Trip Report Holy Moly! 8 PEEPS and and alot of "come on!"

Just got back from eight days of World Magic, and wow, it was awesome. New Magic bands, the great PORS, FOOD, rides, and more. So let's start the party! Who? The in-laws :eek:
039.JPG
040.JPG

Great people, true italian. But lets have a tease of the resort.
069.JPG

mickey2008.1

Original Poster
We arrived on 9/11, one day that we will never forget. and in remembrance, it was great to see WDW honor this day with flags at half staff. With that in mind, there will be plenty of flags in this report. What a long day, up at 5AM, airport at 6AM, because this was the only free ride we could get from family members, so we sat at the airport until 8:45, longest time ever, and no free wifi, oHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Let me say, this was my first rip with a DSLR camera, so I practiced throughout the trip and pics get better, I assure you of that. So lets meet the cast.
032.JPG
035.JPG
028.JPG
036.JPG
029.JPG

Lexi, Sal ,Taylor, Nikki, and the Mrs. Joanna. I will be somewhere.

mickey2008.1

Original Poster
PORS for 8 days, what a beautiful resort. Got our customized magic bands, free drink cups, and great views. We had two rooms for a party of 8, me and the wife took the oldest and youngest girls, smart I am. We were close to a bus stop, never waited, and close to the lobby/food court. First day was long, but we headed to EPCOT for a few attractions and Tepan Edo hibachi style, chop chop, not so yum yum. Lets start with a few pics of the plane ride,resort and move on with some food!
050.JPG
042.JPG
046.JPG
043.JPG

mickey2008.1

Original Poster
Sorry for the doubles, trying to get organized. So here is Port Orleans Riverside and off to EPCOT
072.JPG

The Royal rooms were great! Except for the fact that the in-laws refrigerator didn't work, but no big deal, mine works, keep the beer cold please
075.JPG
079.JPG
080.JPG
083.JPG

mickey2008.1

Original Poster
This is day one, so the in-laws are off to a good start, walking good, but here starts the bathroom breaks, walk 50 feet, pee, sit down, walk 50 feet, pee, sit down. It was non-stop,maybe that is why I have over 3000 pictures, because we kept stopping for the bathroom! First up, SSE, of which took almost an hour, kept stopping, leaving me time to play with the camera, but also a headache from the audio of"please remain seated
, blahl blah blah"
103.JPG
105.JPG
114.JPG
116.JPG
119.JPG
122.JPG

mickey2008.1

Original Poster
194.JPG
196.JPG
200.JPG
Sorry for the double pics, new system and all. Waiting for my upload at photobucket, used to be so easy, now all this backup stuff, so all my pics so far are unedited. SOARIN! First time pics not so great. Not so much, off to dinner at Tepan Edo, with a little pics on the way,

Last edited:

mickey2008.1

Original Poster
Time for some hibachi, this place is ok, not great. We had a back room with only two tables, nice, the chef was blah, not a really good show as we saw at the other table, and the food was just ok. The rice was horrible. No one liked it, I think it was brown rice, horrible texture and no flavor what so ever. As for the meal, not as good as I remembered it. No miso soup, no salad with ginger dressing, no shrimp tossed in the air! No shrimp tossed in the air!. Oh well, it's only the first meal, but it is the first meal of the trip! Just glad to be here and not home.
205.JPG
206.JPG

209.JPG

210.JPG
211.JPG
212.JPG
213.JPG

216.JPG
222.JPG

Attachments

• 220.JPG
    220.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 16

mickey2008.1

Original Poster
Sake wine was really good, sweet, and of course a Kirin beer. Noodles were good, me and the wife split the steak and scallops, pretty good, everyone liked what they had, probably because we were just hungry, been up since 5AM.
225.JPG
227.JPG
228.JPG
229.JPG
230.JPG
232.JPG

mickey2008.1

Original Poster
My mother in law got green tea to drink, worst thing ever for everybody except me, its not sweet. I know this because I have been to japan and know what it is, but what a surprise foe everyone else. The deserts were ok, the ginger chocolate cake was the favorite followed by the green rea icecream, cheesecake was a flop. My father in law really wanted to see fireworks, so we waited around for illuminations, but un future world, so all we saw was a couple of air shots and no show. This was a long day, many bathroom breaks, like every ten minutes, followed by sitting down, not my usual style. While waiting for illuminations, we left the in laws on a bench and hit test track, fun, but kind of boring, all just a bunch of neon lights, not much of a story.

mickey2008.1

Original Poster
On to Test Track! And my boys crazy car design. That was fun, being able to design the car, and all with a FP. I just expected to pick one out and go. Take a look. This being my first time with a DSLR, i kept it hidden away for the ride, until later for a revisit after i got comfy holding it, but lets see what we have.
257.JPG
263.JPG
264.JPG
265.JPG
268.JPG
270.JPG
272.JPG
275.JPG
277.JPG
280.JPG

mickey2008.1

Original Poster
It has been a long day, let's get back to the room, have a beer, and got to bed. Off to DHS tomorrow, one of my favorites for TOT, Mama Melrose for dinner, and finally a return to Fantasmic, which was awesome! Getting back to PORS was easy, push the in-laws and get to the bus stop, "Come on, if we get to the stop before everyone else, you will get a seat!" Motivation at its best. Some of still wanted more, so a trip to the pool. Me, I'm tired, watch some disney resort tv and go to bed!
284.JPG
285.JPG
286.JPG
288.JPG
290.JPG
291.JPG
292.JPG

Attachments

• 293.JPG
    293.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 14

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom