Hogsmeade vs Pandora

Better land?

• Total voters

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Another reason why I rate Pandora as last among the three (Diagon, Hogsmeade, Pandora - in that order) is because I can see the floating mountains from AK's parking lot. I wish they could have hidden those somehow so as not to sorta ruin the illusion of one's first entrance into the land itself (having already seen it from the outside).

They're also visible from the highways around the park. I like to believe the choice to not hide the tops was 100% intentional as an homage to the history of Hollywood Studios. From outside it's supposed to look like a movie set and then once inside you're supposed to feel like you're in the movie / in the world itself.

OG Runner

I am not trying to be a total wiseguy here, but I actually feel Diagon Alley is the most immersive.
Hogsmeade is boarder very closely by other parts of the park. The new Velocicoaster coming by
the back of the restaurants. When you enter into Diagon Alley you are definitely is a more immersive
area.

OG Runner

They're also visible from the highways around the park. I like to believe the choice to not hide the tops was 100% intentional as an homage to the history of Hollywood Studios. From outside it's supposed to look like a movie set and then once inside you're supposed to feel like you're in the movie / in the world itself.

I have to disagree. How does what you can see from outside the park make the land less immersive when you are in the park.
You know you can see the back of Hogwart's castle from a high school that borders the Universal property. That doesn't take
away from how immersive the land is, when you are in the land.

DisneyMusician2

I don't know if it was intentional, but I don't think its necessary to hide them from people driving by. As a matter of fact I'd want people going wow floating mountains how much does it cost to go see those.

orlandogal22

I'm unfamiliar what highways you can see them from? The 429? There aren't any highways that are bordering AK.

I just think it'd be great if they could have hidden them better - somehow (they are imagineers, after all ;) ) from the parking lot, as I believe would have been done years ago.

orlandogal22

I have to disagree. How does what you can see from outside the park make the land less immersive when you are in the park.
You know you can see the back of Hogwart's castle from a high school that borders the Universal property. That doesn't take
away from how immersive the land is, when you are in the land.

This is true. You do see a bit of areas on Turkey Lake Rd (you're referring to Dr. Phillips High). I don't know why I think that seeing Pandora from the parking lot ruins it more for me than seeing bits and pieces of Hogsmeade (or even Volcano Bay) from Turkey Lake. 🤣 I guess I kinda liken it to the fact that you can now see this big hulking building where Guardians is going to be, and it kinda ruins the sightline (so to speak) for me in traditionally only see the geosphere upon walking toward the entrance to EPCOT. Kinda ruins the illusion I'm really stepping into a whole new world (sorry, Aladdin, no pun intended).

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I'm unfamiliar what highways you can see them from? The 429? There aren't any highways that are bordering AK.

I just think it'd be great if they could have hidden them better - somehow (they are imagineers, after all ;) ) from the parking lot, as I believe would have been done years ago.

For some reason I was thinking about the Galaxy's Edge spires over at Hollywood Studios, the ones on like giant spheres from outside the park but are "on point" visually inside the park. I have no idea how my mind THAT FAR off. 😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom