Holding for ADR - so nervous!!

pjulie75

Original Poster
Hi Everyone, I am holding for my reservations and have butterflies, everyone keep your fingers crossed for me, wish me luck. It is so exciting holding listening to the music, Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me, I am getting really excited:animwink: I think I might burst!!:lol:

sueuk

I hope you're having good luck with them, I'll be making our ADRs just about the time you must be going. My Cirque tickets have just arrived today - yippee.

Ghall

Just wondering, how long are you on hold for ADR's? I am also waiting to make ADR's and have been holding for the last 24 minutes. Not sure to keep holding on as I am calling international from Ireland. Is there a better time of day to call?

pjulie75

Original Poster
I got on phone just after 11am, i have been holding for 36 minutes, I have a few so far, but it takes ages

pjulie75

Original Poster
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH, the ADR system has just crashed and he needs to start again, oh no!!

want2betink

I got on as soon as they opened when I made mine (3/6). I spend a total of 48 minutes. I got reservations from old system (CRT and Chef Mickeys) plus from the new system. After reading the threads, I was a nervous mess, but it was okay. And hey, I even managed CRT! That was a miracle:ROFLOL:

pjulie75

Original Poster
I am still on phone 1 hr 45 minutes have got everything I want so well worth it, don't know how much a 2hr call costs though from UK!!:ROFLOL:Even got Poly on 4th of July to see fireworks YIPEE!!

pjulie75

Original Poster
Just finished, so excited, all booked, very lengthy call but well worth it. I AM AMAZED everything worked out, it feels real now, we are really going!!!!:sohappy:

Ghall

After 2 phones calls and 2 hours on the phone, I have now just booked for our first 6 days. With the 5 hour time difference between Ireland and Florida, I have to keep going out on the school runs as it is now the afternoon here. So I am about to make my 3 phone call to book some more ADR's and as we are on the deluxe Dinning plan and are staying for 14 nights, I have many more to make! That will be another hour on the phone from Ireland. Don't want to think of the phone bill!!!

ToTBellHop

It is best to NOT call right at 7 am when the lines open. Everyone who calls then seems to be on hold for an absurd amount of time. Wait til 9 am and you will probably be on hold for <10 minutes.

pjulie75

Original Poster
We booked BBB for the girls on our first full day at the park 6pm. (do you think this is too late, I thought they might be too hot and bothered to get it done earlier, we are from Scotland and not used to heat??)

1900 Park at the Grand Floridian for Dinner then a speciality cruise to watch fireworks at Magic Kingdom. (cruise is a surprise - I am going to just walk down after dinner and surprise them!!).

Fantastic Dinner at Hollywood & Vine.

Crystal Palace Character Breakfast.

Tusker Character Breakfast.

Polynesian Ohana for Dinner 4th of July - YIPEE

Norwegian Storybook Dinner Norway.

Also booked in the kids for a Caribean Pirate Cruise.

What do you think? I thought a few breakfast and dinners, don't want to plan out our whole holiday, but I am pleased with what we have. Can't wait to watch 4th of July fireworks at the Poly. Can we drive to there rather than taking the Monorail?

:p

Ghall

When you say that you booked BBB, I assume that you mean Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique? As we travel international too, I know from experience that it takes a few days to get into the 5 hour time difference and on the first few days my kids and myself are ready for bed by 6pm american time! Maybe do the BBB in the morning time and let the girls go around all day like little princesses!

alecshawn

I dont understand all the issues with adr's.
We make ALOT of ressies knowing we will only use some of them.
Honestly, i think i have always gotten pretty much what i wanted.
I.E. we will ressie for 3 different places within 2 hours of each other....
Then, the day of, choose which one we want to use.
Alot of folks i chat with do this and it works well.
I learned it from the C.M. at Le-cellier.
Just do what it takes to ensure your vacation goes well.

lilclerk

I don't mean to start anything, but that is why people have trouble getting reservations. Do you at least cancel the ones you're not using the morning of so people can try to get a same day/walk-up reservation?

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hi Everyone, I am holding for my reservations and have butterflies, everyone keep your fingers crossed for me, wish me luck. It is so exciting holding listening to the music, Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me, I am getting really excited:animwink: I think I might burst!!:lol:

How is it going??? I hope it is going well!! :wave:

pjulie75

Original Poster
Got on great thanks, I posted my ressies a few posts back have a look. I am holding again to try and change a time - my husband will flip when he sees phone bill!!:lol:

Auroragirl

Honestly, i think i have always gotten pretty much what i wanted.
I.E. we will ressie for 3 different places within 2 hours of each other....
Then, the day of, choose which one we want to use.
Alot of folks i chat with do this and it works well.
I learned it from the C.M. at Le-cellier.
Just do what it takes to ensure your vacation goes well.

What???? So you take up a total of 3 reservations (2 of which two other families could take) and the day of you choose which one to go to? Thats not being very respectful to other people & the vacation they are spending $ for as well. They are just trying to get reservations for the same resturant and times that you have; that you'll probably not use! Hmmm.... :eek: thats not right.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom