HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

ParkPeeker

the facade of the two control rooms seems quite underwhelming
hope it'd look better when the works are completed

I wish the control booths were more extensions of the castle like some of the Disney castles do, but it looks more like they’re gunna be Main Street esque :/

———————————————————————————————
Posted by Tim Sypko

you can see lower down the castle from this angle

No Name

I wish the control booths were more extensions of the castle like some of the Disney castles do, but it looks more like they’re gunna be Main Street esque :/

———————————————————————————————
Posted by Tim Sypko

you can see lower down the castle from this angle

I’m so confused. Why is there a thing that says “please stand here” and why are people standing everywhere but there?

HKDLer

Construction updates and gorgeous views of the resort!

Highlights:
1. Construction materials laid out on Avengers E-ticket site

2. Sliding Sleighs seem to have a very short track
B394D140-52BA-4F3E-BA9D-5E6EF315DE43.jpeg
B3C4F931-69A6-4947-AF35-CEEA94DADA9F.jpeg

3. Snow White Grotto is preserved. I wonder if the area surrounding it will be filled with water to compensate for the narrowed moat.
43CAF8CA-12DB-4F66-BDFA-82A43B47650B.jpeg

Similar speculation has been made by a local Disney blogger

Last edited:

hkdisky

Highlights:

View attachment 482316 View attachment 482317

3. Snow White Grotto is preserved. I wonder if the area surrounding it will be filled with water to compensate for the narrowed moat.
View attachment 482325

919538DD-7D13-42A6-A2BD-80CA422813E3.png

The quarantine facilities have been expanded to phase 2 site.

Highlights:

View attachment 482316 View attachment 482317

View attachment 482325

Thanks for sharing! The video makes me very dizzy tho lol.
Glad to see that there is finally something happening over the third Marvel attraction.
Does that imply Jedi Training will have to go very soon?
Wasn't expecting much for Sliding Sleighs given that it's upgraded from a flat ride - but it still looks shorter than my anticipation.
Let's hope there'd be some decent AA in the indoor scene to compensate.
Moving on to the hub area, I really want them to add back the Partners Statue upon completion of the new castle.
local infection cases rise significantly today all over hong Kong, including hospital, estates, schools and elderly homes. one of them has visited HKDL recently, and also the buffet in hotel. a new wave of community outbreak seems arriving, so maybe the park is going to close again...
So many new local cases today! Can foresee that the Park will close again.
Everyone please stay safe!

wdpwmlml

water should definitely be added and then place more fountains for the show as well if pyro will be cut back. Out if all the castles with fountains Disneyland paris does it best, It perfectly supplements the show and the area. Shanghai IMO looks forced as well as tokyo disney.

View attachment 482554
OMG, the Snow White Fountain :cry:
I love these little details and the fact that they didn't forget and respect classic IPs.
I would love to see a technologically advanced and more immersive Snow White dark ride one day.
Snow White is definitely getting lots of attention and respect in this new castle
Her symbol is being placed at the centre of the stained glass window:
1594385470323.png

Tyler161

I really love that instead of tearing down the old castle, they honoured it instead. Like an ode to the past while still looking toward the future. I also really like the different colour schemes that seem to blend seamlessly into the mountains behind giving it such a unique look.
Slowly but surely Hong Kong Disneyland is becoming the most charming castle park and I can’t wait to see it at its fullest potential.

Does anyone have any clues as to where the next hotel will be built on property? I would love to see the space in between Explorers and Disneyland hotel developed. What is the current occupancy of the 3 hotels, if anyone knows?

I can’t wait to one day visit this park!!

I really love that instead of tearing down the old castle, they honoured it instead. Like an ode to the past while still looking toward the future. I also really like the different colour schemes that seem to blend seamlessly into the mountains behind giving it such a unique look.
Slowly but surely Hong Kong Disneyland is becoming the most charming castle park and I can’t wait to see it at its fullest potential.

Does anyone have any clues as to where the next hotel will be built on property? I would love to see the space in between Explorers and Disneyland hotel developed. What is the current occupancy of the 3 hotels, if anyone knows?

I can’t wait to one day visit this park!!
Occupancy rate was 74% in 2019 (https://news.hongkongdisneyland.com/en/press/2020-03-16/).

I think (if I remember wrongly, do correct me if I am wrong) when the government gave the green light to the construction of the Explorers Lodge, the occupancy rate of the two hotels was over 90%.

So I don't think a fourth hotel will be built in the short run.
Probably we'd have to wait until the second gate (if there will be one).

RandySavage

I've been a supporter of this castle project (and still am), but this image... yikes... It's like Princess Barbie's(tm) Castle Playset from Hell... As someone noted earlier, it's this middle front section where they threw in loads of discordant, plastic onion turrets with no visual/arch. link to either the bottom (old castle) or the less busy, more-pleasing top (Cinderella's minaret).

I've been a supporter of this castle project (and still am), but this image... yikes... It's like Princess Barbie's(tm) Castle Playset from Hell... As someone noted earlier, it's this middle front section where they threw in loads of discordant, plastic onion turrets with no visual/arch. link to either the bottom (old castle) or the less busy, more-pleasing top (Cinderella's minaret).
I love the idea of this castle but I would prefer the original colour scheme shown in the first concept art.
It's too yellowish now, and yes I agree those plastic turrets are too cartoony... doesn't match with the overall theming.
Let's hope that they'd repaint the castle like maybe 5 or 10 years later lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom