HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

IMDREW

I think they've integrated the new castle and castle area VERY nicely into the park. It feels natural to me. There are also multiple paths to take around the castle area and I can't wait to explore.
Screenshot 2020-10-14 at 09.54.58.png

Screenshot 2020-10-14 at 09.55.11.png

Here also a better look at Frozen land. That metal structure we saw last week is the start of the mountain range behind the castle. The FEA show building also looks ready to receive roofing and the metal pieces for the mountain range are already waiting at the new Avengers ride site. Exciting!
Screenshot 2020-10-14 at 09.48.33.png

Also, it looks like there is proper room for a Toy Story Land Expansion to DOUBLE the size. Or perhaps a whole new land with one amazing E-ticket like Mystic Point! Still enough room to expand the park all around.
Screenshot 2020-10-14 at 09.53.38.png

Disneylover152

I think they've integrated the new castle and castle area VERY nicely into the park. It feels natural to me. There are also multiple paths to take around the castle area and I can't wait to explore.
View attachment 505223
View attachment 505224

Here also a better look at Frozen land. That metal structure we saw last week is the start of the mountain range behind the castle. The FEA show building also looks ready to receive roofing and the metal pieces for the mountain range are already waiting at the new Avengers ride site. Exciting!
View attachment 505221

Also, it looks like there is proper room for a Toy Story Land Expansion to DOUBLE the size. Or perhaps a whole new land with one amazing E-ticket like Mystic Point! Still enough room to expand the park all around.
View attachment 505222
I really hope they use the plot next to Toy Story to make a mini-land with Shanghai's Peter Pan dark ride. As I mentioned before, once this expansion is complete the park will be really well-rounded, it just needs another dark ride or two and a water attraction. Build a river rapids ride south of Grizzly Gulch, and a Peter Pan mini-land next to Frozen and this park honestly has the potential to be one of the best Disney parks in the world ride-wise.

HKDLer

I really hope they use the plot next to Toy Story to make a mini-land with Shanghai's Peter Pan dark ride. As I mentioned before, once this expansion is complete the park will be really well-rounded, it just needs another dark ride or two and a water attraction. Build a river rapids ride south of Grizzly Gulch, and a Peter Pan mini-land next to Frozen and this park honestly has the potential to be one of the best Disney parks in the world ride-wise.
That plot is large enough to accommodate both TSMM and PPF (or even the Tangled boat ride that is coming to Tokyo)

PymParty

I don't think HKDL should get a Peter Pan mini-land. The park will already share Arendelle with Tokyo DisneySea and we already know that Japan's ride will be on a much bigger scale than Hong Kong's. And because HKDL and TDR share some consumer markets (Asian markets), I think HKDL should do its maximum to have a different offering than their competitors, much like they do with Marvel.

Asa

I would rather HKDL have an Aladdin ride using Peter Pan technology. It would be great to fly around in a magic carpet with "A whole new world" singing in the background. The Aladdin movie did really well and its middle eastern/Indian theme would make it unique and attractive to many HKDL guests.

But given the current economy, I cannot imagine WDC investing anything in the resort.

PymParty

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong...n-they-survive-ocean-park-disneyland-woo-hong

Interesting article in the South China Morning, which has reliable sources and states that "the park was hoping to unveil the revamped castle before Christmas and it would be the focus of events planned for its upcoming 15th anniversary celebrations." This gives us an indication of the plans of the park for the castle and the anniversary celebration, maybe they are planning to take advantage of the holiday crowds and the planned travel bubbles between Hong Kong and neighbouring countries.

It also talks about an "Avengers superheroes zone to come later".

Does this hint that the Avengers expansion planned have not been shelved as rumored ? I sincerely hope so...

HKDLer

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong...n-they-survive-ocean-park-disneyland-woo-hong

Interesting article in the South China Morning, which has reliable sources and states that "the park was hoping to unveil the revamped castle before Christmas and it would be the focus of events planned for its upcoming 15th anniversary celebrations." This gives us an indication of the plans of the park for the castle and the anniversary celebration, maybe they are planning to take advantage of the holiday crowds and the planned travel bubbles between Hong Kong and neighbouring countries.
My bet would be Nov 18 on which they will start the Christmas event and celebrate Mickey's 92nd birthday.

I personally quite like the colour scheme in this corner: pinkish/orange/tan walls, blue + red roofs
But just a few metres apart it's suddenly cyan... HOW WEIRD!
The castle would look much better with a less "varying" colour palette IMO

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No

I personally quite like the colour scheme in this corner: pinkish/orange/tan walls, blue + red roofs
But just a few metres apart it's suddenly cyan... HOW WEIRD!
The castle would look much better with a less "varying" colour palette IMO
This combination isn't actually too bad. Very reminiscent of the ones used on the Chillon Castle in Switzerland (which inspired Prince Eric's Castle in The Little Mermaid). The darker blue (not the bright cyan) is a great accent to the warmer colors and is possibly a reminder of the old castle. Now if the yellow could be more of aged sandstone color...
5a455aceec1ade25db08931f

Last edited:

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
The princesses all have to go on a diet before their week at the castle.
When normal character interactions resume, someone better ask Aurora and/or Philip on what they think of the new look of their old residence that they've graciously opened up to the other princesses and their families (bonus game: you decide which one between Anaheim's and Paris' SBC is their main residence and their country residence).

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Back of the castle update. Looks like everything would be good to go for presentation in a couple of weeks. Maybe a December opening, in time for Christmas?

What's with the bare walls though near the rose window and Jasmine's tower? Room for growth (aka new towers for upcoming princesses)?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom