Hollywood Meanie

EPCOT Explorer

That's too funny.

webDSC09599_small.jpg

Exactly.;)

These monkeys are clearly visible from outside the area. I would of snapped away.

My point exactly.

dizneycrazy09

Original Poster
It sounds like a strange case of a CM gone mad with "power" and it just escalated to this bizarre, unacceptable level. quote]

That's exactly what it seemed like to me. She came across as she knew everything about Disney and how dare I even be interested or think about taking pictures of "her" ride.

Just to let you know Steve, she did mention that one of the cast members who was fired was wearing and posing in the ride uniform.

landauh

Just to further clarify something else as well. During the CM previews, there were no signs indicating no photography. There were also no announcements indicating no photography. There are some reports of a few CMs telling individuals no photography, but not a global announcement of any kind. Infact, I was even sent some photos of TSM CMs posing for photos in the load area.

If there was a genuine no photography rule being in place, I clearly would not have posted the photos.

When I attended the Cast preview we were allowed (at least no one stopped anyone) to take photos outside of the attraction, but were specifically informed that no photos were allowed of the inside.

phichi17

When I attended the Cast preview we were allowed (at least no one stopped anyone) to take photos outside of the attraction, but were specifically informed that no photos were allowed of the inside.
That makes sense....I can understand Disney not wanting interior photos getting out just yet, but exterior photos would be open game.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
The world is full of strange people, a sample of which are employed and visit WDW. Some are even former call centre employees who now work in the forestry industry maintaining the felling equipment.

Figment82

I took photos left and right today, in front of TSM CMs even, and no one said anything. Some people are just out hold grudges and act important - I wouldn't let it bother you.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Right. It seemed very hit or miss though. I know of some people who had the same experience as you, and others had no problem taking photos inside and out.

Basically there didnt seem to be any clear policy, and no signs were present.

Piebald

I am 99.999999% certain who this CM in question is, I am just awaiting confirmation from the OP via PM. I used to work in this area, and just based on the physical description and the original post I have an idea of who this is in which case a) it is not out of the ordinary for her to be like this and b) she is a complete idiot.

If anyone is a really big Scrubs fan and can recall the episode where Dr. is paired with Molly Shannon (SNL, Superstar! girl) to work on an EMS and Molly Shannon's character won't shut the hell up and conveys all her thoughts into words; this is that women except 89821 times more annoying.

tigfan

She was extremely rude, and I still wanted to take the pics. But after how stern and serious she was I figured it wasn't worth the risk. I didn't really need my own pictures anyway that's what I have you guys for. haha.

I agree with others, who say she was just on a "power trip". I've encountered a few CMs over the years who seem to think that their job carries with it much more power, significance and importance that it actually does. Sadly, encountering rude CMs is becoming an increasingly more common occurrence as time goes on, as evidenced by this thread: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=304946

Had I been in your shoes, I think I would have said something to the effect of, "Well, I really want these pictures, so I'll take my chances on getting 'kicked out'. I don't want you to get in trouble, so if you need to do your job and call Security on me, I understand. I'll let them know that you told me photos were strictly forbidden." Something tells me she probably would have suddenly become "cool" with it. :lol:

phichi17

I am 99.999999% certain who this CM in question is, I am just awaiting confirmation from the OP via PM. I used to work in this area, and just based on the physical description and the original post I have an idea of who this is in which case a) it is not out of the ordinary for her to be like this and b) she is a complete idiot.

If anyone is a really big Scrubs fan and can recall the episode where Dr. is paired with Molly Shannon (SNL, Superstar! girl) to work on an EMS and Molly Shannon's character won't shut the hell up and conveys all her thoughts into words; this is that women except 89821 times more annoying.
A person like this is allowed to have guest interaction? Sounds to me like an area manager needs their head examined.

figmentisgreat

omg...i LOVE scrubs. i can't even imagine a person like that in real life!

Frosty689

Haha, I was actually on this trip, and I'm the friend that Disneycrazy keeps mentioning! That's me, and that was me yelling about taking pictures, so I can definitly verify that this encounter did really happen. It was really strange. Very unusual. I've been to Disney almost 25 times now, and I have never encountered such a strange cast member. She stated that disney was not a big fan of sites like this one because of the problems they cause for cast members. She said even if a cast member just answers "No" to questions on this board they can be let go from their jobs. She was a little crazy.:hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom