News Holiday decor and entertainment to expand to all lands at Disney's Animal Kingdom in 2019

peter11435

The fact that it took 20 years to properly decorate a full theme park for the holiday season adequately explains where WDWs priorities have been during that time. If it couldn't be uncharged, it wasn't viable.

I'm fine with premium offerings and events, but detailed holiday decorating should be baseline for every Disney park.
The magic kingdom will be 50 years old soon and they have never properly decorated the full park. The decorations are basically confined to Main Street with some minimal effort along the parade route in liberty square and Frontierland.

mm52200

I want to love this but..... in this moment I'm hoping it translates better in person than it does on the artist renderings. And many times in the recent past it has so I am hopeful for that. I'm also not very excited for yet another dance party. I agree with the critique on this forum that those are becoming a little bit too often and way over played. WDW is definitely in a dance party rut.

Wow, aren't I the Debbie Downer? Let's in a positive note. I applaud any effort from Walt Disney World to up its ante when it comes to its regular holiday offerings. I don't know that they have successfully replaced the Osborne lights, truly Hollywood Studios has done this with some degree of success. I Hope Animal Kingdom can pull it off as well. Interesting read about the holiday offerings within Asia at the park, it almost hits to a holiday version of rivers of light?
Dance party is the same one that has been in Dinoland since they added Donald’s Dino Bash, just a simple Christmas overlay being added.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
That's right the pilgrims.... I mean humans have taken their land. So I guess they can do whatever they want.

Everything about Pandora shows a human community having learned from past mistakes and fully committed to respecting the Na'vi... even getting their permission to partake in riding the Banshee.

But don't let reality stop you from lying about Pandora in your rush to make hate points against Disney.

DisneyDebRob

We can all agree that when Disney decides to go all out with decorations they do a great job. We can also agree for the most part, the parks aren’t fully decorated and could go a lot further in the effort to do so, especially MK after you leave Main Street. When they decide to make change for the positive, like what they are doing here I can give them credit. Should they have done these type of things years ago? Of course but this is a step. And it’s not a up charge. Bravo Disney in realizing, even if it’s 20 years late, that this is what’s needed. Now keep going.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Everything about Pandora shows a human community having learned from past mistakes and fully committed to respecting the Na'vi... even getting their permission to partake in riding the Banshee.

But don't let reality stop you from lying about Pandora in your rush to make hate points against Disney.
You do know it's all fake, right?

ToTBellHop

The magic kingdom will be 50 years old soon and they have never properly decorated the full park. The decorations are basically confined to Main Street with some minimal effort along the parade route in liberty square and Frontierland.
Yeah. And Tomorrowland. And New Fantasyland. And Adventureland.

Have you been to MK during the three months of Christmas?

I have been extremely impressed at the full holiday package the last few years. 5 years ago it had stagnated and was unimpressive. Additions to DHS, MVMCP (this year includes) and now DAK reverse that.

Disney can’t ever please us.

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

I want to love this but..... in this moment I'm hoping it translates better in person than it does on the artist renderings. And many times in the recent past it has so I am hopeful for that. I'm also not very excited for yet another dance party. I agree with the critique on this forum that those are becoming a little bit too often and way over played. WDW is definitely in a dance party rut.

Wow, aren't I the Debbie Downer? Let's in a positive note. I applaud any effort from Walt Disney World to up its ante when it comes to its regular holiday offerings. I don't know that they have successfully replaced the Osborne lights, truly Hollywood Studios has done this with some degree of success. I Hope Animal Kingdom can pull it off as well. Interesting read about the holiday offerings within Asia at the park, it almost hits to a holiday version of rivers of light?

Nothing can replace the Osborne lights! OK now I am thinking about the loss of the Osborne lights. Now I am sad.

dreamfinder

The fact that it took 20 years to properly decorate a full theme park for the holiday season adequately explains where WDWs priorities have been during that time. If it couldn't be uncharged, it wasn't viable.

I'm fine with premium offerings and events, but detailed holiday decorating should be baseline for every Disney park.

I'd take a very different approach on this. Holiday decorations at AK used to be constrained to an area where it wouldn't impact the overall theming. Camp Minnie Mickey wasn't Asia, or Africa, so Christmas decorations aren't in the least bit out of place. Ditto for Dinoland. But stuffing Christmas decorations in places that thematically don't celebrate the holidays remotely the same way Americans do kinda smashes any attempt at theming. Keeping that section of Asia in more of a Diwali vibe is a good compromise in my mind (IE how Epcot shows the holidays in the countries that may not necessarily be Christmas), but it didn't really fit until they rethemed the Flights of Wonder to India vs generic Asia.

peter11435

Yeah. And Tomorrowland. And New Fantasyland. And Adventureland.

Have you been to MK during the three months of Christmas?
View attachment 374607View attachment 374608View attachment 374609

I have been extremely impressed at the full holiday package the last few years. 5 years ago it had stagnated and was unimpressive. Additions to DHS, MVMCP (this year includes) and now DAK reverse that.

Disney can’t ever please us.
It’s definitely gotten better. But I wouldn’t say a single attraction in Adventureland, a single stage in Tomorrowland, and a tiny corner of Fantasyland counts as the park being fully decorated. I look towards Disneyland to see what a fully decorated park should look like and I’m not referring to the attraction overlays.

Studios is perfect and I have no issues with Epcot of Dak. There’s just lots of room for improvement in liberty square and Frontierland and parts of Fantasyland

MickeyMouse10

The article you couldn't be bothered to read very clearly answers this question.

What are you even going on about here? Do you even know?

Is there any way we can get you to actually read the linked article so you don't make a fool of yourself by asking clearly answered questions in your rush to score hate points at Disney?

I read the article thoroughly before commenting and I still disagree with Christmas being in Pandora. I don't go to my Jewish friends house and say "What are you doing? Put up a fricking tree."

Last edited:

Castle Cake Apologist

I read the article thoroughly before commenting and I still disagree with Christmas being in Pandora. I don't go to my Jewish friends house and say "What are doing? Put up a fricking tree."

It really doesn't seem like you did, unless your reading comprehension is just that poor.

The only Christmas display in Pandora will be in Pongu Pongu, which (in the story of the land) is a food location for humans ran by humans in a facility built by humans that has only ever been used by humans. Your analogy makes no sense.

A more accurate analogy would be if you celebrate Christmas and decorate your own house while leaving your Jewish friend's house alone.

ETA: Corrected Satu'li Canteen to Pongu Pongu

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

It really doesn't seem like you did, unless your reading comprehension is just that poor.

The only Christmas display in Pandora will be in Satu'li Canteen, which (in the story of the land) is a food location for humans ran by humans in a facility built by humans that has only ever been used by humans. Your analogy makes no sense.

A more accurate analogy would be if you celebrate Christmas and decorate your own house while leaving your Jewish friend's house alone.

There's no need to be a jerk about it. I just disagree with Christmas being in Pandora. Maybe you should just relax and take a chill pill.

No, but if you moved to another country, regardless of anyone else, you’d still celebrate Christmas in your home.

This isn't just in a home this is out for everyone to see.

ToTBellHop

There's no need to be a jerk about it. I just disagree with Christmas being in Pandora. Maybe you should just relax and take a chill pill.

This isn't just in a home this is out for everyone to see.
You aren’t representing the story of the land. Guests are being welcomed to visit facilities built by humans (in this case, a former RDA mess hall). It would be like me inviting someone to visit my lab. My lab has a Christmas tree in December.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom