Hollywood Studios Touring Plans after Toy Story Land Opens

tmthomas52

@lentesta

I have been creating my touring plans for my trip beginning on July 23rd. I have been trying to create a Hollywood Studios plan for viewing of Toy Story Land. When I set up my plan with the 7 AM opening at Hollywood Studios I see that my plan can be done with in an hour and a half with all of Toy Story Land, TOT, RNR and Walt Disney Presents. Something feels off with this, and I was wondering if anyone else was running into this issue?

Weather_Lady

If you're talking about a touringplans personalized plan, you should be able to see if there's something amiss just by looking at the estimates for wait time, attraction run time (e.g., 15 min. to ToT, 2 min. for RnR, 7 min. for TSMM), walking time (2 min. to walk to ToT from RnR, more like 8 minutes to walk to TSMM from Sunset Blvd.), etc. to see if a particular number seems to be "off."

FWIW, my family has usually done TSMM, ToT, RnR and another attraction (used to be GMR) in under 60 minutes in the past, with a rope drop arrival at regular park opening (no EMH), so I don't think that doing all of those, plus two other Toy Story attractions in 90 minutes on an EMH morning, sounds unreasonable. The wild card is, of course, the wait times for the two extra Toy Story attractions (e.g., how fast the lines for them build during the first hour the park is open), which can be guessed at, but won't be known for awhile. You might consider getting FP+ for RnR and ToT for 8am/9am, so you can devote your EMH hour entirely to Toy Story Land before moving on to other parts of the park.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tmthomas52

Original Poster
Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 10.07.19 AM.png

I agree that you can get studios done in under 2 hours pretty easily right now but I don't see a way this is a feasible Touring Plan.
@Weather_Lady @lentesta

Upvote 0

lentesta

Premium Member
We're getting ready to push an update to DHS' models either today or tomorrow. That'll update these wait times. I think the current model didn't have a projected opening date for TSL. @tmthomas52 - want me to DM you when those models are ready?

For these new estimates, we looked at how Pandora and Cars Land affected the attractions around them for the first 30 days after opening. The impacts were not as large as I expected - just under 1 point on the park's crowd calendar.

Upvote 0

tmthomas52

Original Poster
We're getting ready to push an update to DHS' models either today or tomorrow. That'll update these wait times. I think the current model didn't have a projected opening date for TSL. @tmthomas52 - want me to DM you when those models are ready?

For these new estimates, we looked at how Pandora and Cars Land affected the attractions around them for the first 30 days after opening. The impacts were not as large as I expected - just under 1 point on the park's crowd calendar.

I appreciate the quick response and always appreciate your thorough work. I would really appreciate the DM. This among the reasons I would recommend Touring Plans to anyone. Your transparency the past few months is also truly appreciated.

Upvote 0

DryerLintFan

Premium Member

I was wondering how it would affect crowd levels! This is good to hear, and hopefully it will carry over into reality!

For my TouringPlan, the wild card seems to be Alien Swirling Saucers, because nobody knows if a fastpass will be offered for it or not, or if it will be in the same tier as the Slinky Dog.

I appreciate all you put into Touring Plans. Well worth the nominal annual fee! It's such a great tool!

Upvote 0

lentesta

Premium Member
I was wondering how it would affect crowd levels! This is good to hear, and hopefully it will carry over into reality!

For my TouringPlan, the wild card seems to be Alien Swirling Saucers, because nobody knows if a fastpass will be offered for it or not, or if it will be in the same tier as the Slinky Dog.

I appreciate all you put into Touring Plans. Well worth the nominal annual fee! It's such a great tool!

Thanks! It’ll definitely be a tier 1 FP. I expect all 3 TSL attractions to be Tier 1 for the summer. Everything else should be Tier 2 to take pressure off the new rides.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member

Thanks! It’ll definitely be a tier 1 FP. I expect all 3 TSL attractions to be Tier 1 for the summer. Everything else should be Tier 2 to take pressure off the new rides.

Yep, The tiers have been all but confirmed, from those booking the CL extra FPs and modifying them.

Tier 1 - TSMM, Slinky, Aliens

Tier 2 - everything else

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom