'Holidays Around the World' to become 'Epcot International Festival of the Holidays'

jt04

And last year it was just 5 booths, just for a point of reference.

Name change was to include the dog whistle 'festival.' It starts the salivation reflex and loosens the wallet.

And yes, I agree it should start earlier. MK's "holiday" starts the first week of November, but Epcot's doesn't begin until the last week of November. Throw in Thanksgiving... 'cause, you know... food and harvest. Sync 'em up!

Although, if Disney started Christmas as early as they start Halloween, Christmas would begin October 15!

Give them a couple more years and something will be happening 365 days a year. I think that's great.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
As usual, more uninformed bluster.

The scavenger hunts have always cost money, and you get a pretty nice prize at the end that would have generally been priced much higher than the map had it been sold on its own.

You don't see anything wrong with this charging for a kids activity for a park which charges a c-note per day for admission.

This kind of attitude is more reminiscent of a cultist than a customer.

Castle Cake Apologist

You don't see anything wrong with this charging for a kids activity for a park which charges a c-note per day for admission.

No, it's more reminiscent of understanding that at the end of the day, Walt Disney World is a business. There's plenty to be concerned about at Disney right now. Charging $6 for an activity that takes a good chunk of time to complete and ends with a nice prize that normally would have cost twice that is not among them.

I would say your constant alarmist paranoid state is more reminiscent of the state of mind of an average cultist.

ToTBellHop

No, it's more reminiscent of understanding that at the end of the day, Walt Disney World is a business. There's plenty to be concerned about at Disney right now. Charging $6 for an activity that takes a good chunk of time to complete and ends with a nice prize that normally would have cost twice that is not among them.

I would say your constant alarmist paranoid state is more reminiscent of the state of mind of an average cultist.

Kman101

You look for an issue or problem in everything. This activity and charging for it isn't new. You can do these searches for free without the map or the prize. I mean ... LOL at being concerned over this. Come on.

Castle Cake Apologist

Folks, "Ignore". Watch your blood pressure fall by 5 mmHg.

I knooooow, but I just can't bring myself to do it! I've never used it in 16 years of being here. I almost get a weird enjoyment over reading his crazy conspiracy-fueled rambling sometimes.

I guess none of it will matter when Disney, the world's largest media and entertainment conglomerate, goes out of business in the next 3 years as they so obviously are well on their way to doing. Even though they're not going to build already-being-built Star Wars Land, it just couldn't save them. ;)

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

I guess for the previous half century before Iger got there Disney was a charity,

You guys are so addicted to Disney you will take anything they do or say as it's the best thing ever.

Hint Disney management is laughing at you while they take your money. As for me I turned off the money tap for Disney entertainment.

It is *kind* of fun watching pixie dusters come up with excuses for disneys latest cost cutting program. Too bad they all are some flavor of 'Diznee iz a Bizness'

Castle Cake Apologist

I guess for the previous half century before Iger got there Disney was a charity,

You guys are so addicted to Disney you will take anything they do or say as it's the best thing ever.

Hint Disney management is laughing at you while they take your money. As for me I turned off the money tap for Disney entertainment.

It is *kind* of fun watching pixie dusters come up with excuses for disneys latest cost cutting program. Too bad they all are some flavor of 'Diznee iz a Bizness'

Oh I would very very much like you to read through some my posting history and reconsider your statements. I am as far from pixie duster as they come and am quite critical of the company when it is due.

However, I'll tell you again (though I know, as usual, that you'll ignore the information that is spoon-fed to you) this is not "Disney's latest cost cutting program." These have LITERALLY always cost money. There is absolutely nothing wrong with charging money for a fun activity that takes a good chunk of time to complete and is rewarded with an exclusive collectible item. It's not like you just get a stamp or something in a book, there is a legitimate prize. That's in addition to the collectible map that you get as well.

RSoxNo1

So a week between Food and Wine and Festival of the Holidays, then probably a week between that and Festival of the Arts, then a week between that and Flower and Garden.

All they have to do is bring back the Sounds Like Summer Concert Series and they won't have to build any more rides.

ToTBellHop

So a week between Food and Wine and Festival of the Holidays, then probably a week between that and Festival of the Arts, then a week between that and Flower and Garden.

All they have to do is bring back the Sounds Like Summer Concert Series and they won't have to build any more rides.
Nah. The Epcot International Festival of Frozen Adult Beverages. Daiquiri your way around the World all summer long. Throw in Olaf's Slushy Scavenger Hunt so Ford Explorer has something to complain about.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom