HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

Toni25

Updates on the sliding sleighs (Jun 22)

Jun 23

The tropical setting is so beautiful...I almost kind of regret they chose Frozen, it feels so out of place.
I wish they would have chosen Moana to fit that exotic appeal. It would be unique enough and a big IP to draw international visitors.
Especially since Tokyo, Paris and USA are already getting their own versions of Frozen. The park is small and they should use the space they have for more original stuff.

The tropical setting is so beautiful...I almost kind of regret they chose Frozen, it feels so out of place.
I wish they would have chosen Moana to fit that exotic appeal. It would be unique enough and a big IP to draw international visitors.
Especially since Tokyo, Paris and USA are already getting their own versions of Frozen. The park is small and they should use the space they have for more original stuff.
I think they chose Frozen because:
1. Commercial considerations - both Frozen and its sequel were big hits in HK and you can see tons of girls wearing Elsa's costumes in HKDL; whereas Moana's reception in HK was just mediocre
2. As a tribute to the Glacier Bay expansion plan back in 2009

Jones14

Also, being able to copy Frozen Ever After is likely what allowed them to get a second ride into the plans, and and what Hong Kong is lacking is numbers, not unique attractions.

The Frozen expansion gets another dark ride into Fantasyland, and with Oaken’s, they’ll still be adding a worldwide exclusive.

BubbaisSleep

This sounds...so shallow. Can't unique attractions bring numbers? LOL
I think Mystic Manor is unique, as well as adding to that "number".
I agree but I'm also not going to pretend like Mystic Manor will attract people like Frozen will. Will Mystic Manor attract theme park fans? Yes. But if I ask a random family if they're excited to see Albert the Monkey in HKDL I'm sure I'll get blank faces.
I just hope that MM & Grizzly won't be their last original rides as I personally love those better myself.

Jones14

This sounds...so shallow. Can't unique attractions bring numbers? LOL
I think Mystic Manor is unique, as well as adding to that "number".
They are adding an entirely unique attraction in Oaken’s, and Frozen Ever After appears to be plussed over the Epcot version.

I’m all for IP-free attractions, but unique and based on an IP are not mutually exclusive. Besides, it’s Fantasyland, the one spot in the park where they should be putting in rides based on their most popular princesses, particularly Hong Kong, which only has two dark rides in the whole land.

ParkPeeker

new drone footage
with frozen land footage
BE81C4D7-D4BD-4DB3-9FB5-4821C400B524.jpeg

I compared the track to the concept art:
I’m guessing brown arrow is part of the queue. that’ll probably have great views of the castle and mountain range if so.
DA77CDB6-D698-42D6-B73A-3C3F05FB1D9B.png

new drone footage
with frozen land footage
View attachment 479071

I compared the track to the concept art:
I’m guessing brown arrow is part of the queue. that’ll probably have great views of the castle and mountain range if so.
View attachment 479072

I kinda wish the coaster was longer but I hope with the theming it'll be great!

btw, are they going to use the Arendelle Castle as Meet and Greet like in Paris?

btw, are they going to use the Arendelle Castle as Meet and Greet like in Paris?
I think someone posted that the Arendelle Castle will just be a props castle earlier in this thread(?)
Kinda disappointing that both Castle of Magical Dreams and the Arendelle Castle cannot be entered :cry:

HKDLer

The meet and greet facility in Paris is an additional structure located between the prop castle and the FEA ride building. For HK I believe the meet and greet is sharing the building with the sliding sleighs.

IMDREW

That final break with a perfect view of the castle and village on the waterfront must be spectacular! I think this coaster will have amazing views of the whole land. Even the first drop should have an amazing view of the Castle of Magical Dreams.

Thats whats gonna sell this coaster i think. Not the length or thrill, but the views.

disney.dreams

anyone could tell is the track following the family coaster 335 design? or its a custom design?
but somehow it looks like the track appearing now is even shorter than the 335 design, which makes me a bit concerned
the show building looks bigger than i expected though, will there be a proper indoor show scene? maybe something Frozen 2 related : D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom