News Holidays 2020 at Walt Disney World

ToTBellHop

1599696071762.gif

raymusiccity

Sigh. Nothing catastrophic in this announcement. Still just a downer for some reason. Mostly seems like cost cutting. No reason they can’t have physical distancing around gingerbread houses. 🙄 we ain’t stoopid
Well, sadly, you just can't fix stupid. I'm sure the decision to cancel all of the gingerbread creations was based on past experience. It was always disappointing to notice that there were always bites and chunks missing from the edges of the gingerbread houses. I'll bet you can find 'cute' pictures posted of little darlings tasting the gingerbread.....goaded on by their parents who laughed and told them 'sure it's real....break off a piece! 😢

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Well, sadly, you just can't fix stupid. I'm sure the decision to cancel all of the gingerbread creations was based on past experience. It was always disappointing to notice that there were always bites and chunks missing from the edges of the gingerbread houses. I'll bet you can find 'cute' pictures posted of little darlings tasting the gingerbread.....goaded on by their parents who laughed and told them 'sure it's real....break off a piece! 😢
Every (late) night during our stay at BLT last December, we saw Bakery CM's replacing damaged and stolen(!) gingerbread shingles from the Contemporary Resort's gingerbread display. 😕

DVCakaCarlF

I never saw anyone “biting off” a piece.

Crazydisneyfanluke

I wouldn't be surprised if the holiday decorations stay limited to entrances of parks and their main corridor. EPCOT should be all dressed up for the holidays to help increase demand to the park, which has be weakest link in attendance.

If I remember correctly, an insider did say that holiday department got the grunt of some major layoffs.

TTA94

Any possibility we will see a projection only version of MWC? Or definitely no show and only just the steady on projections?

surfsupdon

Do we think all parks will have decor (I love the studios Christmas decor more than MK). My last day is Nov 6 and I will do HS for rides and decor unless they do nothing, then I’d change to MK. Any thoughts?

I mean I’d thinkif Resorts were being decorated, all parks would too.

GimpYancIent

A lot of interesting questions for Christmas. Will there be any Elsa lighting up the castle and even if there will be lights on the castle or just a projected overlay? How can Santa communicate with children masked and socially distanced? Will Disney generate a Christmas special this year since no stage shows / numbers are being done hence no taping? A lot is in question beyond decorations.

note2001

A lot of interesting questions for Christmas. Will there be any Elsa lighting up the castle and even if there will be lights on the castle or just a projected overlay? How can Santa communicate with children masked and socially distanced? Will Disney generate a Christmas special this year since no stage shows / numbers are being done hence no taping? A lot is in question beyond decorations.
Who's going to tell him?

Ah shoot. I hate being the bearer of bad news.

Just projections on the castle, hopefully done tastefully.
No Dream lights on the castle. No lighting ceremony with Elsa or any other character.
No meet and greets with Santa. We suspect he may be in a cavalcade.

We have no idea what Disney is planning on for the broadcast show this year. Filming always brought a crowd so if they do, it will be after hours. Honestly, since showing people in WDW having fun is the goal they may skip it all together and do a studio recorded program interjected with bits from the parks.

Last edited:

castlecake2.0

I have a feeling the Christmas decor will be very similar in style to what we got for Halloween. If it requires machinery to install (lifts, Cherry pickers etc) it won’t happen, as those employees have not been called back yet.

CircusPeanuts

I have a feeling the Christmas decor will be very similar in style to what we got for Halloween. If it requires machinery to install (lifts, Cherry pickers etc) it won’t happen, as those employees have not been called back yet.

That is incorrect. There will be larger decor pieces installed for Christmas. Not the full package but it will be a good amount especially at the MK and Disney Springs. Unrelated - but the folks who install the decor are 95% contracted labor - mostly BVCC and a mix of other contractors. Not CMs.

castlecake2.0

That is incorrect. There will be larger decor pieces installed for Christmas. Not the full package but it will be a good amount especially at the MK and Disney Springs. Unrelated - but the folks who install the decor are 95% contracted labor - mostly BVCC and a mix of other contractors. Not CMs.

Most of BVCC is still laid off, that’s why I’m not expecting the usual amount of decor, but if you have heard otherwise then that’s good news

CircusPeanuts

Most of BVCC is still laid off, that’s why I’m not expecting the usual amount of decor, but if you have heard otherwise then that’s good news

There will not be the usual amount, but there is a conscious decision to keep it outwardly similar. Will people here notice cutbacks. FOR SURE. Will the casual guests notice cutbacks in their pictures? Unlikely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom