Holidays 2019

arich35

Hello everyone! First post here.
My wife and I are planning a trip for next year and she is set on going when all the holiday festivities are happening. My question is when would the best time to go to experience everything Disneyworld has to offer and price? We are looking to spend 4 full days so we can visit every park. Example would be arrive on a Tuesday and leave on a Sunday.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Smiley/OCD

My wife and I are planning a trip for next year and she is set on going when all the holiday festivities are happening. My question is when would the best time to go to experience everything Disneyworld has to offer and price? We are looking to spend 4 full days so we can visit every park. Example would be arrive on a Tuesday and leave on a Sunday.

First off, WELCOME to the boards!!! Are you looking for Christmas or Halloween?

For Halloween, The decorations are usually up in early September...The Christmas decs. are usually up the first week in November...as far as the special nights and parades go, I don't think those dates for 2019 have been announced yet. Whichever holiday you attend, the decorations for both are awesome and a must-do at least once! Just remember if you are planning on one of the special events, they are an added charge and you must reserve them...they can sell out quickly, so if it's a go for you, watch these boards and reserve a night a.s.a.p.

Upvote 0

arich35

Original Poster
First off, WELCOME to the boards!!! Are you looking for Christmas or Halloween?

For Halloween, The decorations are usually up in early September...The Christmas decs. are usually up the first week in November...as far as the special nights and parades go, I don't think those dates for 2019 have been announced yet. Whichever holiday you attend, the decorations for both are awesome and a must-do at least once! Just remember if you are planning on one of the special events, they are an added charge and you must reserve them...they can sell out quickly, so if it's a go for you, watch these boards and reserve a night a.s.a.p.

Thank you!
It would be for Christmas.

Upvote 0

Disneyfreak Jen

Welcome to the boards! 😁 Consider arriving the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. Since Thanksgiving is late next year that would be around Dec 2. Not sure of your budget or where you’re considering staying, but just keep in mind that the Pop Warner football championships are the first week of December.

The teams stay at the All Star resorts. If you don’t stay there you probably won’t see any of them. They can be really noisy from what I’ve read.

I’m going to All Star Music 🎶🎵tomorrow...pray for me!! 🤪 But it was Music or nothing, so I’m going 🥳🤩

You’ll find a ton of great information on here, so have fun lurking!

Upvote 0

yensid67

WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY!! Being on these boards is like having extended family! So you want to go to Disney during Christmas for a good price!? I recommend going the first week in December (1-8) 2019 seems like it usually the best time to go. The decorations are WONDEFULLY MAGICAL! Will you be flying from YOUR CITY to MCO or will you driving from YOUR CITY? Do you HAVE TO STAY on property? The cheapest hotel room at the All Stars is going to be $125/night AT LEAST! By staying off property at a nearby DECENT hotel you could save money! The Clarion Lake Buena Vista(clarionlbv.com) is a good choice and can be reserved for as cheap as $60/night if you research! PM me if you want any help! Would have a rental car or use shuttles?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yensid67

Clarion Lake Buena Vista...$65/night=$360.00/5 nights...BREAKFAST INCLUDED! They have Shuttle to all major Parks!
Compared to Cheapest All Star hotels ($609.00; $741.00; $781.00/ 5 nights)
Staying at The Clarion LBV you could save $421.00 compared to All Stars!

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
https://www.wdwmagic.com/articles/2...-peak-season-is-overrated-and-this-is-why.htm

Upvote 0

DisneyOutsider

The thing I love about Christmas and New Year's at Disney World is that virtually none of the rides are down for renovation, there are no scrims covering the facades on Main Street, and the New Year's Eve fireworks at Magic Kingdom and Epcot are my favorite shows of all time (The xmas parade in Magic Kingdom is pretty cool, too). The price you pay is an ungodly amount of people all around you, but if you can manage your expectations.. it's glorious. I'm mostly talking about New Year's Eve, though (Dec 30 through Jan 1).

If you do come on the actual week of Christmas, expectations are key. Your schedule isn't going to go as planned. Some things you will just not get to ride/experience. Take more time to enjoy the atmosphere and put less emphasis on 'doing'. Put in that extra effort to get some nice dining reservations and your preferred Fastpasses, but don't expect that you'll get them. Expect that you will witness other guests having a miserable time, who might even be rude to you directly.. and just let it roll right off of you.

Upvote 0

yensid67

Something that can save you $ in regards to the Magic Kingdom...This is what we are doing in September 2019...
SKIP going to the Magic Kingdom during the day!!!! Replace that with Mickey's Christmas Party. All of the major attractions are going to be operating, you will get to see the Christmas Parade(that you will not see on TV on Christmas Day!) and I THINK they have Hot Chocolate and Cookies included!? Included this year:
Character Experiences: See beloved Disney pals
Holiday Treats and Specialty Eats: Savor delicious yuletide sweets as you sip on seasonal beverages.
A Magical Snowfall: See snow falling on Main Street, U.S.A.
Mickey's Most Merriest Celebration: Feel the holidays come alive in a jubilant stage show that fills the air with music, dancing and laughter!
Club Tinsel: Bust a move during a mega-fun dance party at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café.
A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas: Join favorite Tomorrowland friends for a celebration that’s out-of-this-world.
Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime Parade: Look for Santa Claus!
Holiday Wishes: Delight in an exclusive holiday fireworks extravaganza.
A Frozen Holiday Wish: Behold an enchanting performance and see Queen Elsa transform Cinderella Castle into a glimmering ice palace for the holidays

Upvote 0

ctcdisneymama

You will absolutely love Christmas at Disney World. Just went this past November and it was so magical.

However, that being said, i cannot stress this enough: DO NOT GOING DURING JERSEY WEEK.

Being from the midwest we had no clue what Jersey week was but we got a first hand experience. We were on the tail end and even then the parks were absolutely insane. It felt like we were at MK on a peak summer day. It totally took the fun out of the parks a bit. So thankful we went to the MVMCP so we were able to ride some rides and enjoy the parks when there's less of a crowd.

Also, make sure to go to MVMCP!! so worth the money!

Upvote 0

aliceismad

Are you going to do the Christmas party? I could see doing a full day at MK AND an additional day for the Christmas Party at MK so you can see the special parade, events, etc. Just a thought.

Upvote 0

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Given the time period that you want to go (When the decorations for Christmas are up) I would recommend that you avoid the week between Christmas Day and New Years. Its a crushing sea of humanity that you will not enjoy. My wife and I were there last year during that time and we just did our fast pass attractions, ate at our dining reservations, and then went anywhere but in the parks.

Magic Kingdom is the worst during that time period and the worst location would be the area between the Haunted Mansion and Pinnocchio's Villiage Haus where you are literally shoulder to shoulder chest to back with other guests.

Some years are better than others, some worse. Given the economy is doing better for some this year the additional folks traveling down as well as the locals who make a visit part of the holiday celebration will make this year very "special". This attached picture is Mainstreet at 12:30 Christmas Day last year.
20171225_143134.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dreamfinder

That's also after the holidays, decorations and all, no?

Typically, it will be at least decreasing decorations. And all the shows and such will be done.

I've done that week three times and it was still fully decorated each time.

I've got like 7 Marathon weekends under my belt, and they always TRY to take decorations down around Marathon weekend. Usually I'll run through a park, and then when I visit the park the next day, stuff I saw (including trees) will be gone. Every year has been different in terms of how much has gone down, IE one year they had a cold snap so in park/outdoor stuff stayed up a while later while indoor/resort decorations went down earlier, but we have always seen things disappear each day. While some remained, it definitely wasn't fully decorated in comparison to what was there days prior. Now it depends on when Marathon weekend falls, but going after that point I wouldn't expect to get the full experience.

Upvote 0

yensid67

So thankful we went to the MVMCP so we were able to ride some rides and enjoy the parks when there's less of a crowd.
This is a very smart idea to avoid the crowds! Do something else during the day and then go to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party! If its like the Halloween Party, you can enter the parks as early as 4pm. The party doesn't start until 7pm. You will feel really good when you see everyone else HAVING to leave the MK! I am not sure about the times, but I am certain someone will correct that!

Upvote 0

ctcdisneymama

This is a very smart idea to avoid the crowds! Do something else during the day and then go to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party! If its like the Halloween Party, you can enter the parks as early as 4pm. The party doesn't start until 7pm. You will feel really good when you see everyone else HAVING to leave the MK! I am not sure about the times, but I am certain someone will correct that!
You are correct. We actually did a half day at HS and then headed over to MK around 4. it was great! once the crowd was gone i was able to walk on to space mountain. would really recommend the party!

Upvote 0

arich35

Original Poster
Thank you everyone for the responses. I think we are leaning towards the first week of December to go. Now just trying to decide which moderate resort to stay at between Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach

Upvote 0

OvertheHorizon

I visited WDW this December 3, 4, & 5, staying at the Caribbean Beach resort. Despite staying on property, and the ability to arrange FastPasses 60 days in advance, there were NO FastPasses available for Flight of Passage.

By next year, the new gondola service will be operational. There will be a gondola station at Caribbean Beach (not at Coronado Springs).

By early December, all of the parks are in their Christmas holiday finery. I recommend doing the dining package at one of the Epcot restaurants in order to assure your seating at the Candlelight Processional (3 shows nightly).

With the opening of the new Star Wars land at Hollywood Studios, expect that park to be jammed during your visit. You did not mention whether this would be your first visit to WDW or how familiar you are with the parks. The best advice I can give you is to familiarize yourself with the parks. You don't want to arrange a 9 a.m. FastPass for Big Thunder Mountain, then a 10 a.m. one for Space Mountain, only to be going back to Pirates of the Caribbean at 11 a.m. There's enough ground to cover without making it harder on yourself.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom