News Holidays 2020 at Walt Disney World

castlecake2.0

Christmas decorations has appeared in the boutique at riviera. Side note, this resort could probably do with a secondary merchandise location somewhere or even a cart out on the terrace somewhere, it’s so cramped in here.

D23A9AE2-21C4-4573-A018-E21AC890A58E.jpeg
847F6B4F-1AEC-4850-A961-2EF8E0D0187D.jpeg
5D664BCA-22A7-405B-851E-2E53925F3EFD.jpeg

JoeCamel

Christmas decorations has appeared in the boutique at riviera. Side note, this resort could probably do with a secondary merchandise location somewhere or even a cart out on the terrace somewhere, it’s so cramped in here.

View attachment 508042View attachment 508043View attachment 508044
They must not know their market too well. The outerwear gets tied around the waist or thrown in a backpack in the world. 1 out of three mannequins doing it right in this space.

castlecake2.0

They must not know their market too well. The outerwear gets tied around the waist or thrown in a backpack in the world. 1 out of three mannequins doing it right in this space.
This is a signature move by one of the visual merchandisers I work with, if you see a bust with a sweater around the neck you know he’s been there

nickys

Premium Member
What are the chances this year of hours being extended at the last minute for these days? With park reservations in use it’s not like there would be a sudden influx of guests if they were to announce a couple of extra hours the day before.

Figment2005

What are the chances this year of hours being extended at the last minute for these days? With park reservations in use it’s not like there would be a sudden influx of guests if they were to announce a couple of extra hours the day before.
You do realize that surprise extensions of park hours force thousands of cast members to extend themselves for a little more enjoyment by a select few guests. Hoping for something like that is extremely selfish especially during the holidays.

note2001

You do realize that surprise extensions of park hours force thousands of cast members to extend themselves for a little more enjoyment by a select few guests. Hoping for something like that is extremely selfish especially during the holidays.
I worry the opposite may happen. The CMs will be counting on the extra hours/money, then Disney will be forced to reduce hours again.

Mesmer92

In the Parks
No
Having worked many evenings when my shift was unexpectedly extended longer than originally scheduled, I can assure you that most CM's do not care as it means more money. You may have a few who are, rightfully, annoyed but most know that's how this business rolls.

nickys

Premium Member

Firstly I won’t be there. I was interested to know people’s opinion on the matter. I don’t recall saying I expected them to extend hours, do refresh my memory for me.

I have been at Christmas and I have benefitted from the last minute extensions. Perhaps I should have forgone the chance to stay at MK until 2am on a point of principle - except the CMs would have had to stay anyway.

The fact is that people like to plan their visits, and that extends to knowing whether or not opening hours being extended is likely. For several years that they have done so, it seems entirely reasonable for people to wonder about these things this year like any other year.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Firstly I won’t be there. I was interested to know people’s opinion on the matter. I don’t recall saying I expected them to extend hours, do refresh my memory for me.

I have been at Christmas and I have benefitted from the last minute extensions. Perhaps I should have forgone the chance to stay at MK until 2am on a point of principle - except the CMs would have had to stay anyway.

The fact is that people like to plan their visits, and that extends to knowing whether or not opening hours being extended is likely. For several years that they have done so, it seems entirely reasonable for people to wonder about these things this year like any other year.
Absolutely. As a visitor, I see nothing wrong or "selfish" in wondering about these things. I would think most CM's are grateful for extra income given present circumstances.

Figment2005

It seems I struck a few chords giving my opinion on a matter than many may not think about. Very few CM's I'm around enjoy being extended. Are they going to take the extra money, of course, but many more would give that extra 15.00 for that hour they now have to spend at work.

Basil of Baker Street

I can't speak for CMs specificly but every single person I know enjoys the opportunity to earn extra cash especially during these times and add the very expensive holidays to that.

Now if you're talking about someone living at home with their parents or has a significant other that earns a nice living...sure, ok. The rest of us trying to scrape out a living, gimme the cash.

Figment2005

Let's say you have dinner with friends and your all ready to go at 5, but your boss comes in and says "hey, this customer can't come until 5:30 I need you to stay". Would you quit because of that, are you that childish? No, you suck it up and do it because you like your job, but it doesn't mean you have to enjoy it. Especially now this means your plans after work have been altered or maybe completely cancelled because of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom