Hogsmeade vs Pandora

Better land?

• Total voters

sonoma15

Hogsmeade wins for rides, Pandora wins for the look of the land itself, so it's kind of a tie for me, maybe a slight edge for Hogsmeade, as it has the nighttime projection show which is amazing.

Gussie Granger

Both lands are highly immersive and well themed. Both have excellent rides (Hagrids, Forbidden Journey and Flight of Passage). Both do well capturing the movies they're based on. Both have incredible details everywhere throughout. Better land?

Universal anuncia experiências especiais para a temporada de Natal

6 empty sunrise photos of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Can You Do Both Wizarding World's Of Harry Potter In One Day

vs.

Footer | Explore Orlando | O seu guia completo da cidade
Disney 4 Tickets – Orlando Park Deals
We just returned from Hogsmeade so I’m a little biased. We prefer Hogsmeade and Universal/ IOA experience as a whole.

Djsfantasi

Hogsmeade for sure.
Pandora, like Galaxy Edge, are beautiful lands but that's all they are, beautiful. I'm pretty done with the lands after the rides.
FOP is a great ride but it's a screen based ride, I'll take Hagrid's & FJ.
Plus I enjoy the small things in the land, like the Ollivanders show, Hogs Head Bar, butterbeer & window shopping with my wand after a few drinks. ☺️

IMHO, you’re missing much of Pandor (and Galaxies Edge). Both have superior food (Galaxies Edge has two restaurants. Ronto Roasters has delicious fare). The flora in Pandora is amazing. Plus Pandora has great cocktails (Galaxies Edge has blue and green milk, both dove and hawk versions. Plus if you can get in, there’s Oga’s Cantina, an adult bar/nightclub)

And there is incredible merch in both locations.

So Pandora (&GE) are much more than two rides.

correcaminos

I am a huge Potter fan and Hogmeade totally disappointed me. To the point that I need a few more years away until I try it again. It was way too small and the wand interactions really kind of were lame. Hated Avatar but like Pandora.

UNCgolf

I am a huge Potter fan and Hogmeade totally disappointed me. To the point that I need a few more years away until I try it again. It was way too small and the wand interactions really kind of were lame. Hated Avatar but like Pandora.

If you haven't been to Diagon Alley, you need to go. And take the Hogwarts Express from Hogsmeade to Diagon Alley; I think it's better that way because you exit into "London" and then have to go find Diagon Alley.

As I said above, I was also disappointed in Hogsmeade and think Pandora is better even though I've never even seen Avatar. Diagon Alley easily tops both, though.

correcaminos

If you haven't been to Diagon Alley, you need to go. And take the Hogwarts Express from Hogsmeade to Diagon Alley; I think it's better that way because you exit into "London" and then have to go find Diagon Alley.

As I said above, I was also disappointed in Hogsmeade and think Pandora is better even though I've never even seen Avatar. Diagon Alley easily tops both, though.
I've been. Sorely disappointed in that as well. Went to USF just for Harry Potter and park hopped via Hogwart's Express. Really didn't like a bit of it with the small scale and how crowded it all felt. We left at about 1pm or so just so disappointed.

Just need more time away and lower my expectations immensely before we return. So nope. cannot say that Diagon Alley is any better than Pandora either. Was a sad day for this Potter fan.

celluloid

Let's say just for the fact that you can compare a theme park with double plus history of resources and opened a land nearly ten years later means that Hogsmeade definitely is the better end product.

Also Pandora has yet to have anything added to it nor does it currently have any plans to have anything added to it.

UNCgolf

I've been. Sorely disappointed in that as well. Went to USF just for Harry Potter and park hopped via Hogwart's Express. Really didn't like a bit of it with the small scale and how crowded it all felt. We left at about 1pm or so just so disappointed.

Just need more time away and lower my expectations immensely before we return. So nope. cannot say that Diagon Alley is any better than Pandora either. Was a sad day for this Potter fan.

Interesting. I thought Diagon Alley was huge and maybe the best themed area I've ever been in. Completely different experience than Hogsmeade, which was tiny and wasted the most important HP setting (Hogwarts itself).

correcaminos

Interesting. I thought Diagon Alley was huge and maybe the best themed area I've ever been in. Completely different experience than Hogsmeade, which was tiny and wasted the most important HP setting (Hogwarts itself).
The shops were tiny to me which is also a complaint I have of Batuu. While the paths were better and easier to get through, there wasn't much to see in Diagon Alley. The interactive wands really didn't work well. I really wasn't a fan of Leaky Cauldron either - it felt under themed inside and the service I had there was lousy as all get out. Just everything looked like it should've been great and it was just meh to me.

orlandogal22

The shops were tiny to me which is also a complaint I have of Batuu. While the paths were better and easier to get through, there wasn't much to see in Diagon Alley. The interactive wands really didn't work well. I really wasn't a fan of Leaky Cauldron either - it felt under themed inside and the service I had there was lousy as all get out. Just everything looked like it should've been great and it was just meh to me.

The shops are tight and small because that's what Rowling demanded they do to remain faithful to her vision. While hard to get around sometimes during busier times of year, I find the cramped quarters rather charming and they do, indeed, add to the authenticity.

As a former CM, I vote for Diagon Alley over Hogsmeade and WELL over Pandora for how immersive and well-done it is (there's actually tons of things to see if one really takes the time to see all the small details and Easter eggs in Diagon Alley). Years ago, I literally gasped in awe when I turned the bend for the first time and saw and entered Diagon Alley. I did not have that experience with the other two.

Lil Copter Cap

Pandora. It can handle large amounts of visitors and encourages people look up and take in the surroundings. Hogsmeade has narrow (and minimal) passageways that make walking through a pain point for me. Wand interactivity is cool. When it works and/or isn't being used by others. Pandora has an entirely different look in the evening. Hogsmeade gets a +1 for the nighttime show.

correcaminos

The shops are tight and small because that's what Rowling demanded they do to remain faithful to her vision. While hard to get around sometimes during busier times of year, I find the cramped quarters rather charming and they do, indeed, add to the authenticity.

As a former CM, I vote for Diagon Alley over Hogsmeade and WELL over Pandora for how immersive and well-done it is (there's actually tons of things to see if one really takes the time to see all the small details and Easter eggs in Diagon Alley). Years ago, I literally gasped in awe when I turned the bend for the first time and saw and entered Diagon Alley. I did not have that experience with the other two.
I heard that with pathways, and still was surprised with those. Had not heard that about shops ever before your post. After seeing movies many times, I was so disappointed. Everything felt like a shell or facade of what I expected. I do not find it charming in the least after reading the books and seeing the movies.

You are free to your feelings as I am mine. I felt no awe, just disappointment once we got off Forbidden Joureney.

UNCgolf

This was my experience too. I didn't actually gasp, but getting off the Hogwarts Express and then having to go down a hidden little alley to actually find Diagon Alley is so incredibly well done. You can't see it at all and would have no idea it's even there if you were going into the park without any prior knowledge.

UNCgolf

You are free to your feelings as I am mine. I felt no awe, just disappointment once we got off Forbidden Joureney.

Forbidden Journey disappointed me! It's the least comfortable ride I've ever been on; it throws you all over the place and ended up giving me horrible motion sickness. While it didn't make my GF sick, it actually hurt her neck. Even ignoring that, though, I just wasn't all that impressed. Far too much of the ride was just watching a movie of flying on a broom. There were some neat parts here and there, but I don't understand why it gets such high praise. There are several other rides I think are better just in Islands of Adventure.

Beyond that, while the queue is neat for what it is, the whole thing is a tremendous waste of Hogwarts. There are so many iconic settings that aren't used.

As you said, though, I'm not suggesting your opinion/feeling is wrong.

correcaminos

Forbidden Journey disappointed me! It's the least comfortable ride I've ever been on; it throws you all over the place and ended up giving me horrible motion sickness. While it didn't make my GF sick, it actually hurt her neck. Even ignoring that, though, I just wasn't all that impressed. Far too much of the ride was just watching a movie of flying on a broom. There were some neat parts here and there, but I don't understand why it gets such high praise. There are several other rides I think are better just in Islands of Adventure.

Beyond that, while the queue is neat for what it is, the whole thing is a tremendous waste of Hogwarts. There are so many iconic settings that aren't used.

As you said, though, I'm not suggesting your opinion/feeling is wrong.
I've heard some have a LOT of issues with FJ. I do deal with neck/back issues and am lucky that it didn't do that to me like a few rides do. I am rather short so not sure if that helped. I am as bad as Ron with spiders so parts of the ride.... yeah lol. I am sorry that your GF was hurt on it and you dealt with motion sickness. To be fair I don't think FJ bad, but I just didn't love it. Then again I do not think RotR is worth the stress :eek: We have Cedar Point here and so a lot of coasters are IoA are just eh.....

the queue was probably the best part to me of the whole land. I haven't been back for Hagrid's yet. Again waiting a few years to reset my brain. I do that when things are poor. I will say this land taught me not to expect much of new areas otherwise I might be sad by the outcome.

I do respect all opinions of people for sure. We all have valid opinions. I think maybe my sights were set too high for this and it just was good, but not what my brain made it to be. I'd like to try again sometime for sure. Just not sure when yet.

orlandogal22

I heard that with pathways, and still was surprised with those. Had not heard that about shops ever before your post. After seeing movies many times, I was so disappointed. Everything felt like a shell or facade of what I expected. I do not find it charming in the least after reading the books and seeing the movies.

I am most amazed at Weasley's Wizard Wheezes. There is so much going on in that shop at all angles - including up high in the air - all the detail in the second level. It's really something else.

I also love hearing the bricks shifting near the entrance (and call the Ministry of Magic on the phone in the red booth to hear a message), engaging with the goblin at the Money Exchange, knocking on the correct door to see Kreacher the house elf, hearing parseltongue whispered outside Magical Menagerie, hearing the typewriters going when listening up against the door at the Daily Prophet, watching the shrunken heads in Knockturn Alley sing "show me the way to go home" - a nod to Jaws.

There's soo many things people never really notice. :)

correcaminos

I am most amazed at Weasley's Wizard Wheezes. There is so much going on in that shop at all angles - including up high in the air - all the detail in the second level. It's really something else.

I also love hearing the bricks shifting near the entrance (and call the Ministry of Magic on the phone in the red booth to hear a message), engaging with the goblin at the Money Exchange, knocking on the correct door to see Kreacher the house elf, hearing parseltongue whispered outside Magical Menagerie, hearing the typewriters going when listening up against the door at the Daily Prophet, watching the shrunken heads in Knockturn Alley sing "show me the way to go home" - a nod to Jaws.

There's soo many things people never really notice. :)
Oh boy, want to know which shop disappointed me most? You hit on it. I walked out of that one so deflated. The little details you mentioned meant nothin when the rest of it just made me actually sad.

Yeah your feelings are definitely worlds apart from mine. Just give me a couple more years and I'll try again with lessened expectations.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Hogsmeade makes me feel like I'm somewhere I want to be whereas I'm just not invested in Avatar to care about being in Pandora. Pandora looks like a really lush and well decorated jungle-ish community and like something I'd enjoy more as an Indiana Jones themed land.

Pandora does not have butter beer but does have overall better food and drink options.

orlandogal22

Another reason why I rate Pandora as last among the three (Diagon, Hogsmeade, Pandora - in that order) is because I can see the floating mountains from AK's parking lot. I wish they could have hidden those somehow so as not to sorta ruin the illusion of one's first entrance into the land itself (having already seen it from the outside).

I also wish the main gift shop (Windtraders) was a bit more immersive; it sort of just looks like any ol' gift shop. I do like the food options in Pandora, however, and greatly enjoy Na'vi River Journey (I can't ride Flight of Passage due to medical issues).

DH and I were lucky to be able to go and visit Pandora during the initial AP Preview period back before it opened to the public; this was May 2017. That was the best time to view it as there was no one there but us, really - very few people for each window of time allotted. We got to do Na'vi like 5x in a row - front row. Never getting to do that again. LOL ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom