HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

Toni25

A Moana-themed Splash Mountain was being considered for DLP, so that could be an option for the Adventureland expansion pad.
Oh dear god, what a TERRIBLE idea...🤢🤮. Thank god Paris never got that. Adventureland is no place for a Princess themed ride.
Especially when there is so much to choose from...Indiana Jones, the Society of Explorers, Jungle Book, Tarzan or something Non-I.P.
I think it was just a rumor though.

EDIT: I wouldn't mind if they put that in Hong Kong though, they already have a Moana show thing...just not Paris 🤣

ThemeParkTraveller

Oh dear god, what a TERRIBLE idea...🤢🤮. Thank god Paris never got that. Adventureland is no place for a Princess themed ride.
Especially when there is so much to choose from...Indiana Jones, the Society of Explorers, Jungle Book, Tarzan or something Non-I.P.

EDIT: I wouldn't mind if they put that in Hong Kong though, they already have a Moana show thing...just not Paris 🤣

Moana is really only a princess by association though and would not be a good fit in Fantasyland like the other Princesses. The film itself encapsulates the spirit of adventure and exploration- highlighting exotic cultures and faraway lands. I think it would be just as fitting in Adventureland compared to Jungle Book or Tarzan.

hooon42

Just like I shared this Pirate x Splash for Hong Kong before

Yes, the land can next to gg build a pirate land and it's fitted.

Here's a "fan-idea" in idealbuildout.blogspot.com but the pictures are no longer exist

2.jpg
View attachment 468314

and this is the "fan-idea" map

3.jpg
View attachment 468315

wdpwmlml

A ride like splash mountain with a different theme since nice for Hong Kong it looks like a good way to cool down guests especially during the humid summers

HKDLer

Disney is retheming Splash in Disneyland and WDW to Princess and the Frog, could they finally bring it to HK as well? How popular is this IP in HK?
They can build it next to FEA or simply replace the tacky TSL rides. PATF already has quite a presence in the park so I think it will be very popular with the HK audience. Tiana has her own part in Mickey and the Wondrous Book and Dr Facilier appeared in the different Halloween attractions and shows.

Tiana in Mickey and the Wondrous Book

Dr Facilier in the Nightmare Experiment walkthrough (3:18-5:40)

Dr Facilier in Let's Get Wicked halloween show (12:20-16:00)

In the Parks
Yes
I"m all for adding more air conditioned spaces and rides to HKDL. 🥵
They really should! Summers in HK are so unbearable...
Among all the restaurants in HKDL:
Only 2 of them are fully air conditioned - Corner Cafe and Plaza Inn (MS)
3 of them are partially air conditioned - Royal Banquet Hall (Fland), Explorers' Club (MP) and Starliner Diner (Tland)
4 of them do NOT have any air conditioning - Comet Cafe (Tland), Clopin's (Fland), River View and Tahitian Terrace (Aland)
While I'm hoping the 10th restaurant in Arendelle will be fully air conditioned, the Park should try to add air conditioning in those 4 restaurants (esp Aland), or consider redeveloping some of them into attractions.
I don't think the Park's attendance demands 10 restaurants anyways...

In the Parks
Yes
They can build it next to FEA or simply replace the tacky TSL rides. PATF already has quite a presence in the park so I think it will be very popular with the HK audience. Tiana has her own part in Mickey and the Wondrous Book and Dr Facilier appeared in the different Halloween attractions and shows.

Tiana in Mickey and the Wondrous Book

Dr Facilier in the Nightmare Experiment walkthrough (3:18-5:40)

Dr Facilier in Let's Get Wicked halloween show (12:20-16:00)

While I agree that a Splash Mountain-type ride is much needed for HKDL, I'd prefer adding another indoor attraction in the outer rim of the Park. Currently there's only one (MM) and soon two (FEA) indoor attractions but that's far from enough. Basically the entire peripheral section of the Park is dead when it rains.

EDIT: Opps I forgot that IASW will also be connected to the periphery after Arendelle opens. Wonder how will the transition be done!

Last edited:

BrianLo

While I agree that a Splash Mountain-type ride is much needed for HKDL, I'd prefer adding another indoor attraction in the outer rim of the Park.

Don't discount the expansion pad between Frozen and Toy Story Playland. It could actually accommodate an E-ticket dark ride. I do think after the Marvel E-ticket, another family centric indoor attraction and a water based ride rounds out the "completion" aspect of Hong Kong menu sufficiently.

A Splash Mountain Jungle Book would be my preference for the far corner.

I have some sort of vague hope the second gate will be Disney Bay, in which case I'd prefer pirates be earmarked for it instead.

No Name

Huh? Moana is a very adventurous girl. She is not a princess and says “I’m not a princess”, only Disney’s lazy consumer products division folded her into the line. She absolutely fits in Adventureland.

HKDLer

They really should! Summers in HK are so unbearable...
Among all the restaurants in HKDL:
Only 2 of them are fully air conditioned - Corner Cafe and Plaza Inn (MS)
3 of them are partially air conditioned - Royal Banquet Hall (Fland), Explorers' Club (MP) and Starliner Diner (Tland)
4 of them do NOT have any air conditioning - Comet Cafe (Tland), Clopin's (Fland), River View and Tahitian Terrace (Aland)
While I'm hoping the 10th restaurant in Arendelle will be fully air conditioned, the Park should try to add air conditioning in those 4 restaurants (esp Aland), or consider redeveloping some of them into attractions.
I don't think the Park's attendance demands 10 restaurants anyways...
I think we need to start a petition to make all of HKDL's attraction queues and restaurants air-conditioned. 🤣
The reason why we see so many pictures of an empty HK Main Street is that everyone is inside the shops to stay away from the heat. The shops can get quite crowded even on slow days. They might consider adding the Parisian arcades to Main Street to provide more heat and rain shelter which is much needed for the park.

Last edited:

In the Parks
Yes
So they were supposed to get Pirates in Adventureland but the gov said no? Interesting. They could do something with Peter Pan. Or even something crazy adventurous like FOP from Pandora.
I think PoTC was first said to be part of Adventureland before the Park opened, but due to budget cuts it didn't work out.
Then, Disney proposed building an entire land based on Pirates in HKDL, yet the government rejected the plan.
You can find out more about the cancelled Pirate Cove and Glacier Bay in this video:

wdpwmlml

Random question but does rerouting Jungle cruise and making it a bit shorter would make more space for expansion in adventureland? HKDL’s adventureland is the largest and does jungle cruise make up a lot of that space?

In the Parks
Yes
Random question but does rerouting Jungle cruise and making it a bit shorter would make more space for expansion in adventureland? HKDL’s adventureland is the largest and does jungle cruise make up a lot of that space?
I still think it will be less problematic to demolish the restaurants in Aland to turn them into rides 😂
Btw I believe I have heard some rumours saying that Disney would build attractions on Tarzan Island before
Does anyone know why that didn't come true in the end?

HKDLer

I'm afraid JRC will be the next on the chopping block after Autopia. It is not popular with the locals despite being praised for the unique finale by Disney fans overseas. Not only is the boat dock underwhelming, the ride itself is also ridiculously short. It lacks the tight turns and iconic scenes like the Schweitzer Falls which imo are what make this ride so great. Perhaps a more elaborate temple scene and fixing the piranhas will help. Maybe it will receive an overlay based on the live action.

The major issue with HK's Adventureland is JRC being the sole ride of the land. No one would really want to linger around the area unless there's a FotLK showing. (30 min of AC;))
Before touching JRC they should first add a ride. I believe the Tahitian Terrace and the land behind it are designated pad for a future ride. It's large enough for a Moana-themed NRJ style ride.
HKDL_clones (2).jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom