Holiday Crowds 2018

iMax

Original Poster
Here's the current scene in Magic Kingdom today, more than sure it's only going to continue to get worse as the days go by until after New Year's Day.
951ED9F0-8164-48DC-A9B7-0C78B59627B3.jpeg

mikejs78

Premium Member
I don't doubt that it's crowded today. But you can go in on almost any given day and take a photo of a chokepoint that looks like this... Hard to say how crowded it actually is based on that.

iMax

Original Poster
I don't doubt that it's crowded today. But you can go in on almost any given day and take a photo of a chokepoint that looks like this... Hard to say how crowded it actually is based on that.

Park attendance is at 80k today...if that's not crowded then idk what is.

mikejs78

Premium Member
MK cast member, Phase 1 is usually around 90k.
Has it been lighter on party days? I've been wondering if the huge increase in the number of party days has significantly upped the attendance on non-party days at MK, and upped the attendance at the other 3 parks on party days.

iMax

Original Poster
Has it been lighter on party days? I've been wondering if the huge increase in the number of party days has significantly upped the attendance on non-party days at MK, and upped the attendance at the other 3 parks on party days.

Party day attendence is usually low since everyone who is attending the party comes in at 4, once everyone leaves they usually head to Epcot for F&W/HATW. The big draw for the upped attendence on non-party nights is HEA.

Disneyfreak Jen

I was at MK last Saturday, the 8th, in the evening. Total mob scene. It was one of the few non-party days and the park extended their hours to midnight a few weeks prior to my arrival. It was initially 10p, then moved to 11p, then midnight.
I didn’t stay very long. Dinner at CHH, then Tiki and Country Bears. In Country Bears we were shoulder to shoulder, was a packed show.
I broke my own rule that I set for myself a few years ago.....no MK on Saturdays! I obviously reinstated that rule for my next trip 🤨

JIMINYCR

Days like those make me appreciate sitting home. Its times like these that I'm glad I dont have a Disney trip in progress. Frustration, annoyances, lines, extended waits, slooow transportation, .... no thanks.

The_Jobu

Just got back from a two week stay.

Crowd calendars are now officially useless. Days projected as 1s and 2s were packed. Massive lines for everything, even stores, popcorn, coffee, whatever. If it's in the park, there's a line for it. Never saw any 5 min walk-ons except for rare occasions, even at park close.

Didn't see any overflowing trashbins though.

Nemo14

I was at MK last Saturday, the 8th, in the evening. Total mob scene. It was one of the few non-party days and the park extended their hours to midnight a few weeks prior to my arrival. It was initially 10p, then moved to 11p, then midnight.
I didn’t stay very long. Dinner at CHH, then Tiki and Country Bears. In Country Bears we were shoulder to shoulder, was a packed show.
I broke my own rule that I set for myself a few years ago.....no MK on Saturdays! I obviously reinstated that rule for my next trip 🤨
I was there Saturday too, and actually went to 3 parks. All were packed by noon, although MK was pretty empty first thing in the morning.

ToTBellHop

To add some real data other than “OMG NEVER AGAIN! I WAS TRAMPLED!”

25919A7B-9046-4F09-A504-8592ADA7C94A.png
A53C7653-6978-49EF-B445-F184026DA276.png
11B407B7-B41B-475B-8843-CFD3ADAE7FF0.png
D5EC077D-6C14-4113-9970-176758C9BDA0.png
4B2D3379-670B-4175-9111-E50CA28DFC8B.png

While it may surprise some as it is only 12/16, MK and Epcot seem pretty manageable tonight and all four parks seem “normal”. DHS and DAK just don’t have enough rides to manage any crowds. August is really the only quiet season anymore, but you can still get on rides this week, especially early.

In regard to some reports here, I would never step foot in MK on a Saturday any week of the year, especially not during Party season. Actually I’d never set foot in MK on a non-party night, but I have the luxury of seeing HEA at different times of year.

iMax

Original Poster
To add some real data other than “OMG NEVER AGAIN! I WAS TRAMPLED!”

View attachment 333799View attachment 333800View attachment 333801View attachment 333802View attachment 333803

While it may surprise some as it is only 12/16, MK and Epcot seem pretty manageable tonight and all four parks seem “normal”. DHS and DAK just don’t have enough rides to manage any crowds. August is really the only quiet season anymore, but you can still get on rides this week, especially early.

In regard to some reports here, I would never step foot in MK on a Saturday any week of the year, especially not during Party season. Actually I’d never set foot in MK on a non-party night, but I have the luxury of seeing HEA at different times of year.

MK's low wait times is probably because of the Christmas party tonight.

Joesixtoe

Because of work I can normally only go on Saturdays, and I thankfully get to go quite a bit. This past Saturday I got there by 1:30 and I did Pirates, tea cups, people mover, space mountain, watched a show at the castle, thunder mountain, and ate at pacos bill, then left by 6. So in 4 1/2 hrs we did 6 things. Then went to studios by 7, watched the Christmas lights show on sunset Blvd, tower of terror, midway mania and watched jingle bam. Park closed by 830. Its always busy, and even on weekdays its busy, but if you use fast pass right, you can still do a lot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom