Holidays at the Magic Kingdom 2016

21stamps

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the info.

I will be at MK on the 30th. How bad would you say should I expect the crowds to be based on previous years? We always go to the parks before or after Christmas Break, so this should be interesting, but still can't wait!
Busiest week of the year, so expect very close, or at capacity. Wait times for popular rides upwards of 100mins, 45 min waits for quick service food.

Have a great trip, and enjoy the fireworks!

RSoxNo1

ProTip for people: December 30th fireworks at MK are typically identical to December 31st fireworks. A few years ago we had dinner at Whispering Canyon on the 30th and then went over to MK. We camped out for hours by the Ice Cream Parlor and had a great view of the fireworks. Then, the next night we watched Illuminations after having a meal at the Yacht Club. In both cases we made easy get aways and were out of the parks and parking lots very quickly.

AndrewsJ

OT rant: I just read the article "No capacity closings at the Walt Disney World parks so far this Christmas". I get down on this site sometimes because people can be so hateful, derogatory, self righteous and down right know it alls, myself included! This article reminded me of why I love WDW magic. It is well written and very professional and answers a question that I know I was wondering about and others probably were too. There really is no other fan site out there quite like this one and I'm honored to be a part of it. In the new year, actually starting now, I am going to try to remember why I got hooked on this site in the first place. I visit several times a day and sometimes reading some of he comments make me anxious, even angry. If I have offended anyone I sincerely apologize. I am going to try to enjoy the site again and ignore the negativity and do my best not to be a part of it. End of rant. Thanks.

FigmentForver96

OT rant: I just read the article "No capacity closings at the Walt Disney World parks so far this Christmas". I get down on this site sometimes because people can be so hateful, derogatory, self righteous and down right know it alls, myself included! This article reminded me of why I love WDW magic. It is well written and very professional and answers a question that I know I was wondering about and others probably were too. There really is no other fan site out there quite like this one and I'm honored to be a part of it. In the new year, actually starting now, I am going to try to remember why I got hooked on this site in the first place. I visit several times a day and sometimes reading some of he comments make me anxious, even angry. If I have offended anyone I sincerely apologize. I am going to try to enjoy the site again and ignore the negativity and do my best not to be a part of it. End of rant. Thanks.
We all get passionate about the things we love and it is very obvious that we are all Disney fans. We don't all agree or even all get along but we all do love the same thing.

I think we could all be a little nicer going forward, myself included

forevertrueblue

We all get passionate about the things we love and it is very obvious that we are all Disney fans. We don't all agree or even all get along but we all do love the same thing.

I think we could all be a little nicer going forward, myself included
To be completely honest I sometimes feel scared to comment on this site because of some of that kind of stuff, so nice to see that others recognise it too!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Very helpful info! Do you happen to know when Epcot is taking theirs down and the Holiday food offerings? I have to imagine theirs may be a bit more "phased". But, I thought they may leave it up for Marathon Weekend.
Jan 12 for the decor :)

Disney Dad 3000

It looks like this seems to be fairly consistent with what they did last year. We were down MLK weekend and the 2-3 days before and HS still had their tree up, etc. and EPCOT the garland and small decorations and I seem to remember by Saturday of that weekend the last remaining bits were gone

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom