Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge

Evil Genius

Original Poster
My GF and our two best friends just got back from a week at WDW last night. Of course it was an amazing trip and we made so many great new memories...but one memory stood out above all others...

We discovered The Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge and the only thing we kept thinking was...how is this place not packed constantly??!!

Seriously! The tapas menu and alcohol flights offered along with the ability to order from the full Brown Derby menu should make this a true gem! And yet we were able to just walk in and get a table with no effort.

Not that we were complaining. We ate there twice in one day and loved it! The outdoor seating, the ability to people watch...just great!

I won't go into gushing on the entire menu, but I will say the Derby Sliders and margarita flight are stupendous!

So has anyone else here found this hidden gem?

PineapplePrincess

Are you referring to the outdoor area? We noticed it on our last trip and were planning to have a drink, but they closed it due to rain. I could be wrong, but I think they used to use that area as outdoor seating for the restaurant. This past trip was the first time they had it open as a lounge area.

DManRightHere

My GF and our two best friends just got back from a week at WDW last night. Of course it was an amazing trip and we made so many great new memories...but one memory stood out above all others...

We discovered The Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge and the only thing we kept thinking was...how is this place not packed constantly??!!

Seriously! The tapas menu and alcohol flights offered along with the ability to order from the full Brown Derby menu should make this a true gem! And yet we were able to just walk in and get a table with no effort.

Not that we were complaining. We ate there twice in one day and loved it! The outdoor seating, the ability to people watch...just great!

I won't go into gushing on the entire menu, but I will say the Derby Sliders and margarita flight are stupendous!

There are a few big table service restaurants with listed lounges, I've thought it odd it's just walk up.

We haven't tried any yet. Italy's wine cellar looks like fun.

ABQ

I wonder if it's not packed as so many people rely upon the necessity of ADR's and the sheer awesomeness of the fact that the Brown Derby lounge does NOT accept ADR's is actually leaving it available? Sounds odd, but are people just not willing to sit down for a drink when they have dinner reservations at Hollywood and Vine or lunch reservations at Mama Melrose's? I know I plan to grab something at the lounge when I'm there next.

Yes! I was there in February and noticed some empty tables, so I sat down and ordered the margarita flight. Within about 15 minutes there was a line of people waiting for seats! Great timing for me. I also ordered the Cobb Salad and the dessert trio (you pick three), which allowed me to FINALLY try the Grapefruit Cake! :hungry:

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.

Nice Job, it's not hidden anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RonAnnArbor

Well, that and the fact that even WITH ADR's, Brown Derby is almost always available, even at peak times...its one of my favorites on property, and for sure my favorite inside any of the theme parks...the outdoor seating area has been available since the holidays...but just to reiterative, you can pretty much get walk-ups for the indoor area as well except at peak dinner times, when you might have to wait a bit but will most usually still get a table

Redsky89

I've been by there for a beer. I wish they had beer on tap outside but for what they have bottled its pretty cool. I was at the bar at 50's Prime Time Cafe the other day for a few beers and that was really good.

EvilQueen-T

Could the fact that it's billed as a lounge possibly scare off people traveling with kids thus keeping it open? I know on my adult only trips we hit these types of places frequently but not when I go with kids.

71jason

True story, this bar was created for my friend and me, after we kept going inside to get drinks during the Villains Party, convincing them there was a market. Ask Pil, the manager. :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom