Hollywood Studios for a 9 year old?

rufio

Hello all!! I go to Disney world often, but I've only been with a kid once and we only went to Magic Kingdom. My in-laws are coming to visit in October with my niece, who will be 9. We're definitely planning on spending a full day at MK, Epcot, and DAK, but I'm wondering about whether it will be worth it to take her to DHS. Having never been there as or with a kid, I can't really think of many things that are kid-friendly. I'm considering doing a day at Universal instead. Thoughts?

ekutchey

Our 10 year old son LOVES DHS!! Because of Star Wars, ToT, RR, etc.. However I am not sure if with everything closing if you would find enough to do for a whole day with a girl.

Upvote 0

Herstorygirl

Well, I have 3 girls and we all love DHS -- Rockin' Roller Coaster is our favorite ride, followed closely by Toy Story Mania. It is a quieter, slower-paced park than the others, but that can be kind of nice after a day in MK chaos. The Muppets 3D show, The Great Movie Ride, Tower of Terror, etc... are all great, too. If you do go, be sure to try either the 50's Prime Time Cafe or the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater for lunch or dinner; they're pretty entertaining and my kids loved them.

Upvote 0

DarthVader

Sith Lord
but I'm wondering about whether it will be worth it to take her to DHS.
I have 10 year olds and they enjoyed HS last year when we went. Star Wars was a particually fun attraction, as was Toy Story.

Personally I would take them to Universal Studios right now. Harry Potter, Minions, Transformers etc.
We visited Universal Studios and perhaps its because my kids are not into harry potter but we didn't enjoy it. With the exception of harry potter, the rides seemed less entertaining. We just didn't enjoy ourselves at the same level as we did at WDW

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

Our 10 year old son LOVES DHS!! Because of Star Wars, ToT, RR, etc.. However I am not sure if with everything closing if you would find enough to do for a whole day with a girl.
Not sure why a girl wound't have a good time at DHS. They have the Muppets, Star Tours (loved that ride as a kid..and still do), ToT, JoTLM, Movie Ride. I never thought that this park was geared one way or they other to a particular sex. It may not be a full-day park, so might be a good day to head back to the pool in the afternoon or something like that. Regardless, I think any 9 year old will have a great time.

Upvote 0

Princess_AmyK

Not sure why a girl wound't have a good time at DHS. They have the Muppets, Star Tours (loved that ride as a kid..and still do), ToT, JoTLM, Movie Ride. I never thought that this park was geared one way or they other to a particular sex. It may not be a full-day park, so might be a good day to head back to the pool in the afternoon or something like that. Regardless, I think any 9 year old will have a great time.

My thoughts exactly. I'm not sure how being a girl changes anything? I can't think of one ride in DHS that when I was a little girl I would not have wanted to ride based on thinking that it didn't suit my gender enough. Are the rides fun and suitable to a 9 year old? Yes? Then I'm sure she will enjoy. Gender has nothing to do with it.

Anyway, yes! A 9 year old can have lots of fun there! From the street performers, to Star Tours, Muppets, Beauty and the Beast, and Fantasmic. There is so much for them to enjoy!

Upvote 0

momof1princess

We're going in Oct with our 8 year old daughter, looks like a few of the new Star Wars things will be started by then, fire works and a stage show. She's a Star Wars nut! Also, we made it a full day there 2 years ago, between rides, shows and Fantasmic we had a great day. The fact that it's not super crowded like Magic Kingdom helps too.

Upvote 0

TK Allison

It's worth considering the height of the child and if she's able to ride the kinds of rides she likes. I was there in the fall with 3, 6 and 9 year old girls. The six year old was too short for Aerosmith Rockin' Roller Coaster but she was more than happy to do the Frozen singalong again in its place. The 10 year old was tall enough for ARRC and she absolutely loved it. It's a great park to transition from kiddie rides to more thrilling attractions, in my opinion.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom