Holiday Trip Question

Megbutnotmegan

Original Poster
Hi! My parents and sister are both new DVC owners. Yay! People to take me to Disney! We are hoping to take our first DVC Trip for New Year’s Eve. I know we are crazy. My question is, how hard is it to book that week. Our plan is to book right at the 11 month mark for our home resort.

nickys

Premium Member
It
Hi! My parents and sister are both new DVC owners. Yay! People to take me to Disney! We are hoping to take our first DVC Trip for New Year’s Eve. I know we are crazy. My question is, how hard is it to book that week. Our plan is to book right at the 11 month mark for our home resort.

It depends on what you're looking for and where. What's their home resort and what kind of room are you trying to book? Studios will be very tough to get, the value rooms at AKL will be all but impossible. But if you can be flexible, i.e. have enough points to be able to book a 1 bed villa you may find it easier. They could pool points if they have the same home resort to book a bigger room, by either doing a transfer of points or by each booking one night each say.

Megbutnotmegan

Original Poster
It

It depends on what you're looking for and where. What's their home resort and what kind of room are you trying to book? Studios will be very tough to get, the value rooms at AKL will be all but impossible. But if you can be flexible, i.e. have enough points to be able to book a 1 bed villa you may find it easier. They could pool points if they have the same home resort to book a bigger room, by either doing a transfer of points or by each booking one night each say.
Thanks for the response! Ugh! They own Poly points and we definitely don’t have enough for a bungalow so we are hoping for studios. I guess I’ll be calling as early as I can and praying that I get something! Wish me luck!

nickys

Premium Member
Thanks for the response! Ugh! They own Poly points and we definitely don’t have enough for a bungalow so we are hoping for studios. I guess I’ll be calling as early as I can and praying that I get something! Wish me luck!

Good luck lol!

Edit: I would suggest the following to increase your chances

Have both Mom and Sis logged on ready to go on the dot. By the time you can call, the window has been open for online booking for an hour, and that's if you're first to be answered. Chances by then are slim to none.

Both should be trying to grab a studio, even if you are all planning to share one. You can always cancel one of them, and make someone else happy :)

Grab what you can, you can always phone Member Services to link odd nights together.

If you were logged on to get 31st Dec and it's gone. IMMEDIATELY go and waitlist it, just the one night. Quick and simplified explanation of waitlist follows

- you can have 2 waitlists going
- best to waitlist a single night on each
- if you have waitlisted both 31st and 1st in one request, both nights need to be available before yours will match. If Amy waitlists only the 31st a few days later, and the 31st becomes free, Amy will jump over you because that's all she wants.

Last edited:

Megbutnotmegan

Original Poster
Good luck lol!

Edit: I would suggest the following to increase your chances

Have both Mom and Sis logged on ready to go on the dot. By the time you can call, the window has been open for online booking for an hour, and that's if you're first to be answered. Chances by then are slim to none.

Both should be trying to grab a studio, even if you are all planning to share one. You can always cancel one of them, and make someone else happy :)

Grab what you can, you can always phone Member Services to link odd nights together.

If you were logged on to get 31st Dec and it's gone. IMMEDIATELY go and waitlist it, just the one night. Quick and simplified explanation of waitlist follows

- you can have 2 waitlists going
- best to waitlist a single night on each
- if you have waitlisted both 31st and 1st in one request, both nights need to be available before yours will match. If Amy waitlists only the 31st a few days later, and the 31st becomes free, Amy will jump over you because that's all she wants.
Thank you so much! This really helps me in terms of making a game plan. I’m the planner for every trip we take and this new twist is a real challenge. I figure if we can’t book the trip we want then I’ll just get to go sooner 😃

correcaminos

Be right on at 8 am too do it online. Go for standard view as there are more of them to get. Once you get both you can call later to have them linked as traveling together or connecting too. Don't wait to call.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom