'Holidays Around the World' to become 'Epcot International Festival of the Holidays'

b94ronman

Have been there the past 2 nights and the transition fireworks that happen once the holiday tag starts have not been present. These would be the white fireworks that are shot into the water that look like sparklers on the water as the tag begins

WDW Monorail

I’ve not paid much attention to this years tag. I should do.

I know the previous tag was reduced each year a little each time. The finale was very conspicuous in this.

Earth Globe footage was all replaced a few years back. At least I’ve got the pictures :)

It has been scaled back yearly beginning a couple of years after its debut.

Still a nice addition, but nowhere near the chest rattling barrage it once was.

Yes and no. It's difficult to compare the 2005-2013 show from the 2014-present show because they are entirely different. Although there are only so many cues you can change since it is essentially the same soundtrack, just a different arrangement and fireworks design.

People conveniently like to forget that 80-120 4" titanium salutes were replaced with 240-320 30mm salutes. Sure they're smaller in size but still very loud and that is a huge increase in finale shells. The filler shells were previously 1.75" and 3" silver, blue, red and green peonies. From 2014 on they became all silver strobing peonies producing an incredible strobing effect which lasts for several seconds.

Bombette comet fans are pretty nice looking replacements for the whistling comets. They really fill the sky. I'm not sure what happened to the floating gerbs at the beginning of the show. I did notice that there aren't any floating mines which debuted in the finale of the 2014 tag.

As a note, do NOT use WDWMagic's 2016 video of the tag as a gauge because the beginning half of the show was lighter than designed and the finale used entirely strobing peonies instead of brocade waterfalls with stobing peonies at the very end. The video was taken early on in the tag's seasonal run and that affected the type and amount of product use due.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Yes and no. It's difficult to compare the 2005-2013 show from the 2014-present show because they are entirely different. Although there are only so many cues you can change since it is essentially the same soundtrack, just a different arrangement and fireworks design.

People conveniently like to forget that 80-120 4" titanium salutes were replaced with 240-320 30mm salutes. Sure they're smaller in size but still very loud and that is a huge increase in finale shells. The filler shells were previously 1.75" and 3" silver, blue, red and green peonies. From 2014 on they became all silver strobing peonies producing an incredible strobing effect which lasts for several seconds.

Bombette comet fans are pretty nice looking replacements for the whistling comets. They really fill the sky. I'm not sure what happened to the floating gerbs at the beginning of the show. I did notice that there aren't any floating mines which debuted in the finale of the 2014 tag.

As a note, do NOT use WDWMagic's 2016 video of the tag as a gauge because the beginning half of the show was lighter than designed and the finale used entirely strobing peonies instead of brocade waterfalls with stobing peonies at the very end. The video was taken early on in the tag's seasonal run and that affected the type and amount of product use due.
groundhog-day-bill-murray.jpg

"Did you want to talk about the weather, or were you just making chit chat?"

iMax

To be fair after experiencing the 4th of July tag this year (and knowing what to expect for the New Year tag later this month) the Holiday tag is only 1/4 of 4th of July & New Years tags combined.

spectromagic04

Does anyone know why the Peace on Earth tag tonight had basically no fireworks tonight? Watched it on stream and there was no high pyro. Hopefully not cost cutting.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Does anyone know why the Peace on Earth tag tonight had basically no fireworks tonight? Watched it on stream and there was no high pyro. Hopefully not cost cutting.

I was there as well it looked like they either had some pretty messy technical difficulties with the show tonight, or they pulled it back expecting the bad weather to hit earlier than it did. There were whole sequences of even the base show that did not launch. I saw it Monday night and everything was fine so it was certainly just an anomaly for tonight.

Jimmy Thick

Epcot was absolutely packed tonight. With the exception of the Japan holiday kiosk all of the other countries had huge lines for the special holiday eats.

I ate the soba from Japan, Turkey from American, and the fondue from Germany. Soba was not fresh and tasted processed. Turkey was pretty delicious and the fondue was mediocre.

Basically I recommend the turkey, but I plan to try everything.

I’ll upload pics if I don’t forget.

flyerjab

Me too. They could have normal people like us read the story and I'd still go every year, its just a spectacle that never gets old

My son was in one of the school choruses that performed on Saturday night with Jodi Benson. We never had the pleasure of seeing that before. It was probably the most special Christmas time event we ever attended at WDW. My wife was in tears. It was so well done.

goodolgm

As Don has already mentioned the show had less bang than normal because of increasing winds aloft right before showtime. No need to panic lol
To piggyback on this, watched the POE tag from one of the last couple of nights from another site and it appears the final sequence of the POE tag has been restored to what it used to be before the audio re-recording and pyro sequencing. Seems like they went back to many more bigger colored shells and lots more salutes, at least on this particular night. Also sounded a lot louder last night from a couple miles from the park, but just could have been cold air. Planning on going tonight to check it out.

jrhwdw

Here's some good news! the mines/pyro fountians on the water are back at the start of the POE Tag tonight! Saw it on EyesOnEars. That took half the season! Are Supply problems that bad? SW AGS didn't look any better either tonight. Granted it's the night before Galactic Nights.
Hopefully SW AGS will be better next week like Bell, BAM! is this year!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom