HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

jrhwdw

That's the PIXAR Water Play mini-parade in Summer
Given that FoF has been running since 2011, I think it is likely that they will replace it this year during the 15th anniversary
Interesting that 2021 is an anniversary year for HKDL/TDS/WDW

I know we're wondering what Corona will do to WDW's 50th. Are 15th plans moving along in HKDL with it still being closed? Or is it too early to tell???

PymParty

Anyone know why Avengers expansion and re-imagined project were omitted from the report ? are they being definitely cancelled ?

They just started promoting again, a sign a reopening isn't that far out?
Yes but that's bad
Totally against reopening at this stage
Seems like the second wave of spread has JUST begun
Reopening now will only bring more harm than good
Hope they'd be more meticulous while considering

A Frozen 2 show?! That's awesome! I'm surprised they didn't attempt that in the States. It was a massively successful movie that they kind of ignored other than character M&Gs. Frozen 1 will always be an attractor but Frozen 2 was so good I'm excited to see it represented somewhere in the parks.
Agreed! Unpopular opinion, but I actually love Frozen II a lot more than Frozen I

No Name

Is that unpopular? I agree with you and I know a lot of others that do too! I was just very surprised that they are still building attractions and lands based on the first movie but essentially paid the sequel dust in the parks. It was massively successful and the songs were so amazing! I can understand not making sequel-specific attractions but a show makes total sense. I always thought they should replace the sing-a-long in HS with a sequel-specific show. The sing-a-long is hardly cute.

Frozen 2 was straight up garbage. The plot was the most awfully and unnaturally contrived plot I have ever seen in a movie. I‘m generally easy to please when it comes to movies but I left the theater very disappointed. It was somewhat funny at least.

Also, the songs from the original movie are far more recognizable and popular than the songs from the sequel, that’s not even a matter of opinion, so replacing the sing-along with a sequel-specific show would be dumb. And I like the sing-along because the historians are funny.

HKDLer

New images of the castle
1BB6F237-E84F-4D11-B917-4B09E92156E9.png

04D328DD-03D5-468B-B920-ACD7D3EAE3BC.png

BFF42AA6-9481-424C-9D26-CC8454C91590.png

EAE556F8-ECAF-4C36-A69D-40D1C56FDFAD.png

A28FB1FA-061C-4819-A6CC-1C6C27F34405.png

06F27EE9-DC36-434E-9471-47F0C754C941.png

8EA54494-9BFA-4ACF-83E0-0AC6E1B51E00.png

C02020F1-495B-4212-9A24-7BCF1D9923B2.png

A379DE9A-648D-411F-8DBF-6A4EC043A8DB.png

28E54FE9-514D-46AD-9427-7999B04D1AA4.png

jrhwdw

HKDLer

Finally something! Where is this from?
It's from an undisclosed video circulated around local social media bloggers. They'll probably make an official release during tomorrow's Legco panel. However, I don't expect substantial news during the meeting.

All we need now is a reopen date, then after that, a Castle/Castle Shows Premiere Date!
It was speculated that they were planning to reopen the park on April 1st (in line with US parks initial closure period) when people saw tickets available on an online travel agent called Klook. They have now changed the available date to April 16 but with the recent spike in coronavirus cases I don't think the park is going to reopen soon. In fact, the HK government and many companies will reimplement work-from-home arrangements again after the city enjoyed a period of easing epidemic situation.

IMDREW

It's from an undisclosed video circulated around local social media bloggers. They'll probably make an official release during tomorrow's Legco panel. However, I don't expect substantial news during the meeting.

It was speculated that they were planning to reopen the park on April 1st (in line with US parks initial closure period) when people saw tickets available on an online travel agent called Klook. They have now changed the available date to April 16 but with the recent spike in coronavirus cases I don't think the park is going to reopen soon. In fact, the government and many companies will reimplement work-from-home arrangements again after Hong Kong enjoyed a period of easing epidemic situation.
Thanks! Hopefully they’ll also update the app map tomorrow!

Sad to hear its downhill again, hope things will look up soon!

RandySavage

I remain curious: if Gen 3 WDI can hit home runs and triples in more exotic architecture (e.g. Star Wars, Harambe, Mediterranean, etc.), why are they repeatedly incapable of properly nailing Disney's stock-in-trade, bread & butter style (Fairlytale European)? Shanghai Fantasyland, Tokyo B&B Area and HKDL castle all feel slightly off-key visually (to my eye), compared to the rich, harmonious stuff done in Paris in 1991.

I will always approve of this castle over its predecessor, but this latest rendering makes it look like it had a different studio animator assigned to each element, each in separate rooms with no communication, and said "we're going take what you come up with in your room, stitch it together and make no alterations to look like a single design."

IMDREW

It was speculated that they were planning to reopen the park on April 1st (in line with US parks initial closure period) when people saw tickets available on an online travel agent called Klook. They have now changed the available date to April 16 but with the recent spike in coronavirus cases I don't think the park is going to reopen soon. In fact, the HK government and many companies will reimplement work-from-home arrangements again after the city enjoyed a period of easing epidemic situation.
Anyone know what time the Legco panel will be?

No Name

I’ve heard it mentioned that Toy Story Mania is being built. That is not correct, right?

Anyone know why Avengers expansion and re-imagined project were omitted from the report ? are they being definitely cancelled ?

The Avengers ride is still 5 years away probably, so maybe that’s why they didn’t mention it. The more cynical side of me is concerned that it’s been cut and that’s why some of the funds were diverted to a Frozen coaster.

lazyboy97o

I remain curious: if Gen 3 WDI can hit home runs and triples in more exotic architecture (e.g. Star Wars, Harambe, Mediterranean, etc.), why are they repeatedly incapable of properly nailing Disney's stock-in-trade, bread & butter style (Fairlytale European)? Shanghai Fantasyland, Tokyo B&B Area and HKDL castle all feel slightly off-key visually (to my eye), compared to the rich, harmonious stuff done in Paris in 1991.

I will always approve of this castle over its predecessor, but this latest rendering makes it look like it had a different studio animator assigned to each element, each in separate rooms with no communication, and said "we're going take what you come up with in your room, stitch it together and make no alterations to look like a single design."
You've kind of answered your own question. Why do more if people will still praise it and excuse it as fictional/fantasy/storybook?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom