Rumor Hollywood insiders say there's growing tension at Disney as CEO Bob Chapek chafes at Bob Iger's 'long goodbye'

GimpYancIent

I want to see the tale of the two BOB's come to an end (it looks like it will be an inglorious one) with a fresh start, a leader not named BOB that actually is imaginative, creative and focused. Guess the powers that be will have to look outside the organization?

Trauma

It doesn’t matter what political side you’re on, I think everyone can agree Chapek needs to go.
What do you think happens with the new CEO?

Do you think they continue to lean into the political arena ?

Will they appoint a leader that will try to distance the company from anything seen as even remotely politcal?

I wonder what the board of directors is thinking.

Whatever path they choose to go down, I hope the new CEO has the skills needed to execute the strategy, without tarnishing the brand.

GimpYancIent

A stockholder question: "My question to you today is: Would it not be beneficial both to you and the millions of Disney lovers around the world to ditch the politicization and gender ideology from your content aimed at children and instead try to win back the trust of families by sliding away from politics altogether? And reverting back to the magic and innocence that has been the founding motive for its success?"

Trauma

A stockholder question: "My question to you today is: Would it not be beneficial both to you and the millions of Disney lovers around the world to ditch the politicization and gender ideology from your content aimed at children and instead try to win back the trust of families by sliding away from politics altogether? And reverting back to the magic and innocence that has been the founding motive for its success?"
Lol.

If you have to actually ask that question to know the answer, you are not qualified to sit on the board.

Trauma

I think the twitter news is very good for Disney.

The media will stop talking about recent controversy and move on to the next big story.

Depending on how things play out tonight I may be long Disney, expecting a bounce to around $126 a share.

pdude81

I think the twitter news is very good for Disney.

The media will stop talking about recent controversy and move on to the next big story.

Depending on how things play out tonight I may be long Disney, expecting a bounce to around $126 a share.
What's happening tonight? I can't find anything about an investor or earnings call but this isn't my lane either.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Trying to understand why that would be such good news? Seems the only good news would be Chapek's resignation.
I was just pointing out that I wasn't sure what the original poster was referring to when he said "news on Twitter" because the Twitter buy is all I have seen today

Minnesota disney fan

Actually that was kind of risky.

What if one of the guests started to ask for a response to what’s going on in Florida?

I’m not certain he is even trained to handle a situation like that.

He could have blurted out an answer making things substantially worse.
actually he would just say, "everyone there is happy, it is crowded and people are spending, and they love Genie +!

Anteater

This.

Now that the offer is accepted, it should dominate the portion of the news cycle that was hyper focused on Disney the last few weeks.

It should allow all the negative press to fade away.
nah, RCID issue will be in the news, along with all the rest of the "stuff". It ain't goin' away soon. People are p*ssed; on both sides of the aisle.

pdude81

This.

Now that the offer is accepted, it should dominate the portion of the news cycle that was hyper focused on Disney the last few weeks.

It should allow all the negative press to fade away.
Negative press, sure. The bill was already passed though. I guess there is a chance that people will stop claiming on Twitter that they're boycotting Disney, much like they have been claiming they would boycott WDW. I try to follow the money

DisneyFanaticUK

After reading the last few pages, all I can say to everyone is that my favoured source for news is objectively true and unbiased and your preferred source of news is fake and untrue...

As for Chapek, he’s undoubtedly a lame duck at this stage. He’s still there to soak up all the heat for the mess he made, soak up all the heat for making good with DeSantis and then enjoy a long and generously compensated retirement.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom