HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

moe598

i wonder if we will see similar measures for Hong Kong Disneylan?

There’s nothing for the Hk Gov to do in regards to Disneyland. HKDL isn’t on the brink of collapse and likely won’t ever be - if Ocean Park shuts its doors HKDL will be in a VERY good place to capitalize on that.

I’ve always thought HK was too small to accommodate two theme parks - this might end up being a good thing.

There’s nothing for the Hk Gov to do in regards to Disneyland. HKDL isn’t on the brink of collapse and likely won’t ever be - if Ocean Park shuts its doors HKDL will be in a VERY good place to capitalize on that.

I’ve always thought HK was too small to accommodate two theme parks - this might end up being a good thing.
While I'm a big HKDL fan, I actually think HK needs both parks.

First and foremost, the two parks have very different themes and they complement each other. HKDL is a place of fantasy and fairytales, whereas OP offers thrill rides and animal exhibits.

Secondly, the two parks are more of a synergistic relationship than a competitive one. Theme parks are major tourist attractions and they are literally everywhere nowadays - why do I have to visit Hong Kong but not other cities? You can hit TWO world-class theme parks in a single trip instead of one. It's totally a wrong direction for OP to treat HKDL as a rival and mimic DL in the past. They should have further developed their own strengths instead.

Not to mention about the job opportunities created and the welfare of some 7,500 animals living in OP. Under no circumstances should HK shut OP down.

Last but not least, HK can definitely accommodate both parks, as evidenced by the fact that both parks generated profits during 2012-2014. And FYI, OP actually performed better financially than HKDL from 2005-2014.

disney.dreams

a bit off-topic but the merchandises of the new castle are stunning
hopefully the actual castle will look as good as the one in the product

1590315547657.png

1590315615990.png

Retrieved from Main Street Gazette

PymParty

A few insights we can get from a new (another !) Google Earth satellite view update (images date from March 2020) :

hkdl.png

As we can see here, the HK Gov is quickly building a permanent quarantine facility on a small plot located in HKDL Phase 2 site, next to the parking lots. Its size is quite important so I wonder what impacts it will have on HKDL and what it will be used for in the long term (Housing ? ).

hkdl.:..png

Frozen Land update. Nothing remarquable here as we have seen the drone footages recently

hkdl;;..png

hkdl..png

Here I discovered something very interesting (first photo is a screenshot from Google Earth and second photo is from youtube user 大S看世界's drone video) : on the plot of land between HKDL Hotel and Explorer's Lodge it looks like there are some coaster tracks that are stored, awaiting for installation. Could these be the tracks for the Frozen coaster ?! Very exciting if this is the case, the length of the coaster seems very good considering the possible amount of tracks.

Last edited:

tomy117

A few insights we can get from a new (another !) Google Earth satellite view update (images date from March 2020) :

View attachment 472202
As we can see here, the HK Gov is quickly building a permanent quarantine facility on a small plot located in HKDL Phase 2 site, next to the parking lots. Its size is quite important so I wonder what impacts it will have on HKDL and what it will be used for in the long term (Housing ? ).

View attachment 472203
Frozen Land update. Nothing remarquable here as we have seen the drone footages recently

View attachment 472204
View attachment 472205

Here I discovered something very interesting (first photo is a screenshot from Google Earth and second photo is from youtube user 大S看世界's drone video) : on the plot of land between HKDL Hotel and Explorer's Lodge it looks like there are some coaster tracks that are stored, awaiting for installation. Could these be the tracks for the Frozen coaster ?! Very exciting if this is the case, the length of the coaster seems very good considering the possible amount of tracks.

Those are the tracks of Frozen coaster. I believe there is no space in the construction site to accommodate the tracks. The arendelle castle pieces were there before as well. HKDL of fantasy posted a pic before (I could not find it).

Last edited:

Last edited:

disney.dreams

Those are the tracks of Frozen coaster. I believe there is no space in the construction site to accommodate the tracks. HKDL of fantasy posted a pic before (I could not find it).
is it possible to be a bobsled coaster like this?

as someone mentioned that the concept art shows that there are no rails in some sections
a bobsled coaster would quite suits the sliding sleigh theme lol

as someone mentioned that the concept art shows that there are no rails in some sections

Wow it looks interesting
But let's not expect too much first :p

Robbiem

this looks really fun I’d love to see it come to Hong Kong Disneyland one day 😃

IMDREW

Any updates on reopening? WDW has a date set and Shanghai just started their parade again (with no social distancing in sight!). Is the situation in HK improving?

jrhwdw

Any updates on reopening? WDW has a date set and Shanghai just started their parade again (with no social distancing in sight!). Is the situation in HK improving?
Parade is not on their site yet, are you hearing about it other places?

Nice to see Show Schedules again on SDL's site. Hopefully WDW can do a little entertainment when they reopen!

sedati

This is not a ride that can be purchased. In some ways it is a giant backyard coaster. Knoebels is a family-owned park and Flying Turns was built, over many years, in house by the park/family.
It's not wooden, but here's a similar concept in King's Dominion in VA. I've been on this and remember it being a lot of fun though very loud and rickety:

Here's a similar one at Parc Asterix:

This one at Efteling looks more like a waterslide type track and makes the most wonderful sound:

No updates yet. But yes, the situation is improving in HK - no new local cases of COVID-19 for 13 consecutive days already.
However, I am more concerned about the political instability. China is imposing a national security law to the city and the States is responding by declaring that HK is no longer autonomous from China. It is likely that the US will boycott China economically. Since Disney is a US enterprise, will WDC stop investing in HKDL? Will this impact HKDL's future negatively?

IMDREW

No updates yet. But yes, the situation is improving in HK - no new local cases of COVID-19 for 13 consecutive days already.
However, I am more concerned about the political instability. China is imposing a national security law to the city and the States is responding by declaring that HK is no longer autonomous from China. It is likely that the US will boycott China economically. Since Disney is a US enterprise, will WDC stop investing in HKDL? Will this impact HKDL's future negatively?

I really feel for you guys. People are fighting for their lives. Glad to hear the COVID situation is improving, but having such political unrest makes things more difficult. Thanks for the update, stay safe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom