HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

ThemeParkTraveller

Frozen Ever After isn’t borrowing Shanghai Pirates’ ride system is it? The boats look sorta similar and look too box-y for a typical old mill boat ride.

If I remember correctly, the boats in Shanghai follow an underwater track within a flooded room. The blueprint and construction pictures for Hong Kong show a more typical canal setup like Epcot's Frozen Ever After.

ParkPeeker

It’s almost fortress like. How did this castle get built? It’s almost like a castle cityscape. Tower on tower
It makes the top tower feel like a skyscraper.
I like that about this castle, that cityscape feel. A bunch of towers surrounding that middle top part that stands out. There’s so much shape to all of it.

It almost does feel more like a city rather than a castle, like that tangled town. I keep looking at it and there are these shapes it makes that are so pleasing.
13177EAB-8908-4769-9927-E2C21F090579.jpeg

halbjobri

Well at least we know that the towers are all easily replaceable since they are prefabricated modules
So should they ever decide to harmonise the jumbled mess with actual fitting Gothic/Bavarian towers and spires (though chances of this happening is near zero) we know that it's possible 😂🤷‍♂️

Just throwing this out there for any future Imagineers-in-charge on this thread haha

halbjobri

I don’t mind the business of the structure itself but the clashing colors are repulsive. Should’ve had the gold and pale yelllow continue all the way down the castle.

I honestly would have liked it a lot better if they had stuck to the colour scheme in this concept art: a lot of dark blues, golds and copper greens. Looks a lot more realistic and majestic.
new-night-show-hong-kong-disneyland-disney.jpg

No Name

View attachment 477126View attachment 477127
So no more Vikings style boat? Maybe the imagineer thinks the stem post is blocking the view?
Also, the Orlando’s version has bumper at the base of the boat while the hkdl’s version has those rubber bumper on the body of the boat, which is kind of an eyesore. Hopefully there is a strong reason for that. (To accommodate for a steeper drop?)

The Frozen ride vehicles at Epcot are from 1989. It’s not surprising there are changes.

IMDREW

I absolutely love love love the top part of the castle. From every angle in the park, especially adventureland. If they would have made a castle from scratch and have the bottom in the same style as the top part it would have been a homerun for me.
I have to say, its very unique. That one thing we all can agree on HKDL needs very much of :) happy reopening!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom