HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

IMDREW

47848393-7965-4145-9405-B1DD7BC53A8C.jpeg

lazyboy97o

The back is even more McMansion than the front. Itty bitty columns holding up so much mass and layers that get taller as they go up. All nicely rounded out with flat walls. What ridiculous tall but tight space would be behind that giant window? This isn’t a true centerpiece but a glorified scenic flat that literally does not fit in the park.

SpaceMountainUK

and is that the finished color for the walls on the lower half? Yet another color this time just gray hah

The back is even more McMansion than the front. Itty bitty columns holding up so much mass and layers that get taller as they go up. All nicely rounded out with flat walls. What ridiculous tall but tight space would be behind that giant window? This isn’t a true centerpiece but a glorified scenic flat that literally does not fit in the park.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
The columns were already an issue as early as 2019 when the castle model was placed on the floor at D23. I'm surprised it still made the cut, despite everyone (with or without an architectural degree) pointing out that it couldn't have supported the new back half.

Also, it looks like it will be a tight squeeze to go through this new section on the right side (from Snow White's Grotto)? That could be a bottleneck and a nightmare for Guest Flow.

and is that the finished color for the walls on the lower half? Yet another color this time just gray hah
I'm pretty sure they haven't painted that section yet. The model presented at D23 shows that it will be painted the same shade of yellow-peach as the lower half of the castle.
latest

Also, can we talk about the color of the roofs here? It's more blue than the bright aquamarine color they ended up going for.

Last edited:

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
They’re not even adding any square footage within the castle 😳. There is no walk-thru, right?
Right now, there isn't, mainly because it was decided to leave the castle empty so they can assess what kind of attraction (walkthrough or interactive showcase) they can put in there. Given the new additional space, I imagine they'll finally find some use for the space once the new castle opens. Didn't Stephanie Young say that there will be some exhibition about the new castle at some point? Maybe that would go in there in lieu of a walkthrough?

BayouShack

Right now, there isn't, mainly because it was decided to leave the castle empty so they can assess what kind of attraction (walkthrough or interactive showcase) they can put in there. Given the new additional space, I imagine they'll finally find some use for the space once the new castle opens. Didn't Stephanie Young say that there will be some exhibition about the new castle at some point? Maybe that would go in there in lieu of a walkthrough?

Thanks! I missed that

HKDLer

BBB has already found its new home inside Storybook Shoppe located next to the castle. The Frozen tower looks like a vertical circulation area for the new castle. I expect something along the lines of Club $$ to go inside the new space, and perhaps also another Pandora/Arribas Brothers counter.

HKDLer

The government today announced theme parks would be allowed to reopen on Sep 18. Now we just have to wait for the announcement from the park.

Edit: Ocean Park will reopen on Sep 18.

Last edited:

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No

Well, it's not a Steve Davison show without a ton of spotlights, isn't it? ;)

So is Paris the only Disney park left in the world without these new spotlights then? I know Anaheim got theirs in 2016 for Disneyland Forever for the 60th, Shanghai in 2016 with Ignite the Dream (though theirs is now a retractable light tower in front of the castle and not as many), Florida in 2017 with the debut of Happily Ever After, Tokyo in 2018 for Celebrate! Tokyo Disneyland for the 35th, and now Hong Kong for the new castle opening.

IMDREW

Well, it's not a Steve Davison show without a ton of spotlights, isn't it? ;)

So is Paris the only Disney park left in the world without these new spotlights then? I know Anaheim got theirs in 2016 for Disneyland Forever for the 60th, Shanghai in 2016 with Ignite the Dream (though theirs is now a retractable light tower in front of the castle and not as many), Florida in 2017 with the debut of Happily Ever After, Tokyo in 2018 for Celebrate! Tokyo Disneyland for the 35th, and now Hong Kong for the new castle opening.
I thought Paris got them one of the first? With Disney Dreams.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
I thought Paris got them one of the first? With Disney Dreams.
I might be wrong, but I think Paris is still using the set of spotlights they received for the 15th (!!!) anniversary for The Enchanted Fireworks. Based on this video, the placements seem to be the same as Dreams! and Illuminations.

Disney%20Dreams%20Preshow-L.jpg
Disney-Illuminations-Disneyland-Paris-12.jpg

(L: Opening Fanfare, Disney Dreams; R: Star Wars, Disney Illuminations)

By the time Illuminations opened in March 2017, Anaheim already had their new set for Disneyland Forever, while Florida's was being prepared for Happily Ever After's debut in May 2017.

I do hope Paris will get a new set of spotlights in time for the 30th. It does look like there'll be new entertainment planned for the anniversary, since the Director of Entertainment Operations let the new-parade-for-the-30th cat out of the bag during a Disneyland Paris Career Fair.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom