Home movie of the 1964 World's Fair

lilclerk

Original Poster
I hadn't seen this before and thought I'd share. There isn't a whole lot of Disney in here, but this footage shows a lot of what was offered at the fair. it's a small world shows up at about 6:00, and you can briefly see the Carousel of Progress building at 9:20.

This one isn't "home movie" footage, but a promo for the Magic Skyway. It's nice since we don't have this one anymore, other than the scene in the Disneyland railroad. There's some great scenes in here of the fair as well, though.

The Mom

Premium Member
Thank you. I went with my parents, and still have vague memories - I was 13. My husband said he was also there, but we never met. ;)

lilclerk

Original Poster
Thank you. I went with my parents, and still have vague memories - I was 13. My husband said he was also there, but we never met. ;)
My mom is still bitter that her grandparents didn't bring her when they went. She was about 13 then, too =)

wiigirl

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

75.gif

graphite1326

I was 6 when I went. Remember CoP and small world. and I remember my parents buying me a hat with a feather in it and my name embroderd (spelling) on it.

righttrack

What's amazing to us New Yorkers is that the ruins of the World's Fair from 1964 are still there. You walk through them when parking at Citi Field to go to the US Tennis Center (US Open) and vice versa since both places share parking with this strange, planet of the apes kind of ending feeling place right there in the middle!

07map.xlarge1.jpg

parachute3.jpg

NYFLUunisphere_8003.jpg

Oddysey

That second video really makes me miss old Epcot. The attractions at the worlds fair were a more primative version of what Epcot was originally. Nevertheless, you can see the seeds being planted 18 years prior to its opening in 1982.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom