Hogsmeade vs Pandora

Better land?

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
Both lands are highly immersive and well themed. Both have excellent rides (Hagrids, Forbidden Journey and Flight of Passage). Both do well capturing the movies they're based on. Both have incredible details everywhere throughout. Better land?

Universal anuncia experiências especiais para a temporada de Natal

6 empty sunrise photos of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Can You Do Both Wizarding World's Of Harry Potter In One Day

vs.

Footer | Explore Orlando | O seu guia completo da cidade
Disney 4 Tickets – Orlando Park Deals

Last edited:

DisneyMusician2

I think the interactive elements in Harry Potter make it the superior land, but I also know many people can't afford the wand entrance price to experience some of those things.

JohnD

I think the interactive elements in Harry Potter make it the superior land, but I also know many people can't afford the wand entrance price to experience some of those things.

In HP, you pay to design a wand. In Pandora, you pay to design a banshee. Both are great lands and each has rides, but I think Hogsmeade has the edge.

DisneyMusician2

In HP, you pay to design a wand. In Pandora, you pay to design a banshee. Both are great lands and each has rides, but I think Hogsmeade has the edge.
Agreed, but is there an interactive element to the banshees? I do like the idea that you can buy a wand and use it around the land to make some fun stuff happen!

Michaelson

I only voted 'Hogsmead' due to the fact I never got 'into' the Avatar film genre and so quite frankly there's not much there that interests me. Hogsmead, on the other hand, I DO understand and follow, so it was sort of a 'no-brainer' for me.

Regards! Michaelson

JohnD

Agreed, but is there an interactive element to the banshees? I do like the idea that you can buy a wand and use it around the land to make some fun stuff happen!

With the land, no? The "interaction" is your pushing the controls to make it move or whatever. I haven't bought one myself but may at some point.

In the Parks
Yes
I only voted 'Hogsmead' due to the fact I never got 'into' the Avatar film genre and so quite frankly there's not much there that interests me. Hogsmead, on the other hand, I DO understand and follow, so it was sort of a 'no-brainer' for me.

Regards! Michaelson
I'm sort of the opposite - I'm neutral on the Avatar film but actively dislike Harry Potter (and no I'm not going to explain why), so for me, it's Pandora by default.

But really, if there was a third choice on this poll, my vote would go to "Other: Pandora, except it was Beastly Kingdom All Along." Or perhaps "Other: Pandora, but it was built in Hollywood Studios."

JIMINYCR

Neither Avatar or the HP films thrill me, but Ive experienced both lands for the theming and attractions. As much as I hate to give Uni a nod over WDW...gosh, I cant remember when the last time I did.... I have to say Hogsmeade.

Jrb1979

I personally don't care for either IP or most IP for that matter. Theming doesn't mean much either. For me it comes down to which has she better rides. Hogsmeade wins hands down. Hagrids and Forbidden Journey are way better then either Avatar ride.

Dog Ate Mouse

I thought about this and it came down first to what I liked better far as movie wise. I love HP and was not really a big AV fan. Add in the theming and I gravitate towards to HP. Then add in the rides and HP wins again.

It all comes down to what you really like or or love or not. I can relate to HP so much more and simply love everything about HP vs Avatar.

This is my opinion and does not mean it is correct for you. There is no wrong choice here. It all comes down to what you love.

TotallyBiased

Never could get into Potter. Tried a few times and fell asleep in every movie, so haven't any draw to it. Enjoyed Pandora, but didn't see the film until a year or two ago because the over-hype was nauseating. But the land is more my style, water falls, nature, despite the -shaped light plants (wife pointed it out). Pandora for me.

UNCgolf

I think Pandora is better than Hogsmeade -- Hogsmeade was disappointing to me; it's very small and they completely wasted Hogwarts -- and I think both Flight of Passage and Na'vi River Journey are better than Forbidden Journey, which is the most uncomfortable ride I've ever been on. I have not been on Hagrid's, but it doesn't look great to me (roller coasters don't do much for me unless they're really elaborately themed).

With that said, Diagon Alley is better than Pandora even if the attraction is worse, because it's so incredibly well designed.

Last edited:

BubbaisSleep

Hogsmeade for sure.
Pandora, like Galaxy Edge, are beautiful lands but that's all they are, beautiful. I'm pretty done with the lands after the rides.
FOP is a great ride but it's a screen based ride, I'll take Hagrid's & FJ.
Plus I enjoy the small things in the land, like the Ollivanders show, Hogs Head Bar, butterbeer & window shopping with my wand after a few drinks. ☺️

jpinkc

Hogsmeade for sure.
Pandora, like Galaxy Edge, are beautiful lands but that's all they are, beautiful. I'm pretty done with the lands after the rides.
FOP is a great ride but it's a screen based ride, I'll take Hagrid's & FJ.
Plus I enjoy the small things in the land, like the Ollivanders show, Hogs Head Bar, butterbeer & window shopping with my wand after a few drinks. ☺️
The Frog Choir is pretty entertaining as well.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Another vote for Hogsmeade

There's more attachment to Potter than there is to a 12 year old movie that most kids (and some adults) don't really identify with. Pandora theming is good, but not at the level of Hogsmeade or Diagon for that matter. FoP is a great ride. Navi is meh.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
My perspective... I'm more of a Potter fan in terms of the films (although I don't really like the Potter films, I do like the books - didn't really like Avatar at all). I'm also not a big thrill ride person. I enjoy the well done ones, but don't 'need' them to enjoy my time in a land or park.

Hogsmeade is going to (relatively) easily win over Potter fans (who vastly outnumber Avatar fans) as well as thrill seekers (coaster with a unique element and almost totally unique Kuka robocoaster). It also has quite a bit more to it, with (depending on how you look at it) 3-5 attractions. But, to my mind, the actual theming of the land of Pandora is far more impressive. Yes, Hogsmeade looks like the movie sets, but that shouldn't be that hard, right? Making building and castle facades is not all that difficult or unique. Did they do an exceptional job with it, yes! But is it really that complicated or special (other than making visitors feel like they are in the movie)?

Pandora has floating mountains and waterfalls coming from said floating mountains, which is not something that you see very often. Yes, we all know how they did it, but it's far more complicated and special than a faux British town and castle (IMHO). Sadly, Pandora only really has 2 attractions. While not quite as thrilling, I would argue that Flight of Passage is very close to the same level of unique as Forbidden Journey. The visuals of Na'vi River are exceptional, but Hagrid's also has some great visuals plus adds a level of thrill and the unique drop. And then Hogsmeade also has Hippogriff, Ollivander's, and the Hogwarts Express.

So, in terms of the land itself, I think that Pandora is far more exceptional than Hogsmeade but that Hogsmeade is much more appealing to a much larger audience. In terms of attractions, Hogsmeade is certainly more superior but the attractions of Pandora are certainly excellent as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom