News Holidays 2020 at Walt Disney World

rowrbazzle

I think extending the hours is dependent on the crowds which to some extent is dependent on how long the parks are open. Somewhat of a circular reference. With Covid concerns I don’t know how much Disney wants the crowds back. It’s a tough call. Too big a crowd generates negative PR, too small and you lose money. I have to assume that if a vaccine hits and some or all of the Covid restrictions go away by next summer that the hours and park hopping will be back along with parades, night shows and meet and greets.
I agree. They've made the announcement that they are providing a decent amount of Christmas-y stuff. I figure they're waiting to see what reservations look like before setting the hours. Even if there's no hopping, hopefully there's enough demand to warrant extending the hours during the holidays. With longer hours and some shows, you can still have manageable crowd levels even with increased attendance.

deeevo

I am going to assume Santa will not be meeting in HS this year since all the MG's are not happening. Guess I will have to tell the kids that Santa is quarantined as well. Maybe I can include the Elf so I don't have to move it around every night.

GimpYancIent

I am going to assume Santa will not be meeting in HS this year since all the MG's are not happening. Guess I will have to tell the kids that Santa is quarantined as well. Maybe I can include the Elf so I don't have to move it around every night.
So much Christmas Bah Humbug this year already! Halloween has not even played out yet.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

It's been confirmed: No Santa M&G.

Do we think there will be any extension of park hours at all during the holiday season?

At the very least, MK will have to be open later for the Castle projections.

If reservations go up becaue of the holidays and FL manages to get off other states' quarantine list and stop being called a 'hot spot', then WDW can increase hours for increased attendance.

tirian

MK has not been the same during the season to me since they quit using the wreath garlands across main street, those were quintessential Disney to me at one time. And all at the expense for that disjointed festival of fantasy parade. The oversize wreaths on brackets on the sides just dont cut it. And epcots decor has diminished year by year down to nearly nothing, so Im not expecting much of anything there this year either, its mainly just a seasonal overlay of the foodandwine. I bet they cut back on decor even more this year from parks to resorts, will see.
Epcot’s decor is almost nonexistent compared to what it used to have.

But back to this year, all things considered, I’m impressed that they’re offering as much as they are! This is a pretty substantial stretch for holiday service ops, even if it doesn’t look like it from the outside. It’s nice to see some positive news from WDW!

TrainsOfDisney

The Voices performing at American Gardens Theatre is exactly what I was hoping for. It’s not the candlelight, but it’s 1 element of the candlelight in the same venue, all things considered that’s a pretty good substitute.

In a perfect world they could have some of the “favorite” holiday storytellers appear at the gardens or in the millennium showplace... Pierre Noel, Father Christmas, La Befona, etc.

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
Sigh. Nothing catastrophic in this announcement. Still just a downer for some reason. Mostly seems like cost cutting. No reason they can’t have physical distancing around gingerbread houses. 🙄 we ain’t stoopid
Just a thought. I’ve been thinking about this, it may be difficult to enforce folks not gathering in close proximity around the gingerbread houses (Grand Flo can get a fair amount of spectators.). It also might be that they can’t create the gingerbread houses while maintaining appropriate social distancing. Ensuring safety is a 2 way street. The workers safety is a consideration as well.

DVCakaCarlF

The only park I can see not getting anymore hours is Animal Kingdom...no night show, so no need for evening hours...love that park at night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom