Hollywood Studios Wait Times

DisneyGal1221

Original Poster
Planning a quick trip down to Disney next week to take advantage of the lower crowds. The waits are pretty moderate in all of the parks....except Hollywood Studios. In Animal Kingdom - Flights of Passage is 5 minutes and Everest is 15 minutes. Similar waits in the other parks. In Hollywood Studios, Tower of Terror is 90 minutes (down from 120) and the majority of the park is 30 minutes or more. Just wondering if there are truly that many people in Hollywood Studios (I know the problem of lack of attractions), or if something else is driving these wait times? Not a complaint, just wanting to know what to expect. Thanks!!

Dave B

Planning a quick trip down to Disney next week to take advantage of the lower crowds. The waits are pretty moderate in all of the parks....except Hollywood Studios. In Animal Kingdom - Flights of Passage is 5 minutes and Everest is 15 minutes. Similar waits in the other parks. In Hollywood Studios, Tower of Terror is 90 minutes (down from 120) and the majority of the park is 30 minutes or more. Just wondering if there are truly that many people in Hollywood Studios (I know the problem of lack of attractions), or if something else is driving these wait times? Not a complaint, just wanting to know what to expect. Thanks!!
I think its because there are only 5 rides operating

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
New high demand rides are making the Studios the place to be at the moment. Waits are still significantly less than you would have seen previously.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I think its because there are only 5 rides operating
A few more than 5. 😉

ToT
RNR
Slinky Dog
Saucers
Toy Story Mania
MMRR
Star Tours
M. Falcon
RotR
Plus ~
Muppets
One Man’s Dream
Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy
Disney Junior Dance Party

@DisneyGal1221 our longest wait last week was MMRR (30 min) and we still rode it 4 times. Most wait times were overinflated.

Dave B

A few more than 5. 😉

ToT
RNR
Slinky Dog
Saucers
Toy Story Mania
MMRR
Star Tours
M. Falcon
RotR
Plus ~
Muppets
One Man’s Dream

@DisneyGal1221 our longest wait last week was MMRR (30 min) and we still rode it 4 times. Most wait times were overinflated.
Thank you, I keep hearing MMRR is always down and I keep hearing that both Sar Wars rides are not always functioning, plus not many people are able to get onto Rise, if I am reading things right? I always forget about Star Tours, because I haven't had to wait in a line for that in years,

Definitely not rides, but I can see why you listed them:

Muppets
One Man’s Dream

DisneyGal1221

Original Poster
Thanks all! Just knowing what to expect will help. Will be interesting to see how much more bearable lines will be since they should always be moving due to lack of Fastpass.

Chef Mickey

Posted wait times are unreliable.

I was there 10 days and never waited more than 15 minutes for any ride, including Slinky, 7DMT, Mickey, etc.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Its a combination of a few things.

SDD, MMRR, MFSR, and ROTR are still very popular attractions.
You have a lot of people going early to try to get a boarding pass for ROTR and then if they dont' get the first round they stay until the second round.
During the time they are waiting for that second round they are going on the few other things they are interested in.
Lets face it some people aren't interested in Lightning McQueen and One Man's Dream so instead they are flocking to TOT and RNRC.
They are also cleaning attractions every 2 hours which takes time.
I'd say if you don't care about ROTR then you can go a bit later in the day and find lower lines for other attractions.
Plus there seems to be very limited dining options open at HS right now so people start clearing out when they are hungry.
Besides most of the wait times are a bit inflated so I suspect if something says 80 minutes it more like 40.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Average wait times for the month...

1596152107781.png

1596152133549.png

Follow daily wait times for DHS here...

Parker in NYC

A few more than 5. 😉

ToT
RNR
Slinky Dog
Saucers
Toy Story Mania
MMRR
Star Tours
M. Falcon
RotR
Plus ~
Muppets
One Man’s Dream

Thank God that Dance Party and Lightning McQueen are operating. Phew!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom