Holiday filming for ABC specials to take place early November at Walt Disney World

PeoplemoverTTA

Great. Our last 3 days at WDW, they will be filming in the same parks that we will be in for those three days. How much disruption to the average park guest does this cause? Do the filming areas close off walkways and make foot traffic unbearable? The last thing I want is some D-list celebrity or some brown-nosing PAs to impact ours, or anyone elses, vacation. They are getting paid to be there, the rest of us are paying to be there.

We were there accidentally while they were filming and every day we were somewhere where they ended up filming. A few times it meant being re-routed, but honestly other than stopping to peek at celebrities (most of whom we didn't know, lol) and hearing Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood do a sound check, it really didn't impact our trip at all. We were only there 4 days and had FPs so we couldn't move our days around if we wanted to. Seriously, we were fine (2 adults and a 12-year old).

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm sure this is really petty, but I wish people would stop writing about "filming" something. Film is no longer used outside of movies - hasn't been for years. "Taping" is also incorrect, as video is recorded to either hard drives or chip arrays. So it's correct to talk about a shooting schedule, or an event being recorded, not filming or taping.

Sorry, been in the video production biz for most of my adult life, and this drives me nuts!
Everyone understands the meaning of 'Filming' - shooting, not so much.

IanDLBZF

This post is for informational purposes only. No need to discuss anything here.
Orlando Theme Park News reports that filming for upcoming TV specials will take place in the Oasis area of Disney's Animal Kingdom on Saturday, November 4. And as a result, the following changes will take place...
Winged Encounters, Tree of Life Awakenings, Discovery Island Carnivale, Viva Gaia Street Band!, and Sunset Serenatas:
  • Will not be presented
PhotoPass:
  • Will not be available in the Tree of Life Hub or on the Oasis bridge
Character Experiences:
  • Russell will relocate to the Flame Tree gate

Source: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2017/10/filming-to-take-place-at-disneys-animal.html

The Empress Lilly

This post is for informational purposes only. No need to discuss anything here.
Orlando Theme Park News reports that filming for upcoming TV specials will take place in the Oasis area of Disney's Animal Kingdom on Saturday, November 4. And as a result, the following changes will take place...
Winged Encounters, Tree of Life Awakenings, Discovery Island Carnivale, Viva Gaia Street Band!, and Sunset Serenatas:
  • Will not be presented
PhotoPass:
  • Will not be available in the Tree of Life Hub or on the Oasis bridge
Character Experiences:
  • Russell will relocate to the Flame Tree gate

Source: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2017/10/filming-to-take-place-at-disneys-animal.html
I disagree with everything you say. :devilish:

parker4fm

A few things to note:

1) The parade hasnt been shown live in years! There was no way to do this when they started to include Disneyland. The park wouldn’t even be open by that time of the morning.

2) Filming will take place in all of the WDW parks. Just as it did last year.

3) Regular guests can attend these tapings. The tickets for cast members get them into the parks at designated times. If a regular guest is in the park at that time, they can line up to get into the taping area.

parker4fm

As soon as I know where the filming locations are for each day, I am going to avoid those areas like the plague, unless I have an ADR or FP. Not really impressed with the timing of this.

Hi! I’ve been to the tapings a few years in quite a few of the parks. These performances never cause an impact to guest flow. There’s plenty of walkways around them. ALSO, I would encourage you to go and look. I’ve seen Mary J. Blige, Justin Bieber, Demi Lovato, and Kelly Clarkston to name a few. The talent is usually quite awesome!

prberk

I'm sure this is really petty, but I wish people would stop writing about "filming" something. Film is no longer used outside of movies - hasn't been for years. "Taping" is also incorrect, as video is recorded to either hard drives or chip arrays. So it's correct to talk about a shooting schedule, or an event being recorded, not filming or taping.

Sorry, been in the video production biz for most of my adult life, and this drives me nuts!

Everyone understands the meaning of 'Filming' - shooting, not so much.

Times change - so does the English language. I don't blame people for using the wrong term. But it's time for people to start using the right one.

Then perhaps the "right one" might best be the most accurate and descriptive, which would be "recording" -- as they are making a "record" or "recording" of the event, on whatever media is used.

But you must understand that the language evolves, adapting and co-opting things as it goes. "Filming" is a much more broadly understood term for "recording the image on a visual media" than "shooting" by itself is. Even though it might be technically correct, it can also be misunderstood and misquoted. What would you think most people would think happened if they saw the headline, "Shooting Took Place at Walt Disney World Yesterday"?

So, since the point of language is to communicate effectively, I think that you are more likely to see "Filming Took Place at Walt Disney World" than the other, at least for public consumption. Now, in a video production trade magazine, that may be completely different.

yensid67

it all boils down to individual tastes...either you go and enjoy the parks with little impact from filming or you go and deal with the filming and let it ruin your day? Its good to see behind the scenes if you are into that kinda stuff, but if you're not...just go on like nothing is happeneing and adjust!

dvitali

A few things to note:

1) The parade hasnt been shown live in years! There was no way to do this when they started to include Disneyland. The park wouldn’t even be open by that time of the morning.

2) Filming will take place in all of the WDW parks. Just as it did last year.

3) Regular guests can attend these tapings. The tickets for cast members get them into the parks at designated times. If a regular guest is in the park at that time, they can line up to get into the taping area.
#1) what is your definition of the word “Live” ? when Disney Blog and other YouTuber did a Live Stream last year on the Computer they did it from the curb in front of the train station. I am waiting to hear if Disney Blog will do it again this year. Love that I got to see the parade at 9pm at night.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom