News Holiday crowds at Walt Disney World theme parks 2022

NotCalledBob

Boxing day DAK watch.

It was actually quite delightful yesterday.

Today not so much.

4 hour for FOP. 2 hours for K Safari.

Ouch.

I did notice yesterday that a lot of rides were down for maintenance for a long time particularly at MK. Probably a skeleton maintenance crew. But, Christmas Day looks like the nicest day to go over the holidays so far.

Last edited:

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Boxing day DAK watch.

It was actually quite delightful yesterday.

Today not so much.

4 hour for FOP. 2 hours for K Safari.

Ouch.

I did notice yesterday that a lot of rides were down for maintenance for a long time particularly at MK. Probably a skeleton maintenance crew. But, Christmas Day looks like the nicest day to go over the holidays so far.
Many outdoor rides were down due to temps and so many flights were cancelled and delayed, yesterday was surprisingly not as bad as expected

NotCalledBob

I'm not sure the weather difference can be blamed for all the difference in today and yesterday. Though probably for some of it.

People are waiting 2 full hours for NRJ today, in their wisdom.

Also, 90 minutes for Mission Space.

A lot of Christmas cheer getting people through those queue lines today.

I wish them all the Christmas luck in the World.

Ayla

I'm not sure the weather difference can be blamed for all the difference in today and yesterday. Though probably for some of it.

People are waiting 2 full hours for NRJ today, in their wisdom.

Also, 90 minutes for Mission Space.

A lot of Christmas cheer getting people through those queue lines today.

I wish them all the Christmas luck in the World.
It's the busiest week of the year at WDW. No one should be surprised by the wait times.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
🤣

E90497E6-1889-4529-B704-C461C39D7CE4.jpeg

Remember: The Park Reservation system is to enhance the guest experience!

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

DisneyDreamer08

A little late to the party, but I was in Disney last January when 2 days were in the 30’s and 40’s. No rides closed due to the cold but, the big animals on the Safari were not out (elephants, giraffes, zebras etc) and the gorillas were not out on their trail. I had to rearrange things a bit but obviously understandable.

Biff215

We visited WDW during this week years ago and experienced similar crowds. Christmas Eve and Day were busy but tolerable. Every day after that was uncomfortably crowded and we were more than happy to leave just before NYE when it truly peaks.

WorldExplorer

In other fun news they never bothered to update the app with the showtimes for all the Holiday stuff at the MK this week.

Similar but less egregious; the Daruma doll Storyteller in Epcot has been absent from the app map this whole time.

Which reminds me; are there ever showtimes for the lion dancer? I really wanted to see it but every time I checked it had no showtimes. Did it happen this year?

pixargal

Similar but less egregious; the Daruma doll Storyteller in Epcot has been absent from the app map this whole time.

Which reminds me; are there ever showtimes for the lion dancer? I really wanted to see it but every time I checked it had no showtimes. Did it happen this year?
Yes, the lion dancer was there when we went Thanksgiving weekend. The performance was short, but sweet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom