HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

I still think it will be less problematic to demolish the restaurants in Aland to turn them into rides 😂
Btw I believe I have heard some rumours saying that Disney would build attractions on Tarzan Island before
Does anyone know why that didn't come true in the end?

I'm afraid JRC will be the next on the chopping block after Autopia. It is not popular with the locals despite being praised for the unique finale by Disney fans overseas. Not only is the boat dock underwhelming, the ride itself is also ridiculously short. It lacks the tight turns and iconic scenes like the Schweitzer Falls which imo are what make this ride so great. Perhaps a more elaborate temple scene and fixing the piranhas will help. Maybe it will receive an overlay based on the live action.

The major issue with HK's Adventureland is JRC being the sole ride of the land. No one would really want to linger around the area unless there's a FotLK showing. (30 min of AC;))
Before touching JRC they should first add a ride. I believe the Tahitian Terrace and the land behind it are designated pad for a future ride. It's large enough for a Moana-themed NRJ style ride.
View attachment 479780

yes I also think they should remove River View Cafe since it is mostly close and put Indy Coaster there or something?

HKDLer

yes I also think they should remove River View Cafe since it is mostly close and put Indy Coaster there or something?
I really love the colonial atmosphere of the River View Cafe and will be sad to see it go. Tahitian Terrace on the other hand is really just an open space disguised in bamboo walls, Polynesian light fixtures and tiki statues. They can reuse some of the decor should they wish to replace it with a Moana ride. Then give the River View Cafe an upgrade similar to the Skipper Canteen in WDW.

I really love the colonial atmosphere of the River View Cafe and will be sad to see it go. Tahitian Terrace on the other hand is really just an open space disguised in bamboo walls, Polynesian light fixtures and tiki statues. They can reuse some of the decor should they wish to replace it with a Moana ride. Then give the River View Cafe an upgrade similar to the Skipper Canteen in WDW.
Support! The main thing is I think it will be easier to add air conditioning in River View than in Tahitian 😂 😂 😂
I'm afraid JRC will be the next on the chopping block after Autopia. It is not popular with the locals despite being praised for the unique finale by Disney fans overseas. Not only is the boat dock underwhelming, the ride itself is also ridiculously short. It lacks the tight turns and iconic scenes like the Schweitzer Falls which imo are what make this ride so great. Perhaps a more elaborate temple scene and fixing the piranhas will help. Maybe it will receive an overlay based on the live action.

The major issue with HK's Adventureland is JRC being the sole ride of the land. No one would really want to linger around the area unless there's a FotLK showing. (30 min of AC;))
Before touching JRC they should first add a ride. I believe the Tahitian Terrace and the land behind it are designated pad for a future ride. It's large enough for a Moana-themed NRJ style ride.
View attachment 479780
Does that mean Plaza Grounds has to go in this case?

EDIT: I really love the fine details of HKDL's Aland.
But it is really lacking with only one ride, one walkthrough attraction and one theatre show.
The addition of Karibuni Marketplace and the new Moana show are no help at all...
Umm the Park already has 3 coasters (HSM, BGM and Oaken's Sliding Sleighs)
Or arguably 4 if you count RC Racer in as well
I think an Indy dark ride will be a better option

Last edited:

Oooh I would love a Skipper Canteen!!

wdpwmlml

View attachment 479780
I agree adventureland is in need of a second attraction they should probably add one e-ticket dark ride. I do wished the space of adventureland was used efficiently since the beginning the land is so massive yet has the least rides

wdpwmlml

Bob Weis, President of Walt Disney Imagineering talked about construction projects like tron, avengers campus and runaway railway but he doesnt mention anything about hong kong. Is it because construction did not stop or had no significant halt?

wdpwmlml

Bob Weis, President of Walt Disney Imagineering talked about construction projects like tron, avengers campus and runaway railway but he doesnt mention anything about hong kong. Is it because construction did not stop or had no significant halt?
Or are delays not expected?

DLR92

Just like I shared this Pirate x Splash for Hong Kong before
Man...Disney and HK Government missed out on a opportunity that could help save the resort popularity and bring in more cash revenue if they pursue this pirate theme land! Like classic Pirates of the Caribbean meets
Splash Mountain!

Gosh...I am not a fan of the new castle design. It look out of place.

lazyboy97o

Disney cannot unilaterally delay or cancel projects in China due to the ownership and financing structure.

Asa

More or less yes. However, I recently read an interview of Stephanie Young, Managing director of HKDL, that stated that construction costs had risen so the plan might end up being downscaled a little bit... (I will try to find the source)

Stephanie Young and Edward Yau did not say that. They just said the park is strong financially and will watch their expenses.

Stephanie Young said HKDL applied for the HK govt's Employment Support Scheme and will not lay off any employees.

Robbiem

More or less yes. However, I recently read an interview of Stephanie Young, Managing director of HKDL, that stated that construction costs had risen so the plan might end up being downscaled a little bit... (I will try to find the source)

i wonder if this will lead to the mission breakout rumours replacing the avengers coming true?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom