holiday decorations still up in early January?

enough

Does anyone know if holiday decorations are still up around the parks in early January? My trip begins Jan 8th and I have never seen the parks all done up in holiday decorations before - I'm hoping some of it will still be around then.

enough

Original Poster
I am sure that with my luck they'll have the St. Patrick's day decorations up when I'm there :(

oh well, it's just an excuse to go back some year when they are up!

Upvote 0

majorrfb

Out of luck

Does anyone know if holiday decorations are still up around the parks in early January? My trip begins Jan 8th and I have never seen the parks all done up in holiday decorations before - I'm hoping some of it will still be around then.

Holiday decorations come down fast, as other responders have illuminated too. By the time you arrive, there might be some residual decorations still up, the the majority of the decorations will be down. Good luck!! :xmas:

Upvote 0

DisneyDreamer08

We were there Jan 19th-26th in 2008. All decorations were down except in DHS, some of the Osbourne lights were still up. They never lit them but you could still clearly see them on some of the building fronts.

Upvote 0

hokielutz

I was there this year from January 9th to the 17th, and I can tell you that pretty much everything was down, or switched off by that time. (lights stay on through New Years) They were in the process of removing the dream lights with a crane, and were nightly working to remove bits and pieces of the Osborne lights package. But all of the wreaths, garlands, trees, were for the most part, gone by this time in January.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.... but the Holiday decorations last for about 2 months total.... and the retail world is catching up on Disney's timetable.

If you are booked for that time in January... watch out for the Disney Marathon weekend.... you do not want to be in EPCOT on the days the Marathon races are running. And if you stay in the Contemporary with a park view...you will get to hear the bullhorns and cowbells at the crack of dawn as the racers go past you towards the MK.

Oh... did I mention the Brazilian tour groups use this time of year to flood WDW with annoying groups of people that literally take over attraction queues?

Other than those two items... we had a great time there in January.

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

We were there that week this past January and there were no lights. We could see the strings of them (Osborne Lights) but they were in the process of coming down.

Upvote 0

enough

Original Poster
If you are booked for that time in January... watch out for the Disney Marathon weekend....

I'm headed there to run it!!

And I have heard that even with the whole country of Brazil taking over things are relatively quiet that time of year, so I am sure it'll be easier to navigate than the middle of June.

Too bad about the decorations though - maybe another trip...

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

I'm headed there to run it!!

And I have heard that even with the whole country of Brazil taking over things are relatively quiet that time of year, so I am sure it'll be easier to navigate than the middle of June.

Too bad about the decorations though - maybe another trip...

If you were going down the week before the marathon, you might catch some stuff the first few days. Come the actual marathon though, all the "decorations" should be gone. You may still see some holiday displays up in the stores, but that's about it. Last marathon trip we saw 1 tree at DTD the night we arrived, and that was it except for some displays in store. (We are going down a few days earlier this year to catch at least 1 day before it's all gone)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom