News Holidays 2020 at Walt Disney World

JohnD

“When night falls”. All 1-2 hours of it. Give me at least until 10 pm...

Currently the reduced hours are until the third week of November. Daylight Savings Time ends the first Sunday in November -- November 1 this year. So at least November 1 through November 21 it will be dark approx 5-7pm. At least guests will get to experience dark in the parks (rhyming not intended) unlike anyone visiting prior to November 1.

dothebrdwalk

Why is everyone so shocked? They also wouldn't have done the nightly castle show lighting them up. It is what it is, this year is a fluke hopefully and when the world recovers, this probably will too. Seems like they just didn't need the headache of putting them up for 3 months and taking them down for another 3 months when they don't even know if they'll for sure be open at Christmas this year!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Currently the reduced hours are until the third week of November. Daylight Savings Time ends the first Sunday in November -- November 1 this year. So at least November 1 through November 21 it will be dark approx 5-7pm. At least guests will get to experience dark in the parks (rhyming not intended) unlike anyone visiting prior to November 1.
MK closes at 6pm and AK at 5PM so not much dark night time there. At least DHS and EPCOT go to 7PM. Maybe they will increase the hours starting around Thanksgiving. The calendar isn’t out yet, but there’s a good chance it happens.

CJR

I'm sad about the dreamlights, but at least we will have some after dark festive atmosphere.

Not much mentioned for DHS, but Disney probably didn't want the park to have much more incentive for demand than it already does.

I would love to see "snow" in the parks, in addition to DS. Here's hoping they just left it out. No reason why they could have it in DS and not the parks.

Hope Disney returns the Dream Lights in 2021.

JohnD

I'm sad about the dreamlights, but at least we will have some after dark festive atmosphere.

Not much mentioned for DHS, but Disney probably didn't want the park to have much more incentive for demand than it already does.

I would love to see "snow" in the parks, in addition to DS. Here's hoping they just left it out. No reason why they could have it in DS and not the parks.

Hope Disney returns the Dream Lights in 2021.

HS will probably have rotating holiday scenes over ToT again this year. They could do the same with the Chinese Theatre. Just project random holiday images over it and the side buildings also. Just no show.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
If we get a valid vaccine this fall, might we get MOUACT for Christmas Week?????
A vaccine won’t impact Christmas week. Even if one works and is approved in the late fall it still needs to be distributed and people need to get vaccinated. High risk and first responders first then the general public afterwards. The leading candidates all require 2 vaccinations 3 to 4 weeks apart too so even if you started vaccinations as early as Dec (which is not likely) you won’t have everyone done until probably end of March. The best hope for WDW and a vaccine is probably that they salvage Spring Break 2021 by relaxing restrictions by then. More conservative view would be they can ease up on restrictions by the summer season. All of that is based on a vaccine working and the trials to have a positive outcome.

TYOTimer

I expect that when they killed Osborne lights! But you’re right. Dream lights is way more popular. So let’s hope it returns 2021.
I still think Osborne Lights will come back one day, just on Sunset and Hollywood.

But, expect Twitter to freak out, and hey, who knows, maybe Disney will pander to us in a way we actually want this time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom