Trip Report Holy Smokes! Let's see how it goes?! *COMPLETED*

Hi Everyone! 🙋‍♀️

Welcome to my modest atempt in writing my very first Trip Report!

It all started when posting on a thread about the new smoking ban inside the parks, and someone (Hi @Lensman !) suggested that I could write about my experience during my next visit to WDW.

This Trip Report will NOT be just about smoking! Although I will be honest about my personal perspective about it during my visit.
(In no way am I endorsing or suggesting that it is advisable to smoke).

As I said before in this forum, I hope that in writing about our trip, not only will I share my little adventure with you, but also hopefuly, be distracted from smoking! 😁

So, if you would like to join me, thank you! I hope you find it at least a bit entertaining

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
Take this with a grain of salt, as I am not a smoker and never have been, but I'd say try to stay strong as you are walking by the smoking area. My mom smoked for decades and she was hospitalized once towards the end and of course she couldn't smoke in the hospital. So she had been there for several days, unable to smoke. She got out and said she really didn't feel like she needed or even wanted to smoke....so she lit one up to prove she didn't need it. Of course, that brought her right back to the addiction and cravings. I don't know how honest she was being about not wanting one, but the hospital was 60 miles from the town where she got the cigarette out...I think if she had been craving one really badly after days of not having one, she wouldn't have made it to the parking lot much less 60 miles, so I'm inclined to believe that she really didn't have the urge. So who knows, maybe by distracting yourself, it won't even be an issue if you can avoid that pavlovian trigger that makes you feel like you need one?
Thank tou for sharing your Mom's experience. I am taking every advice into consideration. I feel very supported here, and surprisingly, also by non-smokers like you! Thanks! 😌

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
Hi to All!

Our day at Epcot went great!
It even included an unexpected treat: lunch at Chefs de France!
Frank really surprised me this time! 😍
We loved it! The atmosphere was more relaxed than at dinner, but the food and service were still great.

We were beginning to feel nostalgic about our last day at Epcot (our favorite Disney Park), and this surprise couldn't have come at a better time!
20190504_143848.jpg
20190504_212404.jpg

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
While we were at the restaurant, it began to pour! We didn't pack our ponchos, so we were glad to be covered 😁 and by the time we finished, it cleared up and the sun came out in full force! 😅

The park felt really crowded today but we managed to enjoy ourselves.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
Tomorrow AK! Flight of Passage, here we come!
Also FP for Expedition Everest, or as many in this Forum call it: Home of the Disco Yeti 😉
Then we might visit Disney Springs.

I had no idea how much we have walked in the last few days!
Today while in Japan, I felt a lot of pain on one foot and it started to cramp! 😖 by the end of the day I was limping!
It did slow me a bit. I'm hoping that by tomorrow, I'll be fine

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
That drives me nuts, too....a party of two who come in and take the biggest table when there are smaller ones available, so then a family comes in and has nowhere to sit because the only table that can seat them all is taken by a couple who could have sat at literally any other table. My family recently went to dinner at a small diner...the place was almost empty because it was so early, so we went to the back to sit at one of the tables that will seat at least 4.....5 if you cram together. This guy walks in ALONE and sits at the other. There are several tables for 2-4 people and he takes up the largest table they have just for himself. How inconsiderate do you have to be to do
That drives me nuts, too....a party of two who come in and take the biggest table when there are smaller ones available, so then a family comes in and has nowhere to sit because the only table that can seat them all is taken by a couple who could have sat at literally any other table. My family recently went to dinner at a small diner...the place was almost empty because it was so early, so we went to the back to sit at one of the tables that will seat at least 4.....5 if you cram together. This guy walks in ALONE and sits at the other. There are several tables for 2-4 people and he takes up the largest table they have just for himself. How inconsiderate do you have to be to do that?
The word "entitled" comes to mind, what's wrong with some people?! :bored:

Songbird76

Thank tou for sharing your Mom's experience. I am taking every advice into consideration. I feel very supported here, and surprisingly, also by non-smokers like you! Thanks! 😌
It seems like it's going pretty well for you if you don't always feel the need to smoke until you pass one of the stations...good for you! My mom would never have gone back to Disney if they wouldn't let her smoke. I can imagine the new rule threw a lot of people for a loop, and you seem so positive like you are making the best of a difficult situation. I admire your outlook!

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
It seems like it's going pretty well for you if you don't always feel the need to smoke until you pass one of the stations...good for you! My mom would never have gone back to Disney if they wouldn't let her smoke. I can imagine the new rule threw a lot of people for a loop, and you seem so positive like you are making the best of a difficult situation. I admire your outlook!
Your Mom wouldn't have been alone in that position, I've chatted with a few people at the new smoking areas, and many stated that they're not coming back to WDW!

In my case, although I smoke regularly, I've been able to restrain a lot. There are times when I find it difficult, but not to the point of quitting Disney vacations.

Also, Frank doesn't smoke, so that would be unfair to him. It's his and all of your support, that is helping me through this personal challenge

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning!
Checking out today, right now enjoying our last cup of coffee at our patio.

The not so great news:
In the middle of the night got awaken by the mother of all cramps!!! My right calf, ouch!
It got hard as a stone and lasted for what felt like an eternity! 😫 I have a very high pain threshold, had maybe 3 cramps in my lifetime, and let me tell you, it still feels painful and sore.

So to all sporty people in here, how do you handle an intense muscular cramp? Thank you!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Good morning!

The not so great news:
In the middle of the night got awaken by the mother of all cramps!!! My right calf, ouch!
It got hard as a stone and lasted for what felt like an eternity! 😫 I have a very high pain threshold, had maybe 3 cramps in my lifetime, and let me tell you, it still feels painful and sore.

So to all sporty people in here, how do you handle an intense muscular cramp? Thank you!

Bananas help, as does DARK chocolate.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Really? If only all medicines, sounded as good, thank you!

Usually it’s due to a mineral imbalance (and walking as much as you did in the heat certainly doesn’t help). When I was pregnant the nurse in the delivery preparation class told us to eat a square of dark chocolate every day to combat against it. Read any running magazine, and they will also mention bananas. And yes, it is an awful way to be woken up!!

Pat Di

Good morning!

The not so great news:

Good morning!

The not so great news:

Ask your doctor about Voltaren gel. It is by prescription only in the USA, but is sold over the counter in other countries. I get leg cramps in he middle of the night sometimes and putting the gel on gives me immediate relief.

Disstevefan1

Afterwards, we literally left the "World" 😳 ! But not for long! We usually don't, but since we love Cracker Barrel, and all that southern comfort food, we gave it a go!
I mean, look at this breakfast! 😵😋
View attachment 368902View attachment 368903
We love Cracker Barrel. We also love the general store in the front! It has many unique items including the old candy we loved when we were kids!!

Tanna Eros

My doctor told me to stay away from carbonated beverages - bananas puts the potassium back in your system. Maybe try a Smart Water today (we way prefer that over a sports drink - but that might do the trick as well).
Smart water and bananas is what helps me with "Taco foot". I don't know why, I don't get cramps in my calves, but my feet- and it feels like my foot is trying to fold in half like a taco.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
Ask your doctor about Voltaren gel. It is by prescription only in the USA, but is sold over the counter in other countries. I get leg cramps in he middle of the night sometimes and putting the gel on gives me immediate relief.
Thank you!
I always travel with a little ziploc with some meds, and that's the one thing I didn't pack :rolleyes:
As I say, you know you're getting older when the first thing in your suitcase are your meds! 😄

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
My doctor told me to stay away from carbonated beverages - bananas puts the potassium back in your system. Maybe try a Smart Water today (we way prefer that over a sports drink - but that might do the trick as well).
Thanks for the advice!, will do!
My calve is still a bit hard and sore, so I'll make sure to stay hydrated

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom