HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

disney.dreams

there is 1 local infection case today, breaking the goal of zero increase of local infection case for 28 days
originally the goal will be achieved on 16th May
but now the countdown needs to restart and community outbreak may appear again
so maybe the park reopening will be postponed

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
If this is true, any chance it gets sent to another park?

The rumor is that Hong Kong's units will be sent to Paris. Frankly, if you ask me, Paris should've just gotten Anaheim's units since Hong Kong uses their units daily to compensate for the lack of fireworks. Anaheim's units are just sitting in a warehouse somewhere and collecting dust.

Disneylover152

The rumor is that Hong Kong's units will be sent to Paris. Frankly, if you ask me, Paris should've just gotten Anaheim's units since Hong Kong uses their units daily to compensate for the lack of fireworks. Anaheim's units are just sitting in a warehouse somewhere and collecting dust.

Anaheim is a vastly different market when it comes to entertainment. They have so many shows they can plug & play with, (I think I saw within July 2018-June 2019 Disneyland Resort had 6 fireworks shows at various points. They also have 2 nighttime parades sitting backstage. Anaheim needs this variety in entertainment to draw APs to the park. Plus with PTN being such a limited offering that everyone loves, they can really push the marketing for its returns.

Hong Kong needs PTN though, at least until their expansion is complete. I wonder why Paris is getting Paint the Night though over Orlando?

jaxonp

Anaheim is a vastly different market when it comes to entertainment. They have so many shows they can plug & play with, (I think I saw within July 2018-June 2019 Disneyland Resort had 6 fireworks shows at various points. They also have 2 nighttime parades sitting backstage. Anaheim needs this variety in entertainment to draw APs to the park. Plus with PTN being such a limited offering that everyone loves, they can really push the marketing for its returns.

Hong Kong needs PTN though, at least until their expansion is complete. I wonder why Paris is getting Paint the Night though over Orlando?

Paris has trouble keeping people late into the evening.

Magic Feather

There were plans to build a Star Wars land next to Tomorrowland, which is why HK's Hyperspace Mountain is more permanent than the Anaheim version, i.e. X-Wing in the queue and more effects throughout the ride. They even repainted the dome for the overlay. The Iron Man ride was originally a Star Tours clone before they decided to bring Marvel to the parks.
View attachment 469529
Red: Future completed Marvel area
Blue: The backstage facilities next to the railroad depot are temporary structures that can allow quick demolition and fingers crossed they're using this parcel for a new Tomorrowland.
The most recent plan for HKDL's Tomorrowland Marvelfied the original Star Wars takeover proposal, due to the much greater popularity of Marvel franchise compared to Star Wars in the region.
Once the new castle is 100% online, expect fireworks/projection shows to become a much more common, if not nightly, occurrence. While (IMO) HKDL should keep its PtN (and it might, I haven't verified that yet) it would make sense to see it glow away as a new nighttime spectacular arrives. Then again, I think parades and nighttime spectaculars are going to be off the table for the intermediate future.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No

Well, it doesn't help that most (if not majority) of the restaurants in the park are either closed or have a backed-up queue before Illuminations...

Then again, I think parades and nighttime spectaculars are going to be off the table for the intermediate future.

Yeah, especially with this social distancing thing on-going.

Toni25

When I last visited, sadly, the LAST train to Paris from the park left way before the night time show...such a let down.
You would expect they would put a train to leave at later hours or something...but I had to return to my hotel and couldn't catch the show.

PymParty

Any news on the potential reopening ? It has been a few weeks since we saw the first signs of the future reopening but no news has come out since.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
We've got new local cases of COVID-19 these days, so probably reopening has to be postponed...

It seems like Tokyo might be the next resort to reopen after Shanghai:
Quite a bit of news today:

Japan is lifting the state of emergency early for much of the country (39 out of 47 prefectures).

State of emergency will remain through May 31 for large urban prefectures (including Tokyo and Chiba) although government said it is still possible it could be lifted early in these prefectures as well depending on how things go over the next week.

Yesterday saw a record low of 10 new confirmed infections in Tokyo, and Chiba saw 0 new infections today for the first time in 45 days. However Tokyo saw 30 new infections today which is the first increase in a while. Hopefully won’t become a larger trend.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom