 7, then add a day each day to get to 10. Unless you are booking AKL Concierge studios, it is highly unlikely that anyone can steal your other days. The resorts don't fill up that quickly.

correcaminos

Modify your reservation every day and you'll be fine. Some studios like CCV are getting harder to book so depending on size and location I'd just go online and add the day.

Nottamus

We have done 14 day trips...booked the first 7 days, then called every day to add one more day. Now, its easier then it used to be to just adjust online every day at 8am.

Eeyorenot74

Original Poster
Walkers. They may be contagious if you spend too much time around them. Been a member for a few years at AKL and generally get desired rooms by being flexible on dates plus wanting to experience other resorts. This year was 1st time we could plan a year out; we were aiming for a 1 bedroom value but couldn't even get in at 11 months as rooms were gone even before our window. Fortunately, we ended up getting exactly what we wanted but had to watch room availability disappear and then reappear day by day all through our planned stay. Figuring there are some people very determined to walk a few weeks for food and wine.

Phonedave

Walkers. They may be contagious if you spend too much time around them. Been a member for a few years at AKL and generally get desired rooms by being flexible on dates plus wanting to experience other resorts. This year was 1st time we could plan a year out; we were aiming for a 1 bedroom value but couldn't even get in at 11 months as rooms were gone even before our window. Fortunately, we ended up getting exactly what we wanted but had to watch room availability disappear and then reappear day by day all through our planned stay. Figuring there are some people very determined to walk a few weeks for food and wine.

In my opinion it is too much of a bother. Netween work, life, and the occasional desire to sleep in, the idea of walking in a reservation for weeks on end does not appeal to me. There are, however, a load of people of do so.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom