HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

jrhwdw

I might be wrong, but I think Paris is still using the set of spotlights they received for the 15th (!!!) anniversary for The Enchanted Fireworks. Based on this video, the placements seem to be the same as Dreams! and Illuminations.

Disney%20Dreams%20Preshow-L.jpg
Disney-Illuminations-Disneyland-Paris-12.jpg

(L: Opening Fanfare, Disney Dreams; R: Star Wars, Disney Illuminations)

By the time Illuminations opened in March 2017, Anaheim already had their new set for Disneyland Forever, while Florida's was being prepared for Happily Ever After's debut in May 2017.

I do hope Paris will get a new set of spotlights in time for the 30th. It does look like there'll be new entertainment planned for the anniversary, since the Director of Entertainment Operations let the new-parade-for-the-30th cat out of the bag during a Disneyland Paris Career Fair.

Wasn't that before COVID? Also with a new Christmas Parade for 2020? Are those plans still going forward??

IMDREW

I might be wrong, but I think Paris is still using the set of spotlights they received for the 15th (!!!) anniversary for The Enchanted Fireworks. Based on this video, the placements seem to be the same as Dreams! and Illuminations.

Disney%20Dreams%20Preshow-L.jpg
Disney-Illuminations-Disneyland-Paris-12.jpg

(L: Opening Fanfare, Disney Dreams; R: Star Wars, Disney Illuminations)

By the time Illuminations opened in March 2017, Anaheim already had their new set for Disneyland Forever, while Florida's was being prepared for Happily Ever After's debut in May 2017.

I do hope Paris will get a new set of spotlights in time for the 30th. It does look like there'll be new entertainment planned for the anniversary, since the Director of Entertainment Operations let the new-parade-for-the-30th cat out of the bag during a Disneyland Paris Career Fair.

I think youre right! Thanks!

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Wasn't that before COVID? Also with a new Christmas Parade for 2020? Are those plans still going forward??
Yeah, that was pre-COVID. The 30th is still 2 years away, so I'm sure the new entertainment package won't be affected as much as the new Christmas parade. Although, given the Christmas 2020 premiere, I'm sure they've already started production on the new floats before COVID happened so we'll see if they'll bust them out for a Christmas cavalcade this year or wait for next year (when things have hopefully settled down).

PymParty

What are they doing? Ground work?
Doesn't look clean and ready for the public when HKDL reopens to me...

Maybe this is the reason why they aren't reopening even if the HK Government allowed them to do so since September 18th. They might want to have the castle area all ready for guests for the reopening of the park and it looks to me like it is only a matter of a few days until the works are complete !

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
I wonder if Steve Davison is going to be the ones working on the upcoming nighttime spectacular considering he is busy with harmonious
I'm pretty sure he has the final sign-off (as head of Creative Entertainment), but considering he's halfway across the world, I'm not sure he's as involved as he is for HarmonioUS. That being said, I do miss his old way of doing shows (World of Color and Disney Dreams! come to mind) since his more recent shows (Disneyland Forever, Ignite the Dream, Disney Illuminations) isn't really up to snuff so I would appreciate if a new director (like Michael Jung who did Happily Ever After) takes the job for Hong Kong's new fireworks show.

Last edited:

Steve2753

I would appreciate if a new director (like Michael Jung who did Happily Ever After) takes the job for Hong Kong's new fireworks show.
It would be interesting to see if Michael Jung is the ones working on the nighttime spectacular.
I also wonder if the upcoming nighttime spectacular is going to have projections on main street since theres so much going on at the castle with the projections,lasers,fountains,pyro and the spotlights

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
It would be interesting to see if Michael Jung is the ones working on the nighttime spectacular.
I also wonder if the upcoming nighttime spectacular is going to have projections on main street since theres so much going on at the castle with the projections,lasers,fountains,pyro and the spotlights
I hope so, considering the investment in the Main Street projectors. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they've only used it for the We Love Mickey! show for Mickey and Minnie's 90th right?

HKDLer

I hope so, considering the investment in the Main Street projectors. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they've only used it for the We Love Mickey! show for Mickey and Minnie's 90th right?
The projectors have been used for Villains Night Out! and the Christmas tree lighting ceremonies since 2016, one year after Disneyland Forever debuted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom