Holiday Cast Member Discounts

WDWFigment

Original Poster
So I know Cast Members get 40% off all merchandise during the holidays (or until the peak season, rather), are there any other 'special' discounts offered during this time? I once seem to recall hearing that resort rooms have a bit higher percent off at that time.

sissa216

from what I remember, the resort discount was higher (maybe up to 50? 60?).
And we got vouchers for a sit down meal at most restaurants (or at least it was largely discounted), a free photopass photo, and a few free snacks. :shrug: It's been a few years
The 40% merch was the best though!

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Thanks for the info...anyone else able to confirm that the resort discount is, in fact, higher still?

Captain Hank

Yeah, I think so. At least, last year it was (I think). Something like 60% off. I know that we got 50% off of two table-service meals (one inside a park, and another at a resort or Downtown Disney). Also, several coupons for free boxes of popcorn and the free Photopass picture mentioned earlier.

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Thanks, Hank. Two more, possibly dumb, question. Is the 60% off good for rooms for you, yourself, only, or is it also good for friends/family members? (The "other guest bedroom" rate?)

Is the Holiday rate available when booking at any time, as long as it's for the Holidays (say I wanted to book in May for an early December trip...would the discount be 'available'?) or is it something that's announced/implemented close to the holiday season? Thanks!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
They give you a booklet with all the discounts (or atleast they did) and the resort stay is valid for certain dates. Meal coupons are good for a year with blackout days and locations. The popcorn/coke vouchers are good for a few months.

You should also get some sort of gift - I've got a nifty paperweight, a lazer-image photo holder, and a silver book-fold photoframe.

Captain Hank

mousermerf said:
They give you a booklet with all the discounts (or atleast they did) and the resort stay is valid for certain dates. Meal coupons are good for a year with blackout days and locations. The popcorn/coke vouchers are good for a few months.

You should also get some sort of gift - I've got a nifty paperweight, a lazer-image photo holder, and a silver book-fold photoframe.
Yeah, what Merf said.

The booklet is mailed to your home address, while the gift is picked up at a central location at your home park or resort, or is distributed by your department.

I'm pretty sure that the 60% is only applicable to stays with the CM in the room. I don't recall whether there was any effect upon the friends/family discount, though that may have been bumped up too. I don't believe that the discount is valid until it is "announced." You should be getting the booklet in late October.

For a bit more information, do a search on The Hub in the Walt Disney World tab for "Disney Family Holiday Celebration 2006." It's last year's info, but I doubt that much will change for this year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom